Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bestial Wrath does damage now

This is just what this ability needed to make the GCD feel justified. I mean, if they aren't going to get rid of it this is the next best thing. Now just put damage on hunter's mark too.

Bestial Wrath Sends you and your pet into a rage, instantly dealing [Attack power * 0.65 * 1 * (1 + Versatility) * 1] Physical damage to its target, and increasing all damage you both deal by 25% for 15 sec.
    Beast Mastery (Level 34)
    Bestial Wrath's remaining cooldown is reduced by 12 sec each time you use Barbed Shot

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317904/...es-tank-tuning

I'd rather they not make such a lame excuse for keeping the GCD. Just take it off. The ability has been off GCD since it was first added in 1.7, literally 15+ years ago.

my rule of thumb is if an ability does damage, it should be on the gcd. if it doesn't have damage, it shouldn't be on the gcd. while this isn't my preferred change, at least there is justification for the gcd now.

now if blizz would only fix hunters mark.

What a cop-out by the devs.
    If I wanted to be melee, I would have rolled a Rogue.

Meh, that's fairly lame. It's about half the damage of Kill Command, so it's nothing impressive. You still hit Bestial Wrath for the buff.

It's not clear who does the damage. The pet or the Hunter? If it's the pet, will it fail if the pet is out of range? Will it have a built-in dash like Kill Command? Will it hit if the Hunter is not facing the enemy? (You can turn around and still hit Kill Command, for example).

And will you be able to hit Bestial Wrath without a target, or will this force the ability to only function when you're targetting an enemy in range, which puts you in combat?

Bestial Wrath can also be cast while feared or stunned. Will the damage portion proc correctly in that situation?
    Last edited by Khallid; 2020-09-14 at 09:36 PM.

Great, now it will propably be better to not use BW prepull so it's another gcd during opener.
    Thx a lot, Blizzard.

I'm basically fine with this change. It'll make using BW feel a bit better for me. But yeah, you do lose using it pre-pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I'm basically fine with this change. It'll make using BW feel a bit better for me. But yeah, you do lose using it pre-pull.
    The damage is so low that using it prepull is still fine and probably preferable.

I levelled 50-60 on the beta after this change and I can assure you Bestial Wrath doing damage is hardly noticeable. This really is the laziest way they could have gone about this.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    The damage is so low that using it prepull is still fine and probably preferable.

I levelled 50-60 on the beta after this change and I can assure you Bestial Wrath doing damage is hardly noticeable. This really is the laziest way they could have gone about this.
    Can you even use it prepull, or will using it make your pet attack the target?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Can you even use it prepull, or will using it make your pet attack the target?
    If your pet doesn't already have a target nothing different happens; BW just goes off as it does on live and your pet doesn't attack anything.

I'd rather they not make such a lame excuse for keeping the GCD. Just take it off. The ability has been off GCD since it was first added in 1.7, literally 15+ years ago.
    Blizzard just wont admit entirely that the GCD changes after Legion were extremely bad. And they also wont admit the real reason for these changes which was to slow down gameplay so it would be easier for new players. All their bullshit excuses of making more interesting choices in PvP ect. is just that... bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard just wont admit entirely that the GCD changes after Legion were extremely bad. And they also wont admit the real reason for these changes which was to slow down gameplay so it would be easier for new players. All their bullshit excuses of making more interesting choices in PvP ect. is just that... bullshit.
    the real reason was that they didn't want a game where you had to learn macros to play effectively. But that's the way the game has always been and it was totally fine before they fucked it.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    the real reason was that they didn't want a game where you had to learn macros to play effectively. But that's the way the game has always been and it was totally fine before they fucked it.
    But they are fine with having a game where you need complicated weakauras etc. to play effectively.

If your pet doesn't already have a target nothing different happens; BW just goes off as it does on live and your pet doesn't attack anything.
    So there are no downsides at all. Noice.

There were ways to stop abilities from being macroed together without giving them a full 1.5s GCD. They could have given them a 0.1s GCD, for example. That would break the macros and force players to deliberately hit the button without slowing down gameplay.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-09-16 at 01:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But they are fine with having a game where you need complicated weakauras etc. to play effectively.
    To be totally honest those weakauras are not complicated in any way. They just help you and you won't be needing to look at your pet buffs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wRRM91 View Post
    To be totally honest those weakauras are not complicated in any way. They just help you and you won't be needing to look at your pet buffs all the time.
    I agree. My point was just that many weakauras are more complicated than simple CD macros. So if they use “macros being complicated” as an excuse for the GCD changes after Legion, it’s just bullshit.

i used it on a neutral mob, pets didn't attack it, and it did no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i used it on a neutral mob, pets didn't attack it, and it did no damage.
    I've found if your pet is too far away or not attacking anything it just does no damage.

With the cooldown reduction and random procs I'd much prefer it to just do no damage and be taken back off the GCD, the playstyle felt so much more fluid in Legion.

It's basically this:

When you use it, it activates the passive damage boost. And if the game sees that your pet is in melee range of a target, it will "tell" the pet to also perform that attack, dealing the direct damage as well.

If the pet is not in range, you will just activate the passive damage bonus and that's it. It's a bad design if you ask me. Especially considering how they only added it to justify keeping BW on the GCD.

I mean sure, by all means, keep BW on the GCD and keep the additional damage component of it. But also add a Charge-function into it for our pets, like what was done with Kill Command and Barbed Shot. Ironically, that would also fit the theme of Bestial Wrath so well.

---

And on top of that, we also have the talent: Scent of Blood. Currently, with every single pull if we use that talent, you will either waste the initial bonus charges granted, or you will have to waste 24 seconds worth of CDR on Bestial Wrath. And there's no workaround for that.

Solution? Make the bonus charges granted by Scent of Blood stack independently of the default charges. Meaning, if we have 2 charges at a given time and then use Bestial Wrath, we will then have 4 charges left.

I'm agree with the fact that BW need a charge mechanics at the state of thing. But i still think we have so much GCD as BM hunters. Basilisk + crows + aspect/BW 4.5 sec before i can do some damage on a 1 cc class... seriosly? Boring to play 90% of time trying to setup. At least crows need to be off GCD.