Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Rshaman is looking to be top performer in SL
    Not saying you are wrong, but those words have not been uttered before by anyone regarding rshaman and SL. Grats on being first!

    @OP
    I keep changing my plans for SL. I will have just 1 character due to time constraints so my choice will be final. My old main has been disc priest, since....TBC. Seeing as I will be in Torghast a lot, I will need a dps spec that I enjoy. Never liked Shadow priest. So I am leaning towards rshaman for group content, with enhancement for solo stuff. Atleast that was the plan until they changed enhancement to something I really don't enjoy. BfA enhancment button spam is my cup of tea.

    Guess I'll just go rDruid and be a cat in solo content. Stealth is OP, travel form etc. Can someone make the choice for me?
    Last edited by Nephod; 2020-09-11 at 10:57 AM.

  2. #22
    Plebs, you all understood NOTHING from the recent blue post!
    You are not supposed to say "rshaman" or "holy paladin" or "dh" anymore! You need to say "fae shaman" or "ventyr paladin" or " necrolord dh" or w/e combo of your choice!
    You are not playing the game properly!

    /sarcasm

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Not saying you are wrong, but those words have not been uttered before by anyone regarding rshaman and SL. Grats on being first
    They have been uttered in every single healer class discord, based on the logs we have accumulated from heroic and mythic testing on the beta. But sure, Blizz just needs to tug on one of their tuning knobs and everythign could shift in an instant.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Hey guys,

    Im curious to hear peoples thoughts on how they feel their BfA main has changed, or their new SL main has changed in Shadowlands.

    It would be interesting if people could keep it to one class/spec and just give a general overview of how you feel about it, good or bad, id be really interested to see what a variety of people think about the changes!
    My two mains, one (arcane mage) has received a couple of changes, but nothing really exciting, that is for sure. The other (holy/shadow priest), is looking promising as shadow, but dull as all !@#$ as holy. Also, seeing as how disc is being preemptively and massively nerfed AGAIN... Feelsbadman :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    I may be delusional, but seeing yesterday's changes to some classes gave me hope for a final tuning on Hunters, MM in particular which I intend to main.

    Removal of HM, increased focus generation and Trick Shots activation with 2+ targets instead of 3+ and I will have a 2-days non-stop party.
    I was afraid of HM and trick shots that aren't working with 2 targets but I tried MM in PTR and actually chimaera shot is pretty chill for 2 target cleave
    I mean like seriously, it's really good
    I dread about HM though...
    Last edited by Shedaar; 2020-09-11 at 06:27 PM.

  6. #26
    Quit for most of BFA but played the last few months as a rogue. Going to swap to a prot paladin or warrior and play a warlock for dps. Looking forward to playing something new as I have played a guardian druid for 10 years!

  7. #27
    My DK will keep being my first to max level forever hopefully. I just hope they make the gameplay more fun in shadowlands

  8. #28
    Prbably going Shadow Priest, because Elemental still can't do damage.

  9. #29
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    THink hunters have one of the better defined identities in wow. besides the obvious thematic identity they have a VERY strong identity in both raids and m+ as the class that absolutely excells at most of the tasks that the rest dont want to do, but has to be done to succeed.

    The only physical caster. The most mobile ranged in the game.

    Identity is not a think that hunter lacks
    I wouldn't call that identity so much as niche.

    Marksman lost its identity the moment Blizz tried to graft Ranged Survival onto it, and 2 expansions later they still don't seem to have a clue what they want to do with Marksman now because they keep clinging to the idea of it has to be both Old Marksman and Old Survival.

    Survival just never found its footing as a melee spec because the devs don't seem to know what they want it to do outside of just have buttons to press.

    Beast Mastery at least has retained its identity of "push button, get big and red" and added onto it with a second pet, but pets have been so stripped down that that's not really any interesting choice, it's just a choice of skins.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  10. #30
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,298
    Mained DK since mid Cata as mostly Blood, through thick and thin, never gonna FOTM reroll.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Nordheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    My main is Brewmaster. It looks amazing in Shadowlands. Even after the hefty nerf in this beta build. BrM was a god tier tank before the nerf and still extremely strong after the nerf (at least A tier).
    The playstyle with celestial brew looks really cool.
    Tbf, Celestial Brew is more or less Guard from MoP.

    I do love having it back, and have made me want a Brewmaster again. ^^

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I wouldn't call that identity so much as niche.

    Marksman lost its identity the moment Blizz tried to graft Ranged Survival onto it, and 2 expansions later they still don't seem to have a clue what they want to do with Marksman now because they keep clinging to the idea of it has to be both Old Marksman and Old Survival.

    Survival just never found its footing as a melee spec because the devs don't seem to know what they want it to do outside of just have buttons to press.

    Beast Mastery at least has retained its identity of "push button, get big and red" and added onto it with a second pet, but pets have been so stripped down that that's not really any interesting choice, it's just a choice of skins.
    You are pairing class identity to only its rotation.

    The identity as a class/spec, the way i see it, is what do you bring thats at least somewhat special to your class. How do you stand out. And for the hunter ranged specs(i'm going to completely ignore survival because its a living meme atm) its very much apparent and meaningful. They are by far the class that are best at handling ohshit situations in raids with both a large amount of mobility, an immune, and the ability to do damage on the fly. They are also among the best kiters in the game and they can bring a variety of buffs from their pets.

    Hunters are always worth bringing to basicly everything. They are the jack of all trades and master of some(not none). Their rotations being a bit bland atm(thats a subjective thing obviously) isnt connected to their identity imo.

  13. #33
    Most likely Shadow Priest. The rework is great and there are finally some meaningful talent choices (Void Torrent, is that you?). Plus Discipline looks like a fun healing spec.

    At first I wanted to go Resto Shaman, but they’re identical since Legion and really nothing changed. Same weaknesses and still the same gameplay, which is very boring. Elemental is still the same lame spec it has been from Legion until now. Then I thought about Resto Druid, they’re great, but Balance is so incredibly stale and boring to play that I can’t do it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  14. #34
    I'm going to main an Affliction Warlock and currently choosing between the healers for an alt- possibly resto Druid or Shaman. I had planned a Pally tank but realised they're pushing holy power on that spec too and I'm not sure anymore.

  15. #35
    Been maining a rogue for every expansion except legion where I was a demon hunter. Thinking of switching to Warlock for SL. Partially because I've never mained a caster and want to try out something entirely new.

  16. #36
    Current main is Monk MW/WW mostly but hearing the changes or lack of changes for the WW spec ; I may change to Shaman (my old main) if that doesn’t work out I’ll just go to my Classic original Warrior.

  17. #37
    I wil stay with my DK and Mage, though I might give the mage priority this time around. Arcane got a little bit less awful in some regards, but the changes to frost were nothing but hot air and the playstyle will probably degrade to a thermal void snooze build. Fire is pretty much dead right now because it's entirely dependent on external sources to make it work which do not exist yet afaik. The covenants are also kinda shit all around tbh, none of them are actually good, just good enough to bother with them because it's part of the class' endgame progression.

    DK is actually pretty nice, I'm just over the fantasy after 10 years and I don't want to play a fae knight. -.-
    Though all things considered it might be best if I actually do, since that would leave Venthyr for my warrior for maximum cookie-cutter ability usuage - but I really don't want to play my warrior.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  18. #38
    BM hunter - added hunters mark and arcane shot... Totally idiotic. Useless mess in talent tree. Basicly they fucked up BM hunter and make me dont want to play this spec.

    Havoc DH - Forces us to use our dash to rotation, cuz of UBC talent and demonic nerf. Stupid mess in talent Barrage in last row wtf? I dont want to play this cuz of stupid changes. Meaningless and crap conduits and legendary items.

  19. #39
    Been playing Balance for past 2 expansions

    Going Paladin now

  20. #40
    Warlock since vanilla , warlock in SL!
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2020-09-18 at 09:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •