Are we ever going to clarification on why our spells cost mana now?

As the title says. I can't post in the shaman feedback official forum because i don't have Beta access, but this is something we REALLY need to raise a cry about. You can't play ascendance on the beta because you go out of mana spamming lava burst. Druids are a hybrid like us yet their spells don't cost mana, monk is the same with no mana cost. Paladin's cost a little mana but it is not on spammable abilities. Their crusader strike and judgement cost mana but they have cooldowns and charges.

We have 1 spammable ability that is our main resource generator and one ability that, if ascendance is picked, is spammable and costs quite a bit of mana. I don't see the reasoning behind this. People were speculating that changes would be made to how our spells worked or something but i find this to be absolutely absurd.

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

can't imagine they want to bring mana back as a DPS resource, especially after it was finally removed for locks in BfA. I assume it's just beta shenanigans, as it makes no sense for our rotational dps spells to prevent us from spending mana on utility like healing, purge and CC.

Class identity maybe? Warlock also spends mana on his spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Class identity maybe? Warlock also spends mana on his spells.
    ah yes, because lorewise, shamans are known for their copious mana usage

Possibly a remainder of an earlier Beta change that removed Maelstrom, which was later brought back. Hover Lava Burst on your action bar, it should tell you how to report a bug with that ability at the bottom (default key: F6) and report this mana cost.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

this might just be a switching back and forth between maelstrom and fulmination over sight/bug. I can see maybe our healing spells costing mana, or any utility ability. I don't see mana being an issue for elemental with the was all classes work now, even arcane mage is hard to run out of mana

Well they reduced mana costs now so everything stays the same. Only dps shamans need mana costs. You just shouldnt go oom doing your rotation.