Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Yeah, did not expect that. Also, quite ironic that you can die while you are already dead (this also brings the whole question about, say, a Kyrian dying...), but this time there is nothing left.
    RIP the bear and truly, this was as good as Bastion one.

  2. #62
    Dang... that was a gut punch I wasn't expecting... very well done cinematic team!

    RIP Ursoc... you will not be forgotten.

  3. #63
    I am just left with more questions than answers, Not liking any of the covenants I have seen thus far here to hoping the Vampy Bois are good.

  4. #64
    So much better than Maldraxxus, even on par with Bastion. So many questions about afterlife, I hope we will get proper answers to them.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Well their personal feelings are irrelevant if the outcome is what it is, they still performed their own version of the trolley experiment.
    Definition of malicious
    : having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone : given to, marked by, or arising from malice

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    He said "when I level alts", alts can choice which zones they level in. He can get to 60 even by skipping a zone if you do all the side quests.
    Well, look at that... I didn't know about it, i got lvl 60 today with my main char, but still halfway through Revendreth questline.

    That makes sense.

  7. #67
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,340
    So you gon join fae now they killed our boi huh?

  8. #68
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    360
    Never much enjoyed the sacrifice the few to save the whole spiel. So nature get essentially two planes of the afterlife now, once when you die you go to emerald dream, but if you die in there you go to Ardenweld. Also wasn't Ursoc chilling in the emerald room (idk the end of the 1st legion raid) with all the others after that raid, almost reborn in the emerald dream uncorrupted again. Probably don't have my understandings right but oh well. Once again so many questions and clip was above average. Also what's up with seasonal periods in the afterlife, that's a left field concept?

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Nordheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,021
    This makes me sad. :<

    Bears are my favorite animals, and Ursoc was always my favorite Wild God. :'<

  10. #70
    Bloodsail Admiral Not A Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pancakes
    Posts
    1,190
    Wow that was actually really sad... RIP Ursoc

    great cinematic though!

  11. #71
    Once again...this story makes no sense, we killed Ursoc in Legion, which is far after WotLK, why did Ursoc go to Aldenweld and not the maw? It is Blizzards own story telling that says all souls were going straight to the maw instead of the other realms after Arthas's defeat.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2020-09-10 at 07:39 PM.

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Is English your second language? How else could you miss how agonizing it was for them to come to this? /boggle
    So they're not openly causing harm to recovering souls and erasing them by turning them into resources cause they deem them of less worth than the big tree and forest they reside in? As much as you think they may feel "agony" over it they're not exactly expressing it by going "welp this grove of helpless souls next". Ara'lon might be the only one that actually shows some empathy but even he is quick to join the drain gang because his Queen is stood there and he thinks sacrificing groves for his home is better than allowing them a chance at having an after life. Just imagine if Ursoc had been deemed a little more courageous than natural Wild God that needed to be returned, he'd be alive and well as a skele-bear in Maldraxxus rather than erased and turned into plant food for a Court he didn't know even existed.

    I mean let's be honest the after life kinda sucks:
    Revendreth is corrupt, will punish you till you repent and will chuck you in the Maw if you don't meet their standards.
    Bastion will brainwash you until you forget who are and then force you to do the same for others.
    Ardenweald will farm you for your Anima or you'll end up in regeneration seed pods which they can arbitrary choose to end prematurely for harvesting.
    Maldraxxus is a military state split into five houses and apparently suffers from infighting.
    The Maw is torture and hell.
    Arguably Maldraxxus seems like the best choice tbh even with the possibilities of countless other realms that apparently the Arbiter doesn't send people to.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-09-10 at 07:46 PM.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So they're not openly causing harm to recovering souls and erasing them by turning them into resources cause they deem them of less worth than the big tree and forest they reside in? As much as you think they may feel "agony" over it they're not exactly expressing it by going "welp this grove of helpless souls next". Ara'lon might be the only one that actually shows some empathy but even he is quick to join the drain gang because his Queen is stood there and he thinks sacrificing groves for his home is better than allowing them a chance at having an after life. Just imagine if Ursoc had been deemed a little more courageous than natural Wild God that needed to be returned, he'd be alive and well as a skele-bear in Maldraxxus rather than erased and turned into plant food for a Court he didn't know even existed.
    Malicious has a meaning. This ain't it...

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Once again...this story makes no sense, we killed Ursoc in Legion, which is far after WotLK, why did Ursoc go to Aldenweld and not the maw? It is Blizzards own story telling that says all souls were going straight to the maw instead of the other realms after Arthas's defeat.
    Where did you get the idea all souls go to the Maw after Artha's death? Blizzard has said the "Machine of Death" was broken sometime in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Malicious has a meaning. This ain't it...
    Except using your own definition provided:
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Definition of malicious: having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone : given to, marked by, or arising from malice
    That is literally the Wild Hunts intention, culling groves (harming souls) to benefit themselves. They may say they have good intentions for it but it's still done with malicious intent.

    Malicious: intending or intended to do harm.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  16. #76
    By far the worst one so far. His soul gets sacrificed for a tree that’s probably gonna die anyways.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Malicious: intending or intended to do harm.
    You know, your own body will start to curtail bloodflow to your limbs when it begins dropping in temperature in order to save the critical organs.

    What is happening in Ardenweald is the closest thing we can compare it to. Anima is the bloodflow of the Shadowlands. The caretakers of Ardenweald are literally constricting the flow of anima and allowing entities to die in order to conserve resources.

    This isn't malicious. The INTENT, as you state, is to save Ardenweald and NOT to kill souls.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Except using your own definition provided:

    That is literally the Wild Hunts intention, culling groves (harming souls) to benefit themselves. They may say they have good intentions for it but it's still done with malicious intent.

    Malicious: intending or intended to do harm.
    They clearly didn't desire to harm Ursoc. They were culling some groves to save others... Literally not malice...

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    By far the worst one so far. His soul gets sacrificed for a tree that’s probably gonna die anyways.
    You mean the tree that is keeping Ardenweald alive? He would have died anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Except using your own definition provided:

    That is literally the Wild Hunts intention, culling groves (harming souls) to benefit themselves. They may say they have good intentions for it but it's still done with malicious intent.

    Malicious: intending or intended to do harm.
    You can't ignore the last part of the definition.

    Definition of malicious: having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone : given to, marked by, or arising from malice


    Malice means:
    the desire to harm someone; ill will.

    Malicious acts aren't malicious because it's causing harm, it's because there is ill intent behind it.
    Good intent aren't malicious but can still be wrong by other metrics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •