Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Holy fucking shit that was depressing af
    Hits the right notes of emotional connection to the story. Ursoc was good character, and raid boss with some connection to interact with as the player. Draka just didn't have the player connection, especially as the Draka we did interact with is an alternative timeline version, so the Maldraxxas one just doesn't connect as it should as someone we would connect with. I think that is one of the reasons this one works better, clear throughline of story for the player to interact with, and the music was very nice.

I don't even play a Druid and god damn the feels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I don't even play a Druid and god damn the feels.
    Same. This was a gut punch on par with Ysera's death in Val'Sharath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I wont lie, the visuals are stunning but Damn did I hate this one, perma killing Ursoc, just doesnt sit right for me, I kinda hated this one ALOT just for that Ursoc is denied a rebirth something all old gods got, just seems like a slap in his face, I deserved it so much Kinda wish it was a different character and not him. Guess when I level alts, im skipping this place
    Except you can't... SL storyline is "on rails"... Unless you just grind your way to 60 and don't care about covenants.

So much more impactful than "Angry dead Paladin" or "Angry dead Orc". This one actually introduced something tangible as an obstacle.

Well, at least I gave a shit about these characters. I expected it would keep sucking after Maldraxxus, but I'm happy (and sad) to be wrong. I still don't like the whole fairy themed crap, but at least the idea of rebirth is interesting. RIP Ursoc

This one was great! Poor Ursoc

Made me like Night Fae a bit more. It's pretty interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    Except you can't... SL storyline is "on rails"... Unless you just grind your way to 60 and don't care about covenants.
    He said "when I level alts", alts can choice which zones they level in. He can get to 60 even by skipping a zone if you do all the side quests.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than Maldraxxus for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save the zone, put the anima back, everything will be fine.

...right?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Damn, much better than Maldraxxus for sure. Bastion is still my favorite, but Ardenweald's Afterlives blew away my expectations. So gracefully and insightfully-written, why can't Night Elves be written like this? Instead we get whining, entitled, and spoiled do-nothing forest hippies and moon sluts.

...all I could think at the beginning. It went so fast LOL.

Better than the last one. Really liked the aftermath of Ursoc's death. Hit the feels. Still don't care much about Fern Gully the fairy people, though.

Fucking kill cenarius and take his soul, that mofo has an endless amounts of cheats, our boy Ursoc dies once and get the short end of the stick, this is bullshit

Huh... Was not prepared for that, hit me right in the feels...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Better than Maldraxxus for sure.
    One of the reasons to why I'm still puzzled about Draka being the face of Maldraxxus. Sure, she's Thrall's mom, but so what? I still would've liked it more if Baroness Vashj had been the focus.

Then again, with so little substance, writing quality, and emotion in that cinematic, I doubt any character would've struck a chord.

Now gotta hope for Venthyr to be good. I would hope for Kael, but I'm guessing the main focus might be Garrosh. Also considering how he hasn't been seen at all in game so far (someone correct me if I'm wrong), my guess is that he's going to be shown as an example in the cinematic, as to how arrogant souls that refuse to repent are treated, either sent to the maw or harvested for anima.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting implications for the Wilds going forward.

Unless of course by expansions end we've fixed it and somehow also saved those harvested souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Malekius View Post
    One of the reasons to why I'm still puzzled about Draka being the face of Maldraxxus. Sure, she's Thrall's mom, but so what? I still would've liked it more if Baroness Vashj had been the focus.

Then again, with so little substance, writing quality, and emotion in that cinematic, I doubt any character would've struck a chord.

Now gotta hope for Venthyr to be good. I would hope for Kael, but I'm guessing the main focus might be Garrosh. Also considering how he hasn't been seen at all in game so far (someone correct me if I'm wrong), my guess is that he's going to be shown as an example in the cinematic, as to how arrogant souls that refuse to repent are treated, either sent to the maw or harvested for anima.
    I don't know if Garrosh would show up here, would he? This is a lore nerd question but, since Garrosh bit it in WoD, which was an alternate timeline on the other side of the portal, would he show in shadowlands? Gorefiend also bit it there, and bit it in Outlands, two different versions of Draenor and different realities, could it technically be possible they both show up in this Shadowlands, or different ones, theoretically? If WoD Draka dies, would she show up in Shadowlands, two Draka's running around? Or do they get their own version of the Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Fucking kill cenarius and take his soul, that mofo has an endless amounts of cheats, our boy Ursoc dies once and get the short end of the stick, this is bullshit
    That was actually his 3rd death. Once in the War of the Ancients, once in Wrath, and finally in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Interesting implications for the Wilds going forward.

Unless of course by expansions end we've fixed it and somehow also saved those harvested souls.
    Those souls aren't coming back. The Sylvar we see in the cinematic comes back to his grove at some point and talks about how there is no coming back for the spirits.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    ...in the Shadowlands and that the Night Fae are as equally malicious as the other Covenants and will rob someone of their afterlife for their own benefit...
    Is English your second language? How else could you miss how agonizing it was for them to come to this? /boggle

Putting everything else aside, side eyeing the fact that a soul sent Ardenweald is completely defenseless and at the mercy of the locals like an unborn child. Oh shit I just realized they essentially aborted Ursoc.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Is English your second language? How else could you miss how agonizing it was for them to come to this? /boggle
    Well their personal feelings are irrelevant if the outcome is what it is, they still performed their own version of the trolley experiment. Without asking the bearino how he feels about that I might add
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-10 at 07:09 PM.