Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Slice and Dice doesn't even have a rewarding animation, just a lifeless half-hearted "punch" and a sound that doesn't convey what the animation tried and failed to do.

Slice and Dice would work better as just an after-effect of other, real finishers (kind of like the Alacrity talent).

"I have hit you on several key locations and now I'm ready to finish you! AH-HAH! NOW I'M GIVING YOU FASTER PAPERCUTS! THAT'S GOTTA HURT, HUH? RIGHT?"
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Slice and Dice doesn't even have a rewarding animation, just a lifeless half-hearted "punch" and a sound that doesn't convey what the animation tried and failed to do.

Slice and Dice would work better as just an after-effect of other, real finishers (kind of like the Alacrity talent).

"I have hit you on several key locations and now I'm ready to finish you! AH-HAH! NOW I'M GIVING YOU FASTER PAPERCUTS! THAT'S GOTTA HURT, HUH? RIGHT?"
    Who cares? It's a total classic.

Anybody who's played a little bit of WoW should instantly recognize the animation and sound of Slice and Dice.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post

Anybody who's played a little bit of WoW should instantly recognize the animation and sound of Slice and Dice.
    The current sound of SnD definitely is not the same sound as it was in Vanilla all the way through WoD. The current sound effect is far louder and almost sounds like you slash your two blades on to each other. The older sound effect was far more quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    The current sound of SnD definitely is not the same sound as it was in Vanilla all the way through WoD. The current sound effect is far louder and almost sounds like you slash your two blades on to each other. The older sound effect was far more quiet.
    Yet another example of Blizzard fucking with things that shouldn't have been fucked with
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Good Now they can just kill off the dumbass pirate spec and just bring back proper Combat with talents for specific weapon types.
    Oh man, that would be amazing. The whole pirate theme basically turned rogue into a 2 spec class for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Which doesn't mean it is or ever was any good.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Which doesn't mean it is or ever was any good.
    The post I am responding to is specifically making an argument about the animation and sounds for the ability.

I am not stating that SnD is good simply because it's old, and for no other reasons. I am stating that the sound and animation of SnD specifically are iconic to the Rogue class.

― Douglas Adams

Yet another example of Blizzard fucking with things that shouldn't have been fucked with
    Oh no the single sound effect for my maintenance buff is different I'm seething

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    The Rogue that I've played for around 16 years is barely recognizable. It's not about a single sound effect, that's just one item on a very long list of reasons why I no longer identify with my character. Yes, I am disgusted by that, and I have every right to be. You don't have to agree. Then again, I don't care at all what you think. I'm going to keep doing my thing.

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    You underestimate how important sound fidelity is for the brain to recognize what's being done at a certain level, which is why Gladiator LOSa was all the rage when it launched (and somehow still is).

Just to be clear, I'm not saying specs like Assassination don't need more options for finishers and an extra button or two, and I'm definitely not saying SND is hard to use...

What I'm saying is... they basically copy pasted an ancient ability that seems extremely boring to press. It's also wildly inconsistent from previous things the WoW devs have said:

- Inquisition is a boring maintenance buff for Ret Paladins. (That's still gone)
    - We don't like when you press a button to just buff future damage (When they were discussing flat damage CDs)
    - We agree with players when they said there is too much passive damage and it doesn't feel like you have any -agency- over your dps

Given those previous developer statements... I look at Slice and Dice and see:

- Boring maintenance buff
    - Pressing a button to improve future damage but it has minimal visual effect
    - It's literally just passive damage

So instead why not give us something else back? Specifically talking about Assassination here... make a new ability that feels better. I'd love to have Kingsbane back from Legion, or the utility of Smoke Bomb available in PVE to LoS caster NPCs and reduce damage taken by our party. Maybe give us something that at least feels as good as some of the other leather melee like DH and Monks... throw Death From Above into our PVE rotation where it doubles the timers on all active dots or something so we have to use that when we get a good dot set up.

Maybe have this new finisher guarantee a Poison Bomb proc or something that will help with control over AOE damage...

There are clearly people who enjoy SND... and that's totally fine. What I'd say is maybe make it available in place of a talent like Alacrity which kinda does the same thing. Then give us something that feels as new and fresh as what the Demon Hunter and Monk classes have.

As a player playing rogue since vanilla I think SnD right now feels bad. It's not interesting, just a maintanance buff with no reward, no gameplay change. It's not problematic, but it's just boring and could be implemented better in 100 different ways. On top of that it feels clunky and bad in PvP. During PvP fight every cp and gcd counts and "wasting" it on SnD feels bad. Rogues in PvP are more about burst then they are about constant pressure so having more preparation required (or a skill that's not used at all) doesn't feel right. Again - it could've been implemented better.

For example make SnD a "proc" cooldown:
    After using 5+cp finisher you get a charge of SnD, you can have max 3 charges.
    Using the charge of SnD gives you a buff for 8s.
    The buff can be extended up to 25s.

It still wouldn't be amazing thing, but would have a simple "minigame" that would require a bit more thinking, planning and thought than just pressing finisher every 30s.
    And in PvP it would remove the need to waste important cp for a buff that you're not sure if you're going to even benefit from (kiting, cc etc.). It would also allow better players to time their SnD buff better for better results, which would be rewarding.

That's just one example, but there are so many options. I just feel that in current iteration we got old skill that doesn't really fit current gameplay.