Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Slice and Dice back seems like 3 steps backward

I never missed this ability and they're pushing it back onto all 3 rogue specs... am I missing something? Why would they do this?

Good Now they can just kill off the dumbass pirate spec and just bring back proper Combat with talents for specific weapon types.

For PvE it adds another button to the rotation, another thing to keep up. Not a lot, but that alone can show a difference between some players.

For PvP, it adds a bit more complexity for bursting and overall sustain damage. Especially openers/setting up burst. I didn't miss it personally, and I wasn't happy (or unhappy) to have it back, but having Premeditation for Sub negates the point of it honestly. So it might as well go again for all I care. Recuperate OTOH, I liked that. Having something to keep up for HP/energy regen instead of attack speed.

its a good change, i like it.. adds a tad bit of complexity that lots of classes desperately need these days

Seems like you haven't put much thought into it at all. It's a good change.

i dont like SnD back to assassin, together with rupture it takes too long to ramp up before we can actually start doing dmg, i was happy when it got removed.
    im okay with it returning to outlaw, since roll the bones no longer cost CPs.
    im also ok with it for sub, since the removal of nightblade and rupture not being that important for our dmg.

I have played rogue since day 1 of vanilla. I have tried to swap before, but never been able, since its my main and all. Everything ive done in wow ive done on that char. But slice and dice back feels like it will help tremendously in that regards. Its so unrewarding skill. get 5 CP you could have used to refresh your bleed or have a hard hit. But not, you need to waste it on a passive you barely notice, but you can't skip it, since the dps meters notice a great deal.

Also just mess up the rotation for the worse. Now you need to keep one more thing in mind when refreshing dots and use cooldowns. And that new thing is nothing but another WA icon

People saying "it's just a maintenance buff you always cast with 5cp" are living in an abstract spreadsheet fantasy world where your uptime is never interrupted, you are never CCd, you are never kited, there are no mechanics to avoid, the mob you are fighting is never close to dying, etc etc... this limited viewpoint would be hilarious if not so sad
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-09-10 at 09:51 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

It feels alright on sub, but sub doesn't really have anything to press maintenance wise.
    It hurts assassination and is going to turn into a big talking point on whether to maintain it or let it drop for damage windows, envenom windows, openers, etc...
    And on outlaw it's just replacing RTB so you won't even notice or feel it do anything.

great another bitching thread... OP go play another game.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-09-15 at 01:40 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    great another bitching thread... OP go play another game.
    How is it bitching? Have you even played rogue? They're legitimate questions.

SnD is awkward if not pointless in Assassination.

I think it's a great addition for sub, ok for outlaw, but a bad addition for assassin. It's another GCD to spend on a spec that already takes a while to spend gcds. Vendetta off the GCD again does help things I suppose. Also not a fan of the rank 2 of the ability for assassin just increasing it's speed by another 20%, seems like a lazy way to make the ability good since it was almost close to not even being worth while for assassin.

Either it should have more interaction with assassination, axed completely, or replaced with another ability that offers more to assassination. Cut to the chase could even come back as well. I've played around with it on the ptr.... it just doesn't mesh well with assassin's kit imo while I find it mesh's really well with sub's kit.

It returns a layer of foresight and awareness to all three specs. I'm especially happy it's returned to Assassination; this is the most engaging Assassin's rotation has been in years.

now i'm not a rogue player (10 year hunter main here. considering you guys had a spec deleted too, please don't feel the need to feel sorry for me) but i liked slice and dice. i've always liked that kind of ability where you start attacking ridiculously fast. of course i defer how a rogue plays to people who actually play it. just thought i'd say i liked it a lot.

this is me realizing other people didn't talent into SnD for the entirety of the past two expansions

I hated how random RTB felt

Also I still use slice admiral so I never need to worry about SnD falling off lol

Why don't they just remove rupture too its just a maintenance dot....Like ....? Do you want rogue to be just SS SS SS SS SS SS Evis SS SSS SS SS S S S S S S evis?

I can't say I'm thrilled about it. I mean, for Assassination, the previous three expansion before Legion all had automatic refreshing anyway, so this does go waaaaaay back. That said, at least it's not Hunter's Mark. Ewww
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Why don't they just remove rupture too its just a maintenance dot....Like ....? Do you want rogue to be just SS SS SS SS SS SS Evis SS SSS SS SS S S S S S S evis?
    After having many discussions about snd with a variety of different people, I've come to the conclusion that yes, a lot of them do want a rotation like that. It makes sense considering demon hunter has that rotation, so there's clearly a market for it. I just wish they'd go play DH instead of trying to ruin rogue more.

I probably should've mentioned I mostly play Assassin. I still think it's bad for Outlaw. At least with Sub you can get a talent that procs a max SND from stealth.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but the last time Assassin had Slice and Dice... it was a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    People saying "it's just a maintenance buff you always cast with 5cp" are living in an abstract spreadsheet fantasy world where your uptime is never interrupted, you are never CCd, you are never kited, there are no mechanics to avoid, the mob you are fighting is never close to dying, etc etc... this limited viewpoint would be hilarious if not so sad
    At least in PvE in Shadowlands it will be. You generate 5 CPs in a Blink of an eye and the buff is extremely long. So it will mostly be “use and forget” in PvE based on how the Rogue specs functions today. Maybe it should have been a PvP talent.