Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm pretty certain there's a realm dedicated to eternal rest where all the good souls go to. It'd just be boring for us to go there because there ain't anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, mysteries eventually get solved. Thats just how it is.
    Ah yes. Like the mystery of how the universe even began. Why our physics models break down at super small or super large levels. If WE have an actual afterlife, etc.

There is plenty that remains mysterious for MILLENNIA. Why did this particular facet need to get solved in wow universe? Answer: It didn't. There are so many better plot points they could have stuck with, but no...

Antorus? Just a patch at the end of legion. It could have been an entire xpac on it's own. An entire new world. The void? We could have gone there. How about the emerald dream finally? How about dealing with the god damn sword still sticking out of azeroth?

Nah. Gotta have undead bitch queen be the center of attention and lead a crusade into the after life because she's so scared of moving on into what looks like another entirely fine existence that is also supposed to be the ultimate plane which ties the entire universe together.

Blizzard can fuck off with their big brain ideas.

Has OP never heard of the afterlife? It's a part of almost every culture.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Has OP never heard of the afterlife? It's a part of almost every culture.
    But killing things is integral to the gameplay of WoW, every culture's idea of an afterlife doesn't involve people dying in the afterlife because that's the eternal continuation of living. The idea of dying and simply ceasing to exist doesn't exist, that's why the idea of an afterlife is even there. It's for people to believe that they won't just cease to exist when they die. The closest thing is some sort of eternal punishment, like being condemned to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm pretty certain there's a realm dedicated to eternal rest where all the good souls go to. It'd just be boring for us to go there because there ain't anything to do.
    Yeah I guess Draka must have been a piece of shit
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2020-09-13 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I really cannot feel any any less of a fuck anymore about anyone dying in Warcraft after how Shadowlands are being presented.

You literally go to heaven if you were good, hell if you were bad, or some sort of soul stasis shit (based on today's cinematic with Ursoc) where you can REALLY die from (OR FUCKING CAN YOU, IS THERE A SHADOWLANDS BEYOND THE SHADOWLANDS?).

But otherwise....you just live on another plane, doing the same shit you were doing in life: fighting, fucking, eating and ....dying...again....

Seriously all of Azeroth could die I couldn't care less, since everyone would just be doing the same thing in the "Afterlife", whatever that even means anymore.
    This is what a large portion of the population believes in the real world too, and yet people still care about their loved ones dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    This is what a large portion of the population believes in the real world too, and yet people still care about their loved ones dying.
    Nobody's traversed between the afterlife in real life, people still question their faith and the reality of someone you love dying frankly outweighs what you've been told to believe about religion.

TBH, It's interesting when you put it out of your mind that the Shadowlands are "death" or an afterlife, and think it as more another constructed realm you move through, similar to the Emerald Dream.

It will be interesting seeing how these realms actually connect as we know that people can move between shadowlands and other planets/realms which makes it very unlike death.

IS mortal races going to the Shadowlands when they "die" just the same as demons banished to the twisting nether when they "die"?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If you can die a final death in the shadowlands i wonder what their purpose even is. Instead of living your life and then dying and be gone, in WoW you live life 1 on Azeroth, then life 2 in the Shadowlands and then you die and are gone. Why even have the second loop? In the end everyone still dies and is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by m4zz0928 View Post
    Turns out, there aren't flying mounts irl too. Tough to imagine, but yes.
    Those are called airplanes and helicopters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    If you can die a final death in the shadowlands i wonder what their purpose even is. Instead of living your life and then dying and be gone, in WoW you live life 1 on Azeroth, then life 2 in the Shadowlands and then you die and are gone. Why even have the second loop? In the end everyone still dies and is gone.
    Well in Tolkien mythology, Eru Iluvatar created existence because he was bored and lonely. So everything exists for the pleasure of God. Why have an afterlife? Because it pleases God. I'm not saying that is why we have a second loop in WoW but its the reason used elsewhere in other fiction.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.