Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    lmao dude thinks people blindly trust blizzard

If someone buys a WoW expansion and happens to not have fun, it's on them. Everyone else know damn well what they are buying. This is WoW 9 - Shadowlands. Datamining is pried open like a garlic, just look at it and determine if it's fun or not. If they don't agree with your feedback, go play something else.

I don’t understand their weird self torture of expecting wow will suddenly change to what they desire most in a game.

It so stupid they keep playing and hate major features of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Add daily quests during MoP to the list.
    WRONG!!! The issue was NEVER THE DAILIES. But the one smart guy who thought: hey, let's put all VALOR GEAR behind the daily-reputations. I'M A GENIUS!!! MoP had the best dailies ever as said before. But putting behind this dailies the pre-raid gear was the most stupid move blizzard ever made. And yes, even after all things they added, this was the most stupid one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Because blocking a set of dailies behind another faction dailies was such a SMART thing to do, right?
    Maybe, but that was not the biggest issue. They absolutely can do it, but then putting in the valor-gear behind these reputation too was extremely EXTREMELY stupid!

I am curious to those who are unhappy with the way blizz is handling covenants, will you not buy shadowlands or are you going to buy shadowlands anyway?

I mean money talks, more than any forum post, thread or youtuber, money talks. I would assume that if SL underperforms at launch then blizz would probably change their mind on covenants really quick but if this is a case of "I don't like how blizz is handling covenants but I will still buy the game anyway" then I would have to assume blizz is seeing their handling of covenants as "correct" if the money, if the subs are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Truth to be told, we've been in alpha/beta for so many months now, and there are still so many broken or horrible/unfun covenant abilities. Blizzard has fixed a bit of the covenant abilities, but has done jackshit for the most part. If they are going to implement all 48 abilities in total, they need to ensure that all 48 are balanced/fun.
    You need to learn to live with the fact that you cant dictate what Blizzard needs to do.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I wish I had the same determination, I would still be playing Ragnarok Online and complaining on their forums (probably learned Korean to do so at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard have often been wrong. Blizzard don't deserve your blind trust.
    Blizzard don't have my blind trust. They don't deserve your blind hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I am curious to those who are unhappy with the way blizz is handling covenants, will you not buy shadowlands or are you going to buy shadowlands anyway?

I mean money talks, more than any forum post, thread or youtuber, money talks. I would assume that if SL underperforms at launch then blizz would probably change their mind on covenants really quick but if this is a case of "I don't like how blizz is handling covenants but I will still buy the game anyway" then I would have to assume blizz is seeing their handling of covenants as "correct" if the money, if the subs are there.
    There's no point. The type of person that makes this kind of thread could get the most perfect game they could possibly imagine, and they would just move the goal posts and complain about something else. Some people just want to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Please remember all the times the community were wrong with stuff they demanded or did not want.
    Then they got it and it was terrible.

Grinding Systems, Personal Loot, Higher difficulties, Lower difficulties, Remove the overpowered professions, make professions important again etc.
    Personal loot was a great change for anyone except selfish raid leaders and those favored by those selfish raid leaders...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I'm tired of still playing beta when Blizzard releases their new expansions. Blizzard keeps launching systems in a horrible state and then end up having spend a lot of time in order to "fix" it.

Please remember how bad these systems were when they launched and how wrong Blizzard were from the get go.

- Garrisons
    - Legion Legendaries
    - Artifacts
    - Azerite gear
    - Essences
    - Corruption gear

Please think about how awful these systems were when they were launched. And how much time Blizzard had to use during the expansions to fix them. It amaze me how people can still have this blind trust in Blizzard that they will get things right. How can you trust that Blizzard will be able to fix things with balancing after you have experienced the corruption gear.

Blizzard have often been wrong. Blizzard don't deserve your blind trust.
    Well, I really don’t think $15 a month is worth the level of anxiety you’re displaying here in regards to trusting Blizzard. If I don’t like it, I stop paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Personal loot was a great change for anyone except selfish raid leaders and those favored by those selfish raid leaders...
    Not entirely true.

Personal loot was good for the game overall, i agree with that. It wasnt good for guilds doing progress that couldnt trade items with eachother because they had 5 ilvls lower in that slot.
    Its actually incredibly dissapointing to get a really good piece of loot thats not good for you, but you cant trade it.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    With that kind of mindset you will never going to go forward.

I think it's about time people realized that if Blizz was afraid of its own shadow in everything, horrified of change to what worked in past, this game would be dead years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it's about time people realized that if Blizz was afraid of its own shadow in everything, horrified of change to what worked in past, this game would be dead years ago.
    The bloody irony is that they're trying to recapture what was lost over the years with the covenant system, while believing they can do that without touching the very things that have led to that loss in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The bloody irony is that they're trying to recapture what was lost over the years with the covenant system, while believing they can do that without touching the very things that have led to that loss in the first place.
    For anyone who is paying attention, they simply remake Legion systems with less grind and RNG and added choice to it.

I find it funny people are so up in arms about said choice, guess they wanted to be handheld by Blizz like in Legion after all - "here are your Artifact abilities, shut up and use them". At least now you can actually choose your poison.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's not up to you to decide whether Blizzard deserves my trust.
    Sure, you can choose to a blind fool. It's a free.. forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nope.

Personal loot also sucks for a lot of people who wanted to help their guild by trading items that weren't good for them, but couldn't because the ilvl was higher.

The number of selfish raid leaders is massively over-exaggerated, but that wasn't the real reason Blizz made the change anyways. They made the change to increase the grind rather than making more content.

Too many people keep defending corporate greed. Stop doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Well, I really don’t think $15 a month is worth the level of anxiety you’re displaying here in regards to trusting Blizzard. If I don’t like it, I stop paying.
    That's where I'm at really. I still think the game is cool, raids are cool, zones look beautiful, I'm somewhat interested in some of the story even if I think the writing is really bad at times, I still think it's the best playing MMO on the market by a wide margin but all the borrowed power systems stress me out so much I can't feasibly convince myself it's worth paying money for.

Blizzard lost my trust and the benefit of the doubt with WOD. They've clearly put $$$ over player fun and the good of the game. That's the main reason we see the game stacked with systems in the first place. It's an outdated time synch business model and the systems need in place as obstacles, a dangling carrot to keep players subbed. All of the new systems Blizzard introduced since WOD weren't broken, ill-conceived or incomplete, they simply did what they were designed to do- all too well and that is stall progress and keep players subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I don’t understand their weird self torture of expecting wow will suddenly change to what they desire most in a game.

this mostly happens, when ppl commit their self to something, that is changed into something else, after a while. they invest into something (time, achievements, collections) and do not wanna (or can not) let it go. these ppl always have some after-lightning of what that thing was in the past and wanna keep and protect their investment by not letting it go. even when it completely changed into another thing, they do not like much.

in wow, the complains comes mostly from the corner of being angry, about a changed game, they never committed them self into, in the first place. but since they invested into, what they loved so much in the past, they can not let it go easy like „stop paying and play another game“. since a human mind knows this deep inside, this makes you even more angry and disappointed that the game changed.

thats the reason, why so many ppl, especially in wow, are still paying and playing, even when they do not like most of the major game design. the truth is, life is not black and white. as long as these ppl can make something out of the game (even small things, like talking in guild chat), they keep paying to not let this and their investments go.

why i know this ? because i am one of them. and i am not the only one.

the fact that i know all this while i still keep paying (at least at the moment), makes me a... idk. ??
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-11 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Nope.

Personal loot also sucks for a lot of people who wanted to help their guild by trading items that weren't good for them, but couldn't because the ilvl was higher.

The number of selfish raid leaders is massively over-exaggerated, but that wasn't the real reason Blizz made the change anyways. They made the change to increase the grind rather than making more content.

Too many people keep defending corporate greed. Stop doing that.
    Your right, but also your wrong. Master loot should of never gone away from guild groups, that level of control has was always the best for making sure you could allocate gear where it would perform the best. For everything else, personal loot is more modern, and it saves thousands of tickets per day about ninja looters. Not everything is some conspiracy to increase grind and MAUs

For anyone who is paying attention, they simply remake Legion systems with less grind and RNG and added choice to it.
    They're not.
    You can have all Artifact weapons, you cannot have all Covenant abilities and every Artifact weapon was specific, Covenant abilities aren't.
    I find it funny people are so up in arms about said choice
    It's more about the fact that we have yet another system on which the entire expansion stands and falls upon, which can very easily backfire due to how Blizzard has set things up.

Compare it to the Glyph system in Wotlk - what if it sucked? The expansion still would have been okay.
    If Covenants suck, Shadowlands will fight an uphill battle like BfA did.
    guess they wanted to be handheld by Blizz like in Legion after all
    Nope, but if you want to "restore" something to do the game, you should restore it with the means you've removed, not with some convoluted system that barely fits into how people play the game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Your right, but also your wrong. Master loot should of never gone away from guild groups, that level of control has was always the best for making sure you could allocate gear where it would perform the best. For everything else, personal loot is more modern, and it saves thousands of tickets per day about ninja looters. Not everything is some conspiracy to increase grind and MAUs
    100% agree. also to quoted poster. 2 things are simple problems here:

- the problem with white knights is often that they confuse simple reality with conspiracy.
    - the problem with most normal ppl out there is, that they never worked in companies like Blizzard and have no clue how they work.

but these are no „real“ problems „per se“. it just makes it awkward, to discuss with such ppls.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-11 at 05:18 PM.