Thread: No classic+?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    This is of course still in the air, but do you think it is worth your money when classic does not get the money that we pay for it, and it seems to goto keep retail floating instead.
    You knew exactly what you were paying for ... there was never any hint a classic+, it was just an absurdity created on forums.

What is truly in the air is if it will transition to tbc. Classic+ is pretty much a fantasy

Besides, tbc and wotlk are proven success ... so they wouls be crazy not to go the cheap safe route and risk it ... especially nowadays where people bitch and moan about everything
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-09-11 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    This right here, 100%. Blizzard said it's not going to happen, and just like they said they would never release Vanilla servers and we still don't have those.

/s
    Because a version of the game that actually existed and was brought back due to the demands of hundreds of thousands of players is totally the same thing as an imaginary fan-fiction version of the game that only exists in the minds of about 70 people for whom Classic isn't good enough.

/s

But hey don't worry, you'll get your 'Classic+' fix in the form of BC servers in about a year or so, if the surveys and comments from actual employees of Blizzard are any indication.

Or you can continue to pretend that random-ass people on a fansite screeching 'CLASSIC PLUS SERVERS???' over and over is going to somehow take precedent over re-releasing one of the most successful expansions in the history of video games.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-09-11 at 10:31 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

This is of course still in the air, but do you think it is worth your money when classic does not get the money that we pay for it, and it seems to goto keep retail floating instead.
    It isn't in the air at all. All of Blizzards comments that might be construed as news on classic+ has all been to the negative. Its so low on the priority that I dont even think Blizzard has even wasted their energy on denying it. You might has well made a thread called "No Star Wars themed MMO?" in relation to Blizzard doing a SW MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

No, never, because everyones idea of Classic+ is different and if they did it the minority would like it but the majority would not.
    RETH

haha dream on
    Lol.

Oh you're serious, let me laugh harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It isn't in the air at all. All of Blizzards comments that might be construed as news on classic+ has all been to the negative. Its so low on the priority that I dont even think Blizzard has even wasted their energy on denying it. You might has well made a thread called "No Star Wars themed MMO?" in relation to Blizzard doing a SW MMO.
    Blizz actually has denied it. They were asked about adding options for things like HD models, and stated that they are not interested in adding things to Classic that weren't a part of the original vanilla experience (barring bug/exploit fixes, obviously).

Otherwise your post is spot-on.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-09-11 at 10:36 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Classic doesn't make retail "float", retail draws in an incredible amount of money from addicted people who buy all of Blizzard's store mounts, tokens, companions and race/name/whatever changes. The majority of the money probably doesn't even come from subs. Anyway, I don't have faith that Blizzard could create a good version of WoW with these developers. The people who made WoW good are long gone. I'd much rather have TBC and WotLK, perhaps even Cata and MoP, all of which I know I would enjoy for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, it really isn't in the air because there isn't going to be a Classic+. Blizzard themselves have shot the idea down.
    Well they shot the idea of classic down as well to be fair, however the fact that they already have a very clear(and I assume pretty popular) route to take which is stepping through the expansions as they released I see no reason they will deviate.

What I am curious about is what will happen to classic servers after classic TBC is released? going to deep 6 the classic servers completely and just migrate everyone through again? Maybe preserve the "novelty" for another go around later. I have always had an issue with this destruction of old content. I believe everquest has an almost continuous cycle of new servers or something.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    From what people are saying Retail still has more players than Classic and is keeping itself afloat on its own.
    Classic money is so far a bonus to Blizzard and potentially going to get even more money for them as they seem to be considering TBC as a viable option to pursue.
    I LOLed at this, People in classic have their heads in the sand because they all seem to think the retail servers are dead when its the other way around LOL.

Do people seriously believe classic+ is a legit thing? Was it not just created by the people who wanted retail conveniences in classic because they couldn't stand being the same level for more than 20min, and couldn't fathom the idea of not having a mount at lvl 1? I promise, if blizzard ever creates more content and slaps it on classic instead of just going to TBC it will be a giant shit show that will ruin classic in its entirety. If you don't like classic, then play retail. If you don't like retail, then play classic. If you don't like either....then go play runescape.

No, it really isn't in the air because there isn't going to be a Classic+. Blizzard themselves have shot the idea down.

Even when asked about something relatively simple like bringing over HD models from retail, Ion's replay was quote/unquote "we aren't adding things that weren't a part of the original vanilla experience."

As for 'Classic does not get the money that we pay for it' that's silly. You should appreciate that classic is free to anyone that pays a sub, because that is fairly amazing in an era of game developers monetizing anything and everything that they can. So there's no point at all in Blizz wasting time trying to figure out who pays a sub fee explicitly for Classic.

$15 a month for 2 completely separate versions of WoW is a win, regardless of how people feel about Classic or Retail/BFA.

And Blizzard never proposed WoW Classic as a means to fund additional expansions/content for that version of the game. It exists for the people who loved vanilla WoW and think it was the best version of the game. It does not exist as a way to fund more Warlords-type alternate universe expansions that aren't part of the original game canon and its silly that so many people on this forum seemed to assume that would be the case.

The next big 'Classic' thing you're going to see will be BC servers, that has all but been confirmed by comments that Blizz has made and by things like surveys from them about how to handle character generation for those servers.
    Lol, "free to anyone that pays €15 a month". The pricetag on expansions equals 3 months subs and serve only as a lock-in mechanism for the 2-year duration. The subs are where the money lays and where we pay.

We still pay good money to play Classic and blizzard cares fuck all about it. They even altered the Eula and ToS to make sure they didn't have to spend resources enforcing them.

Classic is pure profit for Blizzard and the money is sure as hell not being allocated back into the game, save for server costs. Blizzard is very secretive about their numbers, but don't kid yourself, Classic is financing retail.

10+ Year Old Account

Even when asked about something relatively simple like bringing over HD models from retail, Ion's replay was quote/unquote "we aren't adding things that weren't a part of the original vanilla experience."
    That argument went right out the door with the first changes they made. "Balancing" PVP stuff being the huge one. Not being able to fish for non-premade BGs, AV changes, all in the name of "it's not in the spirit of 1.12"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So because of that incident, Classic+ confirmed?

Not at all, but rather his argument doesn't work because it's never held up before. He is asserting the logical fallacy, not me, I'm simply pointing it out.

The only way we get Classic+, IMO, is if enough Devs slap together new content during one of their HIP Sprints (Not sure what Blizzard calls them internally, but basically their 'innovate what you'd like' time), which is the only reason we got Classic in the first place (A bunch of Devs got together and decided to see if they *could* get Vanilla running, during their HIP, they could and showed it off during Demo's.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Lol, "free to anyone that pays €15 a month". The pricetag on expansions equals 3 months subs and serve only as a lock-in mechanism for the 2-year duration. The subs are where the money lays and where we pay.

We still pay good money to play Classic and blizzard cares fuck all about it. They even altered the Eula and ToS to make sure they didn't have to spend resources enforcing them.

Classic is pure profit for Blizzard and the money is sure as hell not being allocated back into the game, save for server costs. Blizzard is very secretive about their numbers, but don't kid yourself, Classic is financing retail.
    That's an interesting mix of assumption, entitlement and nonsense. I applaud you.

1. You don't have to buy expansions to play Classic. You can buy the most basic-ass version of WoW available and as long as you're subbed, you get Classic without paying a dime extra.

2. No shit subs are where the money lies. In other shocking news, cheeseburgers now have cheese on them.

3. I'd love to know how optional servers with literally 0 additional cost and less monetization options (no store mounts for example) are 'pure profit' for Blizz, when it is retail you're paying for. You might enjoy sticking your fingers in your ears while screaming LALALALA I PAY FOR CLASSIC but no, you're paying a sub for retail no matter how sad that makes you.

4. Enough money goes into Classic to provide servers for you to play on and maintenance/support, and that's all it needs. "I pay a sub to play classic, so Blizz should spend millions changing the game to be more like retail even though I hate retail" is dumb to a degree few WoW topics are.

5. Classic is free, by that definition alone it does not 'fund retail'. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night, is what you should keep telling yourself I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    That argument went right out the door with the first changes they made. "Balancing" PVP stuff being the huge one. Not being able to fish for non-premade BGs, AV changes, all in the name of "it's not in the spirit of 1.12"
    There's a huge difference between bug fixes/killing exploits, and 'take imaginary idea of random forum people and create alternate version of WoW with cherry-picked features and new content for Classic from the team that brought you the smash hit Warlords of Draenor™.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is classic and not some new stuff added to it. Your money never went or will go into this braindead fantasy you call "classic+".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The only Classic+ you're getting for a while is Classic+Burning Crusade.

Classic+ will never happen for two reasons.

1)Blizzard would have to hire a lot more people to work on new assets and design new dungeons/raids. This isn't something I can see them doing.
    2)Classic isn't 100% dead yet because it's part of the normal subscription. Classic+ would essentially be a new game and would likely get its own sub. Blizzard knows that this would tank Classic+ and therefore won't bother dedicating time to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post

LOL you got it turned around, hoss. Retail is funding Classic's continued existence. Classic's numbers are nowhere near the amount that retail has.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Classic+ will never happen for two reasons.

1)Blizzard would have to hire a lot more people to work on new assets and design new dungeons/raids. This isn't something I can see them doing.
    2)Classic isn't 100% dead yet because it's part of the normal subscription. Classic+ would essentially be a new game and would likely get its own sub. Blizzard knows that this would tank Classic+ and therefore won't bother dedicating time to it.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL you got it turned around, hoss. Retail is funding Classic's continued existence. Classic's numbers are nowhere near the amount that retail has.
    Citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    You guessing correctly doesn't mean you were somehow more knowledgeable now, it just means you guessed correctly.

And again, I am largely agreeing with you. I just don't agree with you declaring an unknowable absolute.
    Once they have classic BC and classic WOTLK it is fathomable for them to have a small "classic wow" or "classic games" team who does small changes to them and have seasonal servers. What that could look like I don't know, but theres precedence for other MMORPG developers doing it when they launched classic products and still maintained their retail version at a high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Citation needed
    Not a place where I can dig through my history to find ATM it but I saw an analysis based on what we know about layering.

Based on the known population of layers (with some margins for flex...was 10%-15% as I recall) the current population of classic was derived and then compared to online census data from retail.

*edit for bad spelling cause I'm an Idjit