Thread: No classic+?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I feel like "split the community" is an over-used buzz-phrase at this stage. Most of those things did absolutely nothing to 'split' anything. People will always have divided opinions, and the reality is if you take away a large aspect of the game that certain players specifically enjoy (such as PvP for example) they won't regretfully stick to PvE. They'll just quit.

    So in a way having multiple ways to enjoy the game does not 'split' the community, it simply attracts a wider gamut of player types who would otherwise give the game a hard pass. It's entirely possible and happens everyday for different player types to co-mingle in the same game; this does not constitute a 'split community' in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    plenty of things split the comunity,pvp pve,pet battles,transmog collections etc,it will be fine
    Erm, I'm not talking about opinions, I'm talking about half the classic players going to TBC servers.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I guess it just postpones the question. What'll happen post-Wotlk is still quite unknown.
    Up to and including WotLk is fine ... wotlk mostly for concluding Arthad since wotlk is more or less modern wow. Going further is an absolute waste.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You a developer? Don't downplay the work required. The devs even said that you can't trivialise the work that was actually required. It was not a sunday jobbie to get classic working. There's a reason most private servers are miles off the money when it comes to accuracy and reliability.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I feel like "split the community" is an over-used buzz-phrase at this stage. Most of those things did absolutely nothing to 'split' anything. People will always have divided opinions, and the reality is if you take away a large aspect of the game that certain players specifically enjoy (such as PvP for example) they won't regretfully stick to PvE. They'll just quit.

    So in a way having multiple ways to enjoy the game does not 'split' the community, it simply attracts a wider gamut of player types who would otherwise give the game a hard pass. It's entirely possible and happens everyday for different player types to co-mingle in the same game; this does not constitute a 'split community' in the slightest.
    "Our work is totally hard," says everyone. This was not some groundbreaking innovation, they had the game, they had the code. This wasn't the case of making a new game, not even close.

    Meanwhile, random Slavs in basements managed to do just fine.

    I've been on more than a few private servers that ran very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #104
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,105
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    plenty of things split the comunity,pvp pve,pet battles,transmog collections etc,it will be fine
    That's not even remotely close to what "split the community" means. GG
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    1, how is this an argument against Classic being profitable? Are you high, or just regular stupid? Do you know how much money "free" mobile games makes even without requiring a "basic ass" anything? (I'm gonna spoil this for you, it's alot.)

    2, good thing this went without saying. People who pay subs without owning BfA clearly only plays Classic.

    3, they are pure profit because they have "literally 0 additional cost" as you answered your own question by saying. I am not paying for retail if I don't own BfA - Even you understand this.

    4, That's arrogant beyond measure. Nobody is asking for classic to be more like retail, god forbid it did. But at least banning players behaving like asshats (as they did before) would be a nice touch. New content in the spirit of Classic would have been a good idea and a way to keep millions of subs when naxx is done. Many people, including myself, will not be going into TBC exactly because TBC is closer to retail. At least get the facts in your delusions straight.

    5, Classic is free IF, AND ONLY IF, you play BfA. In my guild of 300 people, maybe 20 people even own BfA. How is Classic free to them when they don't even have access to BfA? Pull your head out of your balloon-knot.




    If you have access to the numbers I would love to see them. I know this, there's very very very many players in Classic that doesn't even own BfA. Those numbers would be very interesting to see, and you claim to have them, so I guess you can give us them.
    https://mmo-population.com/blog/wow-...-whats-bigger/

    From April and I'd be willing to bet both numbers are lower by now but Retail still has four times the number of people playing than Classic does.

  6. #106
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    For most people, it will.
    How do you quantify "most" and more importantly...how do you know what "most" people want?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    https://mmo-population.com/blog/wow-...-whats-bigger/

    From April and I'd be willing to bet both numbers are lower by now but Retail still has four times the number of people playing than Classic does.
    WTF? Maybe I am missing something...but..."WoW retail player numbers show us a total player estimation of 80 million, far higher than classic but that’s to be expected. The more interesting number is the daily players at 2.31 million (in April). "

    80 million players? Seriously? Like...SERIOUSLY?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

    Meanwhile, random Slavs in basements managed to do just fine.
    Is that why we see so many new MMOs doing splendidly? Apparently with all the money Amazon can shit out however, their new MMO isn't doing so well. Guess they missed the memo to hire more "random Slavs"

  7. #107
    High Overlord vincink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    face.eat(cheese)
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Classic exists due to finally retails sub numbers i just that low.

    A restart would start at the start.
    Classic exists because players have been asking for it.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    This is of course still in the air, but do you think it is worth your money when classic does not get the money that we pay for it, and it seems to goto keep retail floating instead.
    This guy over here thinking classic is keeping retail floating and not the other way around lmao.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Classic exists because players have been asking for it.
    that is partly true but players has been asking for it for years. So by that logic it should been here years ago. There is more things at play and retail doing badly is well known.

  10. #110
    Vanilla Warcraft Ended.

    Classic Warcraft is based on Vanilla Warcraft.

    Conclusion: No.

    Vanilla Warcraft had a player base that merited an expansion.

    Classic Warcraft has no where near the player base that Vanilla Warcraft had.

    Conclusion: No.

    If Classic+ were a good idea and had some semblance of a workable concept, with enough backing to commit resources?

    Still, No.

    You wanted Classic, you got Classic. Enjoy the Vanilla experience.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You a developer? Don't downplay the work required. The devs even said that you can't trivialise the work that was actually required. It was not a sunday jobbie to get classic working. There's a reason most private servers are miles off the money when it comes to accuracy and reliability.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I feel like "split the community" is an over-used buzz-phrase at this stage. Most of those things did absolutely nothing to 'split' anything. People will always have divided opinions, and the reality is if you take away a large aspect of the game that certain players specifically enjoy (such as PvP for example) they won't regretfully stick to PvE. They'll just quit.

    So in a way having multiple ways to enjoy the game does not 'split' the community, it simply attracts a wider gamut of player types who would otherwise give the game a hard pass. It's entirely possible and happens everyday for different player types to co-mingle in the same game; this does not constitute a 'split community' in the slightest.
    That doesn't even fucking make sense and your comparison is bad. If someone only really plays to PvP then obviously getting rid of it would cause them to quit. They might do some PvE here and there but if they don't like it enough then of course they'll quit.

    Comparing that to how having BC and Vanilla servers would split the playerbase is idiotic. Your logic implies that people would just quit if they didn't release BC servers and that's not necessarily the case. They may enjoy vanilla just fine but prefer BC and so that would cause a large portion of the playerbase to quit vanilla and play BC. When you're talking about PvP and PvE, these people are still playing the same game. It's just a venn diagram with some intersection between those who do either one exclusively or both but there's always overlap. Splitting the playerbase with another version entirely will have much less of an overlap. There aren't many people at all, even people who play this game full time as their job such as streamers, who actually play both versions of the game as is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    That's not even remotely close to what "split the community" means. GG
    nah bruh pet battles def split the community. My entire raid roster quit raiding when pet battles came out, they wanted to be the very best, they wanted to catch them all. Haven't seen them since.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that why we see so many new MMOs doing splendidly? Apparently with all the money Amazon can shit out however, their new MMO isn't doing so well. Guess they missed the memo to hire more "random Slavs"
    I don't even get why people try to make MMOs anymore. Literally no point unless WoW just stops existing.

  12. #112
    Stood in the Fire Mightytasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    When Classic launched I jumped in and hoped for a separate "old school" game with different philosophy. Runescape did it so why not WoW.

    When they made the TBC poll though, I lost all hope and quit. I mean it would be awesome if they somehow made it happen but I doubt it.
    Fucking this. I don’t understand why the classic neckbeard community is so against this.

  13. #113
    I genuinely believe that Classic + has massive potential. Not from massive class overhauls or new zones, but just basic fixes that existed even in TBC and WotLK could improve it massively, in my opinion at least. I actually feel a little surge of anger whenever I see people shooting down the idea as if it's the worst idea they've ever heard, as if replaying TBC and WotLK won't just lead to replaying Cataclysm, MoP, WoD and eventually even BFA. What is the point? Do we eventually come full circle and just do Classic Classic? Classic Classic Classic?

    OSRS does it well, I believe that Blizzard could too; It makes me sad that so many people won't even give it a second thought. I honestly do think that people are blinded by nostalgia, people ask for TBC now but what will they ask for if and when that or WotLK finishes? I'm very intrigued to find out.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2020-09-12 at 10:16 PM.

  14. #114
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    retail doing badly is well known.
    Only there's 2 year's worth of quarterly reports stating the opposite.

    You people are quite happy burping feels over reals but right is right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This guy over here thinking classic is keeping retail floating and not the other way around lmao.
    That's what they do. In the face of logic itself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post



    WTF? Maybe I am missing something...but..."WoW retail player numbers show us a total player estimation of 80 million, far higher than classic but that’s to be expected. The more interesting number is the daily players at 2.31 million (in April). "

    80 million players? Seriously? Like...SERIOUSLY?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Further proof as to why them 3rd party "population trackers" are idiotic as a base for any sort of argumentation. 80 million, HAHA! I doubt the servers could even handle that load...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  15. #115
    Would be interesting with classic+. but they still got Tbc/wrath classic which is easy money for them, alot of ppl will play that.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post

    You wanted Classic, you got Classic. Enjoy the Vanilla experience.
    That's some heavy generalizing. I never wanted base classic and have, from the start, hoped for a Classic+ route to be taken.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How do you quantify "most" and more importantly...how do you know what "most" people want?

    - - - Updated - - -



    WTF? Maybe I am missing something...but..."WoW retail player numbers show us a total player estimation of 80 million, far higher than classic but that’s to be expected. The more interesting number is the daily players at 2.31 million (in April). "

    80 million players? Seriously? Like...SERIOUSLY?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is that why we see so many new MMOs doing splendidly? Apparently with all the money Amazon can shit out however, their new MMO isn't doing so well. Guess they missed the memo to hire more "random Slavs"
    I'm talking about private servers for Vanilla and TBC. I never said they are making AAA games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  18. #118
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,938
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post



    I don't even get why people try to make MMOs anymore. Literally no point unless WoW just stops existing.
    Well...I guess the answer is "potential $$$" - Recently in a thread, the guys behind SWToR said they were very happy with the 1 billion dollars that the game made since release (in like 8 years) - an amount that WoW made in just 1 year during WotLK from box sales and subs.

    I admit that I have zero clue what it costs to make a game...but this game got like 38 million dollars in crowdfunding and still looks incredibly meh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ou1LHSGSuA&t=1037s

    But imagine 10 million ppl paying 15$ a month from Vanilla to WoD AND buying the x-pacs...a staggering 150 million $ per month. 1.8 billion $ per year. 18 billion $ in the 10 years from Vanilla to mid WoD. Plus box sales....something like another 3 billion dollars. Shop sales don't even figure in.

    Correct me if my maths is off...I am a bit drunk...but yeah...how can that NOT attract ppl to make another MMO?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    TBC will be your classic +

    enjoy
    Gimme it all! I'm ready
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  20. #120
    They never actually said that something like a Classic+ would become a thing, only that it might be worth looking into but it seems that we're getting a Classic TBC instead. They do make some changes with Classic but they intend to keep the game as close as possible to the original game. We have yet to see a confirmation about Classic TBC aswell so we might get surprised if they do add more content for Classic after all. It does require them to have a team who makes new art and assets and design new quests, dungeon/raid bosses etc which requires time and resources.

    I'm one of those who'd love to see content being added that was originally intended to be in the game, but never got around to. Basically turning Classic into the ''full game'' that it was going to be if Blizzard had decided to not do expansions and try another route by just updating the base game. Its also a lot more interesting then going to TBC which we already fully know of what to expect from, and I'm pretty sure that all content will get cleared about as fast as in Classic. I'd still love to play a Classic TBC but seeing new content based on the Classic design philosophy seems so much more interesting. I do understand that people don't even expect Blizzard to do a Classic+ right, because neither can I. I'd just ask the original developers to help out and see where the ship strands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •