Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yup, I've never had the same main. Every expansion is a new one, heck a few times I've changed mains mid expansion, but always for a new one. Its why I wish Reps were account bound, but i guess that's the price to pay.

15 years a warrior. Mostly Fury.

Mage4Lyfe since TBC, except for the 1st two Tiers of MoP. The guild she was in, found themselves short on heals, and since I was honored the Expac before by being the Caster in the guild to get Dragonwrath, Taregosa's Rest,(10m Guilds got shafted on that staff) I felt obligated to do what I could to make the guild raid viable. So I was a Resto Druid until SoO, when we had a Few Guildies come back from a "long rest", and then picked up Mage again from SoO to present day.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2020-09-11 at 09:01 PM.

Not a "must," but I usually do because of the variety it brings, makes it more fun.

3+ Year Old Account
    I did that every expansion:

Vanilla - human paladin
    BC - orc warrior
    WotLK - orc warrior
    Cataclysm - troll priest
    MoP - goblin shaman
    WoD - orc death knight
    Legion - orc death knight and at the middle of the expac belf shadow priest
    BfA - feral druid
    Classic - orc shaman
    SL - ?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My main has been my mage since 2006. No other class made me wanna swap for various reasons (theme, visuals, utility, comfort, relevance, bond with it after so many years etc).

However I already see a lot of guildies who will swap chars for SL, warlocks being a very popular choice between them because of the praise on beta. Most of them are also gray log dps, so going what they think is gonna be fotm is funny. Will be an amusing launch. I do believe that changing classes every now and then is fun though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I did that every expansion:

Vanilla - human paladin
    BC - orc warrior
    WotLK - orc warrior
    Cataclysm - troll priest
    MoP - goblin shaman
    WoD - orc death knight
    Legion - orc death knight and at the middle of the expac belf shadow priest
    BfA - feral druid
    Classic - orc shaman
    SL - ?
    A mage is long overdue, otherwise stay shaman!

I'm attached to the character i play as main. It would feel as betrayal if i switch to something else. Even getting an achievement on an alt feels annoying.

My hunter has been my main since TBC and that'll probably never change. I do however change my main alt about every expansion. I usually swap between guardian druid, prot pally, and BrM monk over the years depending on which one I find the most fun to tank with.

The first character I made in WoW (during BC) is still my main today

I get the idea of changing at the end of every expansion but ultimately I can't and likely never will be able to shelve my warrior. I have mained him since wotlk, I named my dog after him lol. As pathetic as it may sound to some people ( which I genuinely don't care about) He is special to me

Not me I have mained my Forsaken lock for over 14 years and have no plans to ever change. Now I do have alts of every class and always have them leveled and decently geared but none have ever swayed me from my lock.

I just quit instead.

My DK has been the first max lvl in Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA. I don't see why you'd change main tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    My main has been my mage since 2006. No other class made me wanna swap for various reasons (theme, visuals, utility, comfort, relevance, bond with it after so many years etc).

However I already see a lot of guildies who will swap chars for SL, warlocks being a very popular choice between them because of the praise on beta. Most of them are also gray log dps, so going what they think is gonna be fotm is funny. Will be an amusing launch. I do believe that changing classes every now and then is fun though.
    <..>
    I don't find it fun, I want to find my main so I'll keep playing it for the rest of my life D:

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    I don't find it fun, I want to find my main so I'll keep playing it for the rest of my life D:
    You can try classes on prepatch then. Numbers aside, try to find which ones you like best both in theme and play style. There are many people though who can't stick to one class ever, and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What should Blizzard do about that?
    i am not ok with the answers to that below.

i changed my main every xpac, just bc blizz changed the classes every xpac.

LOVED my surv hunter in MoP. never had changed that class. also loved BM in MoP. but everything was changed with WoD (in last Patch with 4pc you could at least play MM) and finally with Legion. Since Legion, this class has ZERO in common with what it was in MoP.

same goes with SPriest (orbs/insanity), Moonkin (every xpac another resource concept), Blood DK and and and.

Its not the spells alone. Sometimes they change a class so much, that it completely feels diffrent. while old hunter felt fluent, since Legion, with changed haste/gcd of spells, it feels like tac tac tac somewhat static. its completely another class feeling.

whenever i ended at the class i love NOW, Blizzard completely changed that class in the following xpac and it sucked. so i looked at a new class. nearly since 7-9 years now.

So, not for everyone here is it not Blizzrads fault.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-12 at 09:31 AM.

I main Enhanc since I started in TBC. Only time I actually had a different main was Arms between mid WotLK and MoP. Other than that, I play other classes but always as alts.

TBC - First character : ally NE warrior , tanked karazhan then rerolled to BE warlock
    WoTLK - BE DK
    CATA - with realm faction restriction and a RL friend starting WoW as worgen i leveled another NE Warrior
    MOP - we went back to horde and tanked all the way on my BE DK
    WOD - return of the warrior but i quit after Blackhand was killed because bad FPS on old laptop
    Legion - came back during tomb of sargeras progression with new desktop PC as warrior tank
    BFA - dps as havoc DH , guild "died" after G'huun , came back as ret Pally for 8.3 pugging but hated the ret discrimination for M+.
    SL - going to be a paladin or a DK , still uncertain .. I like both classes as tanks and unholy dps. I really want to go ret paladin but covenants abilities are meh and don't want to be the last choice for pugs again .

Side note: could also put my warrior back into the decision pool but protection spec seems clunky and thunderclapping for rage is yikes , fury and arms feel boring.

Am I the only one....threads, should be added to the list of topics that are banned.

I was liked that. I played hunter (started in BC), mained through wotlk, then planned to main through cata... but the change from mana to focus and the direction where hunter went since Cata made me don't like it anymore. Since then I'm changing mains and couldn't settle on anything. Had shaman main (Cata), back to hunter (MoP), mage (WoD, worst decision), DH (Legion), sort of no main (BfA, tried Druid, Monk, DH, Paladin). I plan to main Monk in SL... always wanted to try main a priest, but nowadays I play much more solo than in instanced content and priest is... not the most fun there.