Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel like I'm the only one in this universe who never thinks of rerolling from my priest, been maining it since I started raiding in 2008. I've raided as all 3 specs but always considered myself mainly a healer.

Obviously this thread contradicts it, but in my guild (same one since 2010) there's basically only a handful of people who don't reroll at least every other expansion.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2020-09-12 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could change my main honestly, I've been playing my Hunter since beginning of the TBC.

However I have feeling i can't unless they make reputation account wide at some point. I have put too much work into my main over all this years, having everything maxed out to just leave it all behind.

Why don't we have account wide rep yet?

I get the feeling that all players who never swap mains have never set foot in mythic raids, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    I do it every expansion I'm sure lots of people do

It's fun just playing a different class with different races, specs, transmog, etc makes every expansion launch very different
    Because otherwise every expansion launch would be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    I get the feeling that all players who never swap mains have never set foot in mythic raids, is that correct?
    Could be, i have played my warrior main since i started, and never set foot in a mythic raid, i personally wouldn’t like to be forced into main-hopping to whatever is FotM every expansion (Or multiple times per expansion), doesn’t seem fun to me to have the class and spec i play dictated for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    I've changed mains like 4-5 times per expansion for the last few expansions, it's the only way the game stays "fresh" really.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-09-12 at 10:00 AM.

I do it too. Keeps things fresh. My main in wotlk was a warlock. Cata was warrior/paladin. MoP was paladin at the start, shaman at the end. WoD was shaman at the start, rogue/druid at the end. Legion was a DH from beginning to end. BfA i've only played the last two months and i've been a warrior. I'm thinking about changing to spriest, afflock, or arcane mage for Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

I know plenty of mythic raiders who have never changed mains.

Honestly i don't see the correlation. Being a mythic raider doesn't mean you're going for world 1st and are a slave to the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Am I the only one....threads, should be added to the list of topics that are banned.
    Yes okay, sorry. Please feel free to message a moderator to close this. I'm sure they will agree with you.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Class quality of life is low, and whole classes get changed into something not fun for expansions at a time. Switching sometimes is natural if you want to keep playing this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They change so much around on every class each expansion that yeah.. that choice needs to be reevaluated.

Else it becomes like Cata for me, where the changes made my class(es) boring and in my mindset the idea of rerolling didn't exist.. so I quit for a while.

Current plan is to level three classes and once things have settled I'm likely to drop one of them and focus on the remaining two.

Started on Hirde in Vanilla with a Warrior since there were no Horde Paladins. But did roll a Pally that ended up raiding. Stuck with that character until Legion since I found DH to be really fun. Went back to my Paladin for Bfa and will continue with him.

Despite the Paladin's rollercoaster ride of ups and downs throughout the years, mostly being awful, I just enjoy playing ine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I know plenty of mythic raiders who have never changed mains.

Honestly i don't see the correlation. Being a mythic raider doesn't mean you're going for world 1st and are a slave to the meta.
    This is kinda why. Almost every person who says they have never swapped seem to think that people swap because they are forced into swapping based on fotm and being meta slaves. I and everyone I know play WoW exclusively to raid mythic and not a single person I know have ever swapped because they felt forced to swap. We swap because once you have mastered a spec and there's nothing new to learn, it can get stale and we want to move on to a new challenge. It feels like people who are not interested in playing games to challenge themselves do not understand this mindset and in their world the only conceivable reason to swap is fotm.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think BFA is the only expansion I have actually switched mains for. I've Mained a ret pally since late TBC, but I started to enjoy warlock a lot more on BFA along with on Classic. My lock is my main now and will remain my main going into Shadowlands. I guess we will find out?

Well blizzard just forced me to play the spec i chose on day 1 for 2 years straight so yeah i'm switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    You're certainly not.

In Vanilla, I played a Hunter.

In TBC, I ended up switching to a Shaman.

When WOTLK rolled out, I hated the changes they made to Shaman (and was pissed we never got a class overhaul in TBC) so I switched to Paladin because I loved healing on a Paladin in WotLK (though, I did despise ret because fuck maintenance abilities like Inquisition.

CATA I almost ENTIRELY skipped because I hated Cata and I hated the states of Classes though, toward the end, I played a Warrior

MOP, I went with a Monk because they were new and fresh and I loved the abilities

WOD saw some major changes to Monk that I didn't care for and Burst of Speed was amazing so I mained a Rogue and toward the end switched to a Hunter.

Legion, I switched back to my monk. Ended up doing mostly healing in raids and some WW for fun.

BFA, I felt like an absolute gimp on Monk, I just couldn't survive shit at all so I ended up maining my DH / Hunter mostly (I play them both pretty equally and I geared out my Hunter in Heroic Nyalotha SUPER fast and felt like I had nothing left to do).

Shadowlands is actually going to be the first expansion I stick with a main (Hunter) because so far, they haven't royally fucked them over yet.

I think the problem stems from the fact they add new abilities and deprecate some old abilities and it changes how the class I love plays and I don't feel like I'm having fun on that class anymore. It's a real shame too.

Part of that problem is really poor design from the Blizzard Dev team.

I want to play a Hunter or I want to play a Shaman. I don't want them to suddenly overhaul those classes because of a few vocal people and they try to make it "fresh". I also don't want to play a Kyrian Hunter or a Venthyr Hunter. I want to play a Hunter, ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one in this universe who never thinks of rerolling from my priest, been maining it since I started raiding in 2008. I've raided as all 3 specs but always considered myself mainly a healer.

Obviously this thread contradicts it, but in my guild (same one since 2010) there's basically only a handful of people who don't reroll at least every other expansion.
    Every one of the healers I've played throughout the Expansions have had their healing style adjusted significantly enough that I no longer enjoy healing on those characters.

I will say, I feel like the idea of getting into melee range as a healer to do DPS is straight fucking cancer.

I used to love healing on both Monk and Paladin but now they require you to be in melee range and I'm just like, wtf, no.

False.. and seems like an odd thing to believe.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Never. Been on my druid since vanilla and I will never change that. Its called having a main.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I have changed main twice. I played my tauren hunter vanilla->mop and changed to a dwarf paladin on another server in WoD. I swapped because the people I played with quit and I meet new people while lvling the paladin.

Now I'm about to change server again and go back to horde. I will probably play paladin again or maybe dk. Hopefully shadowlands will be somewhat alt friendly because I wanna try some of the caster classes.

One of the reasons so many people still play the game. So much diversity. For me its weird that some players play only one class for years. I know couple of guys that played maybe 2 classes since BC... No alts, just one and the same class for 10+ years. And they play a lot, not some casuals. For them, I am the weirdo with so many alts and I play way less than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Never. Been on my druid since vanilla and I will never change that. Its called having a main.
    Oh, so that's what it's called Thanks I had no idea, thus this thread.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom