Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Still play the same hunter main that I raided with in Molten Core back in vanilla. Not technically my 1st ever character because I think I played a warrior to about level 10 1st and a paladin to about level 4.... But it's the 1st character I settled on as my main.

Only difference is that it started out as a male night elf and now it's a male draenei.. I race changed during wrath of the lich king for the 1% hit to party buff racial to help my guild have that buff for each group in the raids.

I have an awful issue with changing mains a lot and I seriously want to stick to 1 thing time around in Shadowlands so I managed to break it down to Druid, Rogue or Priest but I have absolutely no idea how to pick between the 3.

From my WoW travels, it seems like most people i've played with tend to mostly stick to one class, but will dabble here and there.

I suspect it's mostly out of laziness/fear of sucking on something new.

I switch it up depending on how I feel. I've gone back to mage a couple times, done paladin, hunter, and am now a shaman.

Tempted to go druid or monk in SL, but we'll see.

One thing I've learned is it's best not to go a dps only class for a main. Just cause you're able to get into groups so much easier if you have versatility and it saves a lot of time. It's also a nice change of pace to do a different role in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    From my WoW travels, it seems like most people i've played with tend to mostly stick to one class, but will dabble here and there.

I suspect it's mostly out of laziness/fear of sucking on something new.
    My problem with my indecision I always expect I might like something more or 'grass is always greener' despite not having issues with what I am currently playing. I also like too much so everything feels all right to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    My problem with my indecision I always expect I might like something more or 'grass is always greener' despite not having issues with what I am currently playing. I also like too much so everything feels all right to play.
    Understandable.

I do it merely to switch things up. The fact that people have been playing the same class for a decade or more is baffling to me, but hey w/e.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't play alts. I've had one single main for a very very long time, I didn't max alts until Legion came out.

In a way, it's also why I don't mind hard choices. I'll make whatever is given to me work, always have.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't play alts. I've had one single main for a very very long time, I didn't max alts until Legion came out.

In a way, it's also why I don't mind hard choices. I'll make whatever is given to me work, always have.
    Alts have become too cumbersome to keep up ever since legion. I don't know how people do it.

Well, I mean, I do know how, they grinded monotonous busy work on several characters for dozens of hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    Done it a bunch of times. A lot in Legion and now again in bfa and again in SL.