Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played Mage 'till Wrath, switched to Druid shortly after ToC released and been playing it since. I do have an army of alts, but I don't think I'll ever swap out of my druid (Feral/Guardian)

It depends on whether said expansion significantly changes the playstyle of my main or not. I used to main shadow priest and I loved the MoP and Draenor playstyle. I absolutely detested the Legion/BFA makeover with Void form and abandoned my priest to play Warlock. Now that SL is getting rid of Legion playstyle, I will make SP my main again.

There are still some things I dislike (like the new Shadowform, give old Shadowform glyph plz), but it's making me excited to play SP again.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. I’ve mained my DK since I started the game

Iv been a druid since i started the game back in 2005. Iv never been able to change character in a new expansion as I just feel... too attached to my druid and as the years go on I get more and more attached. Achievements, titles and so on. Even tho its shared its not the same. I almost envy people who can just drop a character and change. Would probs help me more seeing as im a feral druid... xD

You pick something you identifiy with when you start playing the game and you stick with it through thick and thin.

People that change class every expansion or patch usually have some sort of personality disorder.

Resto Shaman for 15 years here.

I always had like 2-3 characters that I have always leveled up first and had most /played on etc in each expansion. These are my Hunter(first main I had), Mage and Druid.

I started in wotlk with my mage, which i also mained in cata.
    Then in mop blood dk (start) and ww monk (tot + soo).
    Wod blood dk again, legion dh till nighthold and monk from tos onward.
    Bfa started my old mage again, switched to mw/ww monk during palace.
    As there is a recurring pattern, i will start Sl on my monk and hope it sticks this time.

Edit: started classic as rogue, went feral as that first guild went down in crazy drama. Now im a fury warrior and plan to stay so until they (probably) release tbc
    Last edited by Lanesra; 2020-09-24 at 09:00 AM.

i only changed my main once and that was from Warlock to Holy Priest back in WotlK

vanilla : warrior tank
    bc : chaman
    lk - bfa : dk
    man i just love dk..too much ! never looked back since :P
    shadowland : well...DK !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    I've only switched mains once (I think it may have been during Wrath but could have been a little earlier than that): priest to druid. Alts fill that desire to do something slightly new for me personally.

I play mage as my main since the first day, though I changed the character from Alliance to Horde back in TBC. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I am changing main every week or 2. Got every class on max lvl, some twice or trice

10+ Year Old Account
    I never change my main. I have been maining the very same rogue I created back in Vanilla. But I do usually switch which alt I will mainly focus on from expansion to expansion depending on how much I enjoy them.

I reluctantly started with human warrior, despite wanting to play hunter. This was back in very late vanilla as I recall on couple trial accounts, and later on the actual account. Still remember how difficult it felt not getting to play a hunter, because I only cared about playing human at the time. Made it to mid BC, after which I decided to make a Draenei hunter, and liked it. Warrior got delete at that point.

Some months after I tried shaman, and absolutely fell in love with the class. Played as resto until Firelands, and then decided to roll dps for once, and played it as enha (resto here and there randomly) until WoD (and even in wod, but as alt for the first time). I was never much for alts, certainly not like most seem to have them, as entire armies, but cata, late mop and WoD were boredom enough, that I was dabbling in warrior, priest and hunter alts during them.

WoD for me was a power struggle between the warrior and priest for main, with warrior getting more time during the expansion as it happened. In the end it was the priest that won my heart, and it's been my main since, and will continue into SL. At this point it's as dear to me as my beloved shaman used to be in it's prime, and in a way still is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I'm playing hunter since the end of vanilla, I never rerolled my alts are between 85 and 110. I dont see the point of rerolling even if not the best dps class or whathever, all classes are needed in a guild

And most of time I stick to old survival/BM (MM only during wotlk). I cant imagine playing without FD and a pet xD

You can't master a class if you switch everytime (playing melee or ranged is totally a different game) unless you're really good
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-09-26 at 10:08 AM.

short answer : no - a lot of people feel that way.
    long answer : there is no need to change your main every expansion, that is a choice you make - not an issue with the game.

Arcane Mage from Vanilla to Shadowlands here.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Still play the same hunter main that I raided with in Molten Core back in vanilla. Not technically my 1st ever character because I think I played a warrior to about level 10 1st and a paladin to about level 4.... But it's the 1st character I settled on as my main.

Only difference is that it started out as a male night elf and now it's a male draenei.. I race changed during wrath of the lich king for the 1% hit to party buff racial to help my guild have that buff for each group in the raids.

I have an awful issue with changing mains a lot and I seriously want to stick to 1 thing time around in Shadowlands so I managed to break it down to Druid, Rogue or Priest but I have absolutely no idea how to pick between the 3.

From my WoW travels, it seems like most people i've played with tend to mostly stick to one class, but will dabble here and there.

I suspect it's mostly out of laziness/fear of sucking on something new.

I switch it up depending on how I feel. I've gone back to mage a couple times, done paladin, hunter, and am now a shaman.

Tempted to go druid or monk in SL, but we'll see.

One thing I've learned is it's best not to go a dps only class for a main. Just cause you're able to get into groups so much easier if you have versatility and it saves a lot of time. It's also a nice change of pace to do a different role in my opinion.