Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Sigh, i keep being reminded why warcraft is such a waste of my time. yet I keep coming back for more.
    So say we all.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the journal, https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...ration-preface, the author writes that void lords observe multiple outcomes and could possibly anticipate their plans. Maybe the source of the whispers are seeing all the possible outcomes where Sylvanas disrupts whatever the void lords are scheming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yat-Yas View Post
    In the journal, , the author writes that void lords observe multiple outcomes and could possibly anticipate their plans. Maybe the source of the whispers are seeing all the possible outcomes where Sylvanas disrupts whatever the void lords are scheming.
    I think this is the most likely explanation. I don’t think the interactions between these cosmic forces are anymore complicated than red vs blue; because I don’t trust blizz to write them with anymore nuance than that. They oppose one another. Death and void may both want to irradiate ‘life’ or reality as mortals know/want it to be but they still want the same thing just by differing means and for nothing more than bragging rights or supreme domination in the name of <insert villain/force here>

What's weird to me is that the Death should be the strongest power in the universe by default. Everything dies eventually, and the power Death has accumulated over the eons should be vastly greater to that of other forces. The dead will always outnumber the living...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh god that graphic style... It's all over the place and should, honestly, come with a warning label.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It almost feels like they actually put effort to find bad artist on purpose.
    I'm dead lmao For real.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Sigh, i keep being reminded why warcraft is such a waste of my time. yet I keep coming back for more.
    So true
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-12 at 10:28 AM.

" Everything Decays" not only life form. And Decay is a tool of Death.

Hahahahaha yet again I am reminded of that cringe Vereesa line, "stop fighting it was ME who was hurt the most you have no idea how much you hurt me ive been so sad ever since, if only you know how it hurts FeelsBadMan"

There's a bunch of fiction where Lovecraftian-lite entities like the Void are afraid of death, Cancerverse in Marvel comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thought about the Void existing prior to the creation of the physical universe (and thus the cosmic force of "Death" and things being able to die in the physical universe) should have no reason to fear Death makes sense to me. But I forget that this is WoW and Blizzard attempts leaps and bounds to justify lore reasoning.

Perhaps, as we have seen with various minions of the Void as well as Old Gods, because they are capable of dying "so easily" the Void fears their time is running out. Death is coming to everything, even the Void.

They gotta hurry and corrupt a world-soul as soon as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It almost feels like they actually put effort to find bad artist on purpose.
    The artist isn't bad but their faces are super uncanny. I think some of the blame probably falls on the colorist.

The comparison of the void to a black hole is apt. Even black holes collapse/die. When there is nothing left for them to consume, they consume themselves. The void wants to twist reality to give itself an endless supply of food and live its thousand truths. If death takes everything first, it will have nothing to twist and thus consume itself in the effort.

That, and the inability to mind control undead, is why the void fears death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The artist isn't bad but their faces are super uncanny. I think some of the blame probably falls on the colorist.
    Which is probably the most important part in comic that focuses on emotional interaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    What's weird to me is that the Death should be the strongest power in the universe by default. Everything dies eventually, and the power Death has accumulated over the eons should be vastly greater to that of other forces. The dead will always outnumber the living...
    Death is just the other side of life. Void represents nonexistence.

If the Void were to win, it would result in the erasure of all reality, including the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I still maintain that this comic isn't trying to convey that the Void is afraid of Sylvanas, or Death, or anything like that - it's just employing an argument or line of reasoning designed to make Alleria want to try to kill her sister in the hopes that it will either A.) cause chaos and drive Alleria more crazy, or B.) get Alleria killed and thus end someone who is using the Void's power without also being its agent. In short it's just trying to manipulate Alleria, and doesn't have any real fear of Death or Sylvanas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I still maintain that this comic isn't trying to convey that the Void is afraid of Sylvanas, or Death, or anything like that - it's just employing an argument or line of reasoning designed to make Alleria want to try to kill her sister in the hopes that it will either A.) cause chaos and drive Alleria more crazy, or B.) get Alleria killed and thus end someone who is using the Void's power without also being its agent. In short it's just trying to manipulate Alleria, and doesn't have any real fear of Death or Sylvanas.
    That was my take too, those void whispers are trying to urge Alleria to act, but to stretch that into "The void is afraid of death"? That's a bit of a leap, isn't it?

Especially when that assumption is based on one line in a comic, when making assumptions in the lore of World of RetconCraft, i need a bit more than that to support such a bold claim...

Death is just the other side of life. Void represents nonexistence.

If the Void were to win, it would result in the erasure of all reality, including the Shadowlands.
    But with hindsight now, the Void is clearly warning Alleria here about Sylvanas's plan with the Jailer.
    "She seeks the death of all things. All possibilities".

Which fits in line with Sylvanas's "break the cycle" nonsense. And if she succeeds, there would be nothing left for the Void lords to manipulate. Doesn't seem like they care much to erase existence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But with hindsight now, the Void is clearly warning Alleria here about Sylvanas's plan with the Jailer.

Which fits in line with Sylvanas's "break the cycle" nonsense. And if she succeeds, there would be nothing left for the Void lords to manipulate. Doesn't seem like they care much to erase existence.
    Their fear might be that if all reality becomes united (life and death, or if all life dies) then it will pose a true threat to the Void?

In Chronicle, at least, it was painted as the Void existing outside of reality and wanting to consume reality, turning everything into nothing. Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

The Void may know what she's up to, sure - but I don't think it really cares in the same way a living being might, especially since (from the Void's perspective) Sylvanas' ultimate victory both is and isn't possible, as all things are simultaneously true to the Void. Perhaps they are secure in the notion that Zovaal's machinations can't truly reach them (e.g. the Void isn't part of existence in this context), or perhaps the Void is just *that* crazy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Man Vereesa looks hot in that comic. You're all just blind!

Anyway, the way I look at it, The Void views Death as an annoyance, and a hindrance. Why? Death claims, undisputed, everything The Void wants. If The Void is a sentient blackhole, then it wants to consume everything, but Death has beaten The Void to it since the dawn of time. There's no escaping Death, but there is escaping The Void. The Void wants Death out of the way so it can consume everything. The cosmic forces maintain a balance of all existence. The Void and Death have always tried to disrupt that, with The Light most recently throwing its hat into the race after likely becoming tired of playing peacekeeper and has had its agents empowered, taking advantage of their zealotry. Xe'ra was the first.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Hahahahaha yet again I am reminded of that cringe Vereesa line, "stop fighting it was ME who was hurt the most you have no idea how much you hurt me ive been so sad ever since, if only you know how it hurts FeelsBadMan"
    Vareesa deserves to be bullied. xD She's such a baby

Their fear might be that if all reality becomes united (life and death, or if all life dies) then it will pose a true threat to the Void?

In Chronicle, at least, it was painted as the Void existing outside of reality and wanting to consume reality, turning everything into nothing. Maybe I'm misremembering, though.
    I tried looking it up (admittedly with only like, a minute or two of looking) and it doesn't seem to say much about their actual endgame goal, but another poster said that Chronicles mentioned them wanting a "eternal torment" kinda situation.

Wowpedia did mention though "Not all void lords necessarily have the same motives. They may have their own personalities and own goals."
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_lord

Which would also fit. The source is some interview it looks like where they also said not all Naaru have the same motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Void may know what she's up to, sure - but I don't think it really cares in the same way a living being might, especially since (from the Void's perspective) Sylvanas' ultimate victory both is and isn't possible, as all things are simultaneously true to the Void. Perhaps they are secure in the notion that Zovaal's machinations can't truly reach them (e.g. the Void isn't part of existence in this context), or perhaps the Void is just *that* crazy.
    They seem to be pushing the idea that N'zoth wasn't just lying to us in general though, when things like this keep popping up.

Which would be an interesting plot to run with honestly. But it does seem that the "warnings" from the Old Gods do tend to be on the mark, or have some truth laced in them, like the Il'gynoth lines.

Maybe they don't care fully, but I do think they know at least.