Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Realm Connections planned for September 17-18 (NA)

    Realm Connections planned for September 17-18 (NA)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PDT on September 17, the following realm connections will be made:

    • Hydraxis and Terenas will be connected to Drak’thul, Mok’Nathal, Silvermoon, Skywall, Shadowsong, and Borean Tundra.
    • Darrowmere and Windrunner will be connected to Draka and Suramar.
    • Ghostlands and Kael’thas will be connected to Grizzly Hills, Lothar, Malfurion, Trollbane, and Gnomeregan.
    • Black Dragonflight, Gul’dan, and Skullcrusher will be connected to Andorhal, Eonar, Velen, Scilla, and Zuluhed.
    • Exodar and Medivh will be connected to Alleria and Khadgar.

    During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 3:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. AEST on September 18, the following realm connection will be made:

    • Aman’thul will be connected to Dath’Remar and Khaz’goroth.

    We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post a new notification like this one next week.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-09-14 at 11:30 PM.

  2. #2
    There's been a LOT of these connections... I hope one day they just have 1 or 2 megaservers.

  3. #3
    Wow, the bloodbath continues. Wonder how many players are even left.

  4. #4
    I'm really happy to see them going balls deep on this.
    They ignored server pops for too long.
    Hell, the game is a mmo ... and the mm was getting no love.
    Now they just need to give them a mega server name to help it feel more connected and we are off to the races.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,964
    Not particularly happy at receiving even more realm connections since I don't want my home realm to basically be turned into a mega server, or even a "medium-high".

    To be quite honest, I was happy with it just being Malfurion/Trollbane.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I'm really happy to see them going balls deep on this.
    They ignored server pops for too long.
    Hell, the game is a mmo ... and the mm was getting no love.
    Now they just need to give them a mega server name to help it feel more connected and we are off to the races.
    Okay, but what about us that dont want to be on megaservers? Why dont we have a choice? I absolutely despise my server now because it got merged into a megaserver and have started looking for a new one.

    It might be a bridge too far for me at this point. To shore up realm populations they're....driving people away. Great idea blizztard.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Okay, but what about us that dont want to be on megaservers? Why dont we have a choice? I absolutely despise my server now because it got merged into a megaserver and have started looking for a new one.

    It might be a bridge too far for me at this point. To shore up realm populations they're....driving people away. Great idea blizztard.
    Gosh darn blizzard putting the MMO into their MMO... With cross realm you were already playing with all these people. If you're not mythic raiding (which I assume you weren't on a dead server) the only difference is you can now trade with them. The sky is falling!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Gosh darn blizzard putting the MMO into their MMO... With cross realm you were already playing with all these people. If you're not mythic raiding (which I assume you weren't on a dead server) the only difference is you can now trade with them. The sky is falling!!!
    Or, its that I had a smaller community where I could read trade chat instead of having it spammed by gold sellers and boosters constantly. A place I enjoyed and called home, raised 12 120s on without a boost and genuinely wanted to stay there.
    Now im disconnected because what? People who want to mythic raid can theoretically do it. People that are going to transfer to the popular servers all the mythic raiders are on anyway, now they can still not mythic raid here- but they theoretically could. Just like they could before the merger, if hundreds of other raiders transferred here. Which is exactly what it would take to get it started regardless of the merger or not, correct? CRZ means we're not blocked out of any other content. So you're admitting that I was already playing with the people I still will be, and that there was no harm in leaving my realm as it was.

    Thanks for proving my point.

  9. #9
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,187
    Quote Originally Posted by tamraine View Post
    Wow, the bloodbath continues. Wonder how many players are even left.
    They are literally connecting low pop servers.

    Get back to me when the high and full pop ones are merged. Also, BFA quarterly reports throughout say hello.

    I am not even playing atm, but I am fucking allergic to stupidity and my allergies get worse the older I get.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    I'm getting too old to suffer fools. I'll respond to those worthy of a response.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Gosh darn blizzard putting the MMO into their MMO... With cross realm you were already playing with all these people. If you're not mythic raiding (which I assume you weren't on a dead server) the only difference is you can now trade with them. The sky is falling!!!
    These are good and need to happen, but losing trade chat really sucks. It used to be a normal trade chat. Now it's unusable with people selling runs.

  11. #11
    Kind of curious if Blizz updated the definition of Low/Medium/High listings in the background again, as after the last update my server (which didn't not get connected with anyone) went from always being High to Low overnight and ever since. Or they sacrificed a large portion of my server to make room for other servers!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  12. #12
    is there anywhere full list of those connections ?

    i mean all that happened so far and that is updated contantly ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Kind of curious if Blizz updated the definition of Low/Medium/High listings in the background again, as after the last update my server (which didn't not get connected with anyone) went from always being High to Low overnight and ever since. Or they sacrificed a large portion of my server to make room for other servers!
    i remeber some time ago before classic launch blizz confirmed that population shown was in % - they had to change it for classic

    thats why its likely that when there is more and more "clusters" - what was previously incorreckly shown as high is now properly shown as low.

  13. #13
    oh joy...Exodar-Mediev's horde population was already abyssmal so lets add even MORE ALLIANCE...

    yay

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Okay, but what about us that dont want to be on megaservers? Why dont we have a choice?
    I'd wait until they finish the current round of connections and then see who the smallest pop realms are. You'll likely get a few years out of them before Blizz revisits connections again.

    And I get why Blizz does this. The game is designed around the idea of well populated servers, not low pop or single player. So from their side, it makes sense. But coming back to you, there will always be servers that are smaller, so you'll always have an option even if it's a pita to move.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    is there anywhere full list of those connections ?
    Pretty sure this is kept reasonably up to date:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Connected_Realms

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They are literally connecting low pop servers.

    Get back to me when the high and full pop ones are merged. Also, BFA quarterly reports throughout say hello.

    I am not even playing atm, but I am fucking allergic to stupidity and my allergies get worse the older I get.
    They tried to merge Hyjal into Proudmoore and Proudmoore whined for a week.

  16. #16
    I remember when they tried to merge all the RP servers into the same Crossrealm zone. Having Wyrmrest and Moon Guard share Pornshire was hilarious with how much WRA bitched about it. Just remember, it can always be worse.

  17. #17
    Wonder when the hell they're going to merge Hellscream and Aggramar EU with other servers?
    Those two are all but entirely dead.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tamraine View Post
    Wow, the bloodbath continues. Wonder how many players are even left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They are literally connecting low pop servers.

    Get back to me when the high and full pop ones are merged. Also, BFA quarterly reports throughout say hello.

    I am not even playing atm, but I am fucking allergic to stupidity and my allergies get worse the older I get.
    Incredible, the amount of irony in a single post is beyond "stupid".

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Or, its that I had a smaller community where I could read trade chat instead of having it spammed by gold sellers and boosters constantly. A place I enjoyed and called home, raised 12 120s on without a boost and genuinely wanted to stay there.
    Now im disconnected because what? People who want to mythic raid can theoretically do it. People that are going to transfer to the popular servers all the mythic raiders are on anyway, now they can still not mythic raid here- but they theoretically could. Just like they could before the merger, if hundreds of other raiders transferred here. Which is exactly what it would take to get it started regardless of the merger or not, correct? CRZ means we're not blocked out of any other content. So you're admitting that I was already playing with the people I still will be, and that there was no harm in leaving my realm as it was.

    Thanks for proving my point.
    You're argument appears to be "I don't care if others have parts of the game that are inaccessible, I don't like trade chat..." Okay Veruca...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Incredible, the amount of irony in a single post is beyond "stupid".
    It's like they think other players should just remain in stasis on a dead realm until they maybe decide to play the game.
    Last edited by iperson; 2020-09-12 at 07:55 PM.

  20. #20
    Here's my thing: Connecting realms is not bad. My realm would have probably experienced a slight boost from connecting with another low-medium pop realm.

    But why we had to connect with FIVE? At once? Its overkill. We went from low pop to ultra-mega-high pop overnight. Talk about a jarring shift.

    I get that you all have meme arguments about "lol is an MMO" but you've always been able to decide where to pick your home, how crowded you wanted that place to be, whether you wanted to play a more competitive or casual game based on server choice and whatever else. That has been a large part of our identity since classic. When you meet someone else who plays IRL what are the first things you ask? "What faction are you? What realm?"

    I appeal to you to at least see this part of it: Some people werent upset by the GCD change in BFA. The removal of reforging. The idea of not pulling the ripcord. The simplication of stats and streamlining of gear. All things a lot of players hate. But not everyone did. So does that mean your argument is invalid because "lol its just gear" "Pressing your buttons at the right time is a measure of player skill even if it slows down the pace" "Why would you want to spend all that time to itemize for .1% dps gain" and other reductive, largely false nonsense? Just because this isnt important to you does NOT mean that it is something you should mock others who are hurt by it for being upset about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •