Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    I had to turn Doom Eternal down to "Too Young to Die" to fight the final boss and I'm satisfied. I've been stuck on the fight for probably a week or two now, and on the game as a whole for nearly three months, and I just wanted to be done. Even on TYTD it was still pretty intense, though.

    In general, is there any shame in playing games on easy? Maybe it was just because Eternal was so mentally exhausting and (literally) headache-inducing to me that I finally needed to dial it down a little- 99% of the time I just play games on normal and they aren't nearly as intense.
    wait. even when i ofc understand your question and your intension, are you really asking ppl, if you are somewhat „allowed“ to enjoy easy gaming ???

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That is the thing: The Soulsborne games are multiplayer games. There wouldn't be many drawbacks if the games were single-player titles. The issue is that they're not, they're multiplayer games.

    You choosing to not engage in multiplayer doesn't mean it doesn't exist and isn't a significant aspect of the game, when literally over half of the Covenants in DS1, 2, and 3, are designed around multiplayer.
    You know how multiplayer games have different pools of players? Group together Easy with Easy, Medium with Medium, Hard with Hard.

  3. #123
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,391
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    But rather than make any actual argument you decide to just slap a label on me and dismiss my arguments because "I'm one of those People". If you're not willing to follow through and support your argument, why make it in the first place?
    Because I wasn't making an argument. I was making a statement. I literally don't give a fuck about what other People think when it comes to an opposite stance on this topic. Anyone against People being able to enjoy Games at a level of their own choice are not worth talking to.

  4. #124
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    You know how multiplayer games have different pools of players? Group together Easy with Easy, Medium with Medium, Hard with Hard.
    Yes, however those games also have conflicts that arise from the separate difficulties existing. An easy example is the amount of shit that the community gets into in WoW when it comes to arguments over difficulties. Introducing multiple difficulties divides the community and provides additional points for conflict within the community.

    I think that it is fine that some people like that, but I also don't think it is necessary that be put into every game because then there is no way to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  5. #125
    I thinks thats totally ok. I usually start on normal but if i die 2 or 3 times on a boss i usually switch to easy or use cheatEngine or something. I have no time or patience to spend hours on a stupid boss fight.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yes, however those games also have conflicts that arise from the separate difficulties existing. An easy example is the amount of shit that the community gets into in WoW when it comes to arguments over difficulties. Introducing multiple difficulties divides the community and provides additional points for conflict within the community.

    I think that it is fine that some people like that, but I also don't think it is necessary that be put into every game because then there is no way to avoid it.
    I have a solution to that. Stop carrying about how other people are playing and the conflict is removed.

  7. #127
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I have a solution to that. Stop carrying about how other people are playing and the conflict is removed.
    Except it isn't a solution, because those other people are then playing with me, so how they play then has a direct impact upon my game experience. The conflict cannot be removed unless you do something drastic like locking difficulty at character creation, and locking matchmaking to only match you with players in the same difficulty setting.

    This would introduce multiple problems for the Souls series on multiple levels. The most obvious of which is high-skill players making characters on a low difficulty setting, and griefing them.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-09-14 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Except it isn't a solution, because those other people are then playing with me, so how they play then has a direct impact upon my game experience.
    Not, if as was suggested, people are grouped with like players in multiplayer settings.

  9. #129
    Games with a good story but frustrating combat ill drop to easy, i got tokyo mirage on my switch and it gets frustrating asf in some parts.

  10. #130
    I don't care what difficulty other people play their games on, but don't say that adding a slider doesn't have any negative repercussions. That's not true, the existence of a slider has literally been the reason that I've not purchased games in the past. I think it's very hypocritical to call players out that want a 'one difficulty' game-play experience selfish when it's that experience that makes them purchase the game in the first place. Saying 'But you can just pick hard or easy' is irrelevant - I don't want the choice.

    Sometimes it's nice to have the option, other times I just don't think it works. Having the freedom to make enemies as easy or hard as I want them to be at any moment truly just takes me out of the experience.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I don't care what difficulty other people play their games on, but don't say that adding a slider doesn't have any negative repercussions. That's not true, the existence of a slider has literally been the reason that I've not purchased games in the past. I think it's very hypocritical to call players out that want a 'one difficulty' game-play experience selfish when it's that experience that makes them purchase the game in the first place. Saying 'But you can just pick hard or easy' is irrelevant - I don't want the choice.

    Sometimes it's nice to have the option, other times I just don't think it works. Having the freedom to make enemies as easy or hard as I want them to be at any moment truly just takes me out of the experience.
    Then don't make the choice. Play on the default difficulty and don't change it.

  12. #132
    I normally play on medium or hard. Some games have a hard difficulty that is just excessively hard to the point of not being fun so in that case I'll normally go with medium (talking about games that just turn enemies into bullet/sword/whatever sponges). There's no shame in playing on an easier difficulty though.

  13. #133
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Then don't make the choice. Play on the default difficulty and don't change it.
    So for every game that forces you to pick a difficulty when starting, they just shouldn't play? Because most games that offer multiple difficulty levels also require you to choose a difficulty when starting a game. The very fact that other options exist turns it into a choice, even if you stick with the default you still are making a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Then don't make the choice. Play on the default difficulty and don't change it.
    You're missing my point. It's not about making a choice, it's about the existence of one.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So for every game that forces you to pick a difficulty when starting, they just shouldn't play? Because most games that offer multiple difficulty levels also require you to choose a difficulty when starting a game. The very fact that other options exist turns it into a choice, even if you stick with the default you still are making a choice.
    That isn't what i said. I said they should just play on the default difficulty...which would be, in most cases, "normal".

  16. #136
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That isn't what i said. I said they should just play on the default difficulty...which would be, in most cases, "normal".
    And that is still a choice because, as I already pointed out, most games that offer multiple difficulty settings require you to select a difficulty when starting a game. Choosing default is still a choice, no matter how much you want to pretend it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    You're missing my point. It's not about making a choice, it's about the existence of one.
    No, i get your point. My point is that "Normal" difficulty exists for that reason. Just act as though the other choices do not exist and that's the experience you shall have.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope, Gaming is a hobby and is meant to be enjoyed. If you enjoy playing a game on easy mode than go for it. IMO games should always provide a easy mode.

    I'm currently playing Doom 2016 on Ultra Violence and about to move over to Eternal.

    Play however you want as long as your enjoying yourself.


    (Clearly don't cheat in Multiplayer games)
    Just a small tip about doom,there is a difference between 2016 and eternal on difficulty ^^ if you are going for full hardmode be ready :P dont try hardcore (death= game over ) on your 1st run though ^^

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    And that is still a choice because, as I already pointed out, most games that offer multiple difficulty settings require you to select a difficulty when starting a game.
    But you're "choosing" the default experience...the other options do not matter.

  20. #140
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    But you're "choosing" the default experience...the other options do not matter.
    They exist, a choice is being made, pretending that isn't the case is nothing more than lying to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •