Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Light Patch or Expansion Confirmed?

Our resident 'Pandora's Box' opener @Marlamin shared this on Twitter.

So, thoughts?

Or it's just an icon for a light coloured nether whelp.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hints for next expac are usually put in last PTR before reveal. I wouldn't really look for this stuff now.

That said, Light vs Void vs We+Azeroth is (imo) most likely candidate for next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a strong link between Light and Revendreth, there is Naaru too. I imagine it's not there just as a light bulb replacement.

Us getting some sort of Light themed expansion or at least patch, is a given. In between Yrel, Xera and what not - they are setting up grounds for the eventual cray cray Light fight.

I just wonder if this will be before or after Void Lords. It would make more sense to be after, but they might do before in part.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-12 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that is the tooltip for an icon, and as such it can't really be used to extrapolate an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool... new dragon whelp pet confirmed! Thanks OP! Great job!

Let's go down this rabbit hole for a moment.

Dragon whelp, okay, makes sense, we get plenty of those in different expacs.

Outland2 - Is this what the alternate draenor content looks like when extracted in the same way? Is it labeled outland2? Is it Draenor in the same place instead? Similarly, is the stuff for other expacs usually named like that with creature/expansion/description? We need to know more about how files are named to understand why this is significant.

Light - I don't feel like this is pointing at a light patch/expansion unless we can confirm other assets are named similarly, like is there a facelessbfa_nyalotha.blp file out there for a faceless icon in the last patch of BFA? You see what I'm getting at?

Again, it's 1) too soon to tell unless they're tinkering with stuff (possible, but improbable) and 2) we don't know well enough how those files are designated/named to confirm the possibility (or if we do, can we get an example of an existing one?). That said, I wholeheartedly believe the developers have taken datamining as a tool to "tease" stuff coming down the pipeline that they can later confirm/deny on a whim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Cool... new dragon whelp pet confirmed! Thanks OP! Great job!
    I could see this. A light-infused whelp pet. Could look pretty cool. I'd actually like the see the dragon equivalent as a mount later.

On that note, no more drake mounts. We're strong enough now. Give us actual dragons to ride Like 2-person, big ol' dragons a'la Alexstraza.

The last we saw of Alternate Draenor was the planet dying so I could see "Outland2" be reference to that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The last we saw of Alternate Draenor was the planet dying so I could see "Outland2" be reference to that.
    There are no dragons on Draenor ^^ a recolour of the Netherwelp from Outlands sounds more likely (maybe as pet for the next WoW birthday?), although that would diminish the TBC Collector's Edition a bit :/

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    There are no dragons on Draenor ^^ a recolour of the Netherwelp from Outlands sounds more likely (maybe as pet for the next WoW birthday?), although that would diminish the TBC Collector's Edition a bit :/
    I know I'm just throwing out ideas. It's weird the Iron Horde never used Proto-drakes since Zaela should have had plenty to give them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Our resident 'Pandora's Box' opener @Marlamin shared this on Twitter.

So, thoughts?
    The words "Outland", "Dragon Whelp" and "Light" makes me think about Dark Portal being reopened into AU Draenor that became Outland too, but not because of Fel, but because of Light.

Generally there are many things pointing at potential Light or Void vs Light expansion. Yrel and her army build up, Scarlet Order build up, Army of the Light, Turalyon and Alleria build up seems to find continuation in 10.0, with Anduin, Arthas, Uther, Death stuff in Shadowlands potentially bring more of the Light/Void plots into 10.0.

Im more excited about it than about Shadowlands, honestly.

The "light" being seperate from the rest makes me think it's an attribute of the icon, not the whelp.

Yrel's Holy Crusade

Journey to K'aresh
    Level to 70
    Defeat The Void Lords
    Eye of the Storm becomes a contested PVP zone in the race to face The Void Lords
    New Allied Races: Ethereals & Ascended Arakkoa for Alliance. Mok'nathal & Saberon for The Horde. More to be added later.
    New Class: Necromancer
    Final Boss: Yrel

"Welcome to The Void."

Coming 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The "light" being seperate from the rest makes me think it's an attribute of the icon, not the whelp.
    Yeah, for what it's worth, I think Nathreza and Outland 2.0 are probable candidates for this expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    I personally would not hold high hopes up for Yrel to have any sort of importance when it comes to future expansions. I'd bet on Turalyon to be somewhat converted into what Scarlet Crusade used to be and so on, rather than them re-using Yrel and her crusade to extend that point. She was more of a cannon fodder to have Mag'har Orcs join with the Horde, rather than holding any significance for the future. If I remember correctly, after we get Mag'har Orcs back to our world, the rift is closed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    I personally would not hold high hopes up for Yrel to have any sort of importance when it comes to future expansions. I'd bet on Turalyon to be somewhat converted into what Scarlet Crusade used to be and so on, rather than them re-using Yrel and her crusade to extend that point. She was more of a cannon fodder to have Mag'har Orcs join with the Horde, rather than holding any significance for the future. If I remember correctly, after we get Mag'har Orcs back to our world, the rift is closed?
    I think you underestimate all these tips Blizzard is spreading around.

In between that Yrel thing and Xera, you can bet there will be a fanatical Light patch at the very least, if not expansion. Closed portals can always be reopened... heck we had Dark Portal opening 3 times and counting.

Just a store pet or some crap. Its a encrypted pet according to wowhead

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outland revamp expansion confirmed. </s>

There's not enough to go off of in that name to say for sure on anything.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yrel's Holy Crusade

Journey to K'aresh
    Level to 70
    Defeat The Void Lords
    Eye of the Storm becomes a contested PVP zone in the race to face The Void Lords
    New Allied Races: Ethereals & Ascended Arakkoa for Alliance. Mok'nathal & Saberon for The Horde. More to be added later.
    New Class: Necromancer
    Final Boss: Yrel

"Welcome to The Void."

Coming 2023.
    "Draenor--sorry, I mean the Void is free."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

How do none of you have the brain cells to realise it's obviously linked to a Classic-TBC marketing / event.