Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just wait.
    Should Biden win, he'll show himself in lockstep support with police unions, all the while saying differently, and either there will be outrage over his actions, or others will eat his words up.
    I don't know what you are talking about the only people that are talking about Biden like he is some far leftist are the right. His record speaks for itself Biden will run it like a republican back before they went bat shit crazy. This election isn't really about Biden it's anyone but Trump because even the most republican candidate is better than him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Wrong. Critique away. Just don’t be a concern troll at every given opportunity. Your game is up. Everyone knows what you’re about. Own it and move on. Because you’re childish and unlikeable.
    Do you think I would bother posting if I cared about being likeable?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Do you think I would bother posting if I cared about being likeable?
    I post and I prefer being liked. That said, I’ll still be honest and forthright about my opinion. I won’t be an insufferable dick about it, unlike you. Anyway, you’re on ignore now. You’re extremely tedious. See you. Good luck wasting your right to vote.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-13 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about the only people that are talking about Biden like he is some far leftist are the right
    I'm not saying that's how it is now.

To go off on a more positive tangent; do you recall the exact reason why Obama came out in support of the LGBT speil? For the longest time he declined open support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you are talking about the only people that are talking about Biden like he is some far leftist are the right. His record speaks for itself Biden will run it like a republican back before they went bat shit crazy. This election isn't really about Biden it's anyone but Trump because even the most republican candidate is better than him.
    Whoa now if you say Biden isn't a leftist and that Republicans only say it to cause chaos you might end up an inbox full of hate mail.

But Shadow is basically saying Biden isn't one so don't be surprised when Biden goes because to his moderate/diet conservative ways should Biden win. And then people will sort of forget that the last 3 months of calling for police even happened.

Whoa now if you say Biden isn't a leftist and that Republicans only say it to cause chaos you might end up an inbox full of hate mail.

But Shadow is basically saying Biden isn't one so don't be surprised when Biden goes because to his moderate/diet conservative ways should Biden win. And then people will sort of forget that the last 3 months of calling for police even happened.
    I would hope no one paying attention would be surprised. Won't have gestapo though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I would hope no one paying attention would be surprised. Won't have gestapo though.
    Definitely better than a leader who encourages police to 'rough' up suspects. I have my issues but Biden wouldn't allow police to gas protesters.

I think this is the theme of the Biden campaign for progressives

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm not saying that's how it is now.

To go off on a more positive tangent; do you recall the exact reason why Obama came out in support of the LGBT speil? For the longest time he declined open support.
    Think the narrative now is that Biden forced his hand not sure if that is the real story I don't recall. I got turned off by the entire Obama administration after the first two years of sucking up to Wall Street instead of holding them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    I'm not even surprised that the centre-right liberals of MMO-C would hate on any party left of center, anything that does not conform to the democratic is pure evil.
    Yeah, or maybe supporting the closest major party to you that has a chance of winning while working to change them from the inside is a better solution than feeling good about yourself.

There's a reason that Conservatives/Republicans help fund the Green Party- it's because a stronger Green Party helps the Republicans.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think his former name was communismwillwin, hope that clears that up.
    Yeah if that's the case, the just a nothing is left enough, so I'll just bitch about everything.

What's up with these shitposters changing their names with shitty reputations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Yeah if that's the case, the just a nothing is left enough, so I'll just bitch about everything.

Moreover, they're not even from the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is the theme of the Biden campaign for progressives
    The theme of the Biden campaign for progressives should be "This is the candidate that will ensure a functioning democracy in the future to ensure that progressive policies can actually be pursued"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I find it funny. When a third party jumps in and may hurt republicans. Republicans scream rules and Democrats scream, It their right. When it happens the other way, Democrats scream and Republican say its their right. For how different the 2 sides are, they act very similar in these situations.

I would point out that its not an issue. If people aren't sent an absentee ballot, they can vote early or on election day. Per the doctors, using the current measures, it is safe to do so.

Now if they mark the people as voting absentee and they do not get the ballots, so they get blocked at the polling stations, I would agree that we have a major issue with vote blocking at that point.

Think the narrative now is that Biden forced his hand not sure if that is the real story I don't recall. I got turned off by the entire Obama administration after the first two years of sucking up to Wall Street instead of holding them accountable.
    Ya..Biden gaffed during a weekend, and spouted support. The rumor afterwards was Obama was extremely displeased since he was backed in a corner. (It also took a political chip off the table.)
    Still, to be fair, Obama took the more graceful face and openly supported Biden's words. (One of the few moments I kinda felt a little pride.)

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I find it funny. When a third party jumps in and may hurt republicans. Republicans scream rules and Democrats scream, It their right. When it happens the other way, Democrats scream and Republican say its their right. For how different the 2 sides are, they act very similar in these situations.

I would point out that its not an issue. If people aren't sent an absentee ballot, they can vote early or on election day. Per the doctors, using the current measures, it is safe to do so.

Now if they mark the people as voting absentee and they do not get the ballots, so they get blocked at the polling stations, I would agree that we have a major issue with vote blocking at that point.
    I am sorry but you must be living in an alternate reality or in a coma even without pandemic voting at polls are a nightmare thanks to republicans cutting polling stations among other disenfranchising activities. In Florida for example every major election cycle you have people waiting in line for hours to vote and that now the pandemic has created even more shortage in staffing and polling stations.

Bit early to be drafting excuses for if Biden loses, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Because they understand how the game works. This is why GOP groups help fund the Green Party.

That said, I’m not sure how much it really makes a difference: lots of people that are committed enough to voting third party wouldn’t choose one of the major parties in the absence of the third party- they just wouldn’t vote.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-09-13 at 04:19 AM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Trump is certainly trying to fuck over dems with the USPS issues, but I'm not sure that this particular cheat is going to help. It very well could screw republicans out of votes in equal measure despite them attempting to target dems.

It also causes a few other issues. Some people (like me) who normally vote by mail will vote in person. Some voters who might have voted for Trump, but aren't the brainwashed conspiracy nuts, could be harmed by slow/late mail (like with prescriptions) and switch to Biden. It's also one more thing to excite the dem base and could potentially help get more people to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump is certainly trying to fuck over dems with the USPS issues, but I'm not sure that this particular cheat is going to help. It very well could screw republicans out of votes in equal measure despite them attempting to target dems.

It also causes a few other issues. Some people (like me) who normally vote by mail will vote in person. Some voters who might have voted for Trump, but aren't the brainwashed conspiracy nuts, could be harmed by slow/late mail (like with prescriptions) and switch to Biden. It's also one more thing to excite the dem base and could potentially help get more people to vote.
    Part of the issue, unfortunately, stems from the fact that more democrats are much more likely to want to vote from home out of fear of coronavirus, whereas more republicans, following the previous months of Trump's dismissal and downplaying of the virus, are willing to vote in person.

This discrepancy doesn't need to be huge; just enough to offset the vote in a few battleground states. Moreover, if there is a discrepancy in the result of in-person voting tallied on election day and a trickle-in of mail-in votes that are delivered afterwards (which still 100% count so long as the votes were cast on or before election day; it is up to each state when they actually stop tallying the votes and does not need to be done on election day itself), it starts to become shades of the 2000 presidential election wherein the decision is handed over to the (republican-aligned) supreme court who may simply decide (especially if they find that a large number of mail-in ballots were indeed discarded or not counted) that the votes tallied specifically on election day are the final answer, a decision that might favor Trump, following the aforementioned logic that Republican voters are more likely to vote in person and not be subject to USPS delays or ballot destruction.

Man, just think... we wouldn't have to have dealt with any of this if Hillary had been president. But, something something, emails... Can you just imagine how peaceful and uneventful the previous four years would have been?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-13 at 06:52 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Bit early to be drafting excuses for if Biden loses, isn't it?
    I don't know, Trump has been making excuses for that since the beginning of the year and changes it to the next thing that Dems are "cheating at" when even his zealots get tired of it and/or enough info has come out over how much he's lying about it. Immigrants, illegal voting, voting by mail, double voting, the media, and more which then leads him to then try and get the upper hand with wanting to send people to "protect" voting booths, slow down USPS, and more.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post

Just wanted to change it to a great american hero, but I already know opposing conservative politicions like Clinton/Biden/McCain gives anybody here a 'shitty' rep. Which is only funny to me. Liberals and conservatives have a more negative view of the left than they do of the far right(i.e McCain and Bush).

This is probably the most right-wing forum I post on.

- - - Updated - - -

Bush has still caused a lot more damage than Trump, thinking anything would be different any other far right politicion is naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Bush has still caused a lot more damage than Trump, thinking anything would be different any other far right politicion is naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I post and I prefer being liked. That said, I’ll still be honest and forthright about my opinion. I won’t be an insufferable dick about it, unlike you. Anyway, you’re on ignore now. You’re extremely tedious. See you. Good luck wasting your right to vote.
    In your eyes, being insufferable means not supporting the democrats. I know enough.