Thread: Classic-BC

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Classic-BC

So I originally thought that Classic was going to be a Evergreen version of Classic forever. There was never going to be a BC or Wrath, and so on.

However, for awhile now I’ve heard people talking about Classic BC and WOWhead has data mined a model of a Outland dragon pet.

So have I always been wrong or did they change their position on Classic? Is Classic simply starting over and marching forward just like retail just 15 years behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So I originally thought that Classic was going to be a Evergreen version of Classic forever. There was never going to be a BC or Wrath, and so on.

However, for awhile now I’ve heard people talking about Classic BC and WOWhead has data mined a model of a Outland dragon pet.

So have I always been wrong or did they change their position on Classic? Is Classic simply starting over and marching forward just like retail just 15 years behind.
    No one knows, no one can answer your question.

Nothing official has been announced yet, not even plans for TBC-Classic, let alone details on how they'd handle the Classic games series going forward. Quite a few people are hoping for this though.

It'll be the end of classic for me at least if a BC announcement rolls out. Half my guild is gonna move there and my interest in classic was specifically that we WOULDN'T be getting these expansion re-releases and power resets that negate the progress so far.
    If they go ahead with that they precisely take away the unchanging predictable world I enjoy playing in and the community I enjoy playing with, so I'll likely just finally throw in the towel and unsub. Plenty of other things to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizz mentioned the possibility of BC servers a good while ago, and even sent out surveys asking players how we would prefer they be implemented. So they are almost certainly going to pull the trigger on that.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311753/...nt-by-blizzard

And in case anyone is thinking 'its just a survey' I'll kindly remind them that the last thing they sent out a survey about was a level squish.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-09-13 at 04:23 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly put, we don't know. There's three options here really.

1. All this speculation is for nothing and there is no BC Classic.

2. They do replace Classic with BC.

3. They run Classic and BC side-by-side.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

they had a survey about how to deal with characters\realms for TBC. New servers, keep the servers, premade chars, keep the chars, etc.

That pretty much implies TBC is gonna release.

I'm pretty sure Classic has been more than popular enough to justify the developer resources on it, and presumably BC as well.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    they had a survey about how to deal with characters\realms for TBC. New servers, keep the servers, premade chars, keep the chars, etc.

That pretty much implies TBC is gonna release.
    Yeaaa cant wait for TBC!

I'd be very surprised if they forced all Classic players to progress into TBC.

Likeliest scenario is that they have X amount of servers remain in Classic, based on player populations, whilst others progress. Maybe free server transfers for those currently playing on a TBC-to-be server. Or they just bite the bullet and create entirely new TBC servers.

If they forced progression from Classic to TBC across the board, they'd be forced to open up new Classic servers down the line anyways. Imagine the backlash.

I think the most likely outcome is they release TBC classic on new servers, then they offer people a free character move to those servers or they allow people to create new level 58 characters. This has a couple benefits, one is it would allow people who didn't play classic to not feel incredibly far behind those who did, and potentially more importantly people who enjoy classic could make a new 58 and not need to transfer their current character, so they could play both games if they desire. Which I think some people would be interested in.

Then they just merge the classic servers based on population, and everybody wins. Classic servers stay healthy, classic players who are excited for TBC can transfer their character and play it or make a boosted 58 if they wanna play both games, and new players can play new level 58 characters so they aren't super far behind.

Of course, Blizzard hasn't announced anything, it just seems like of all the options that one makes the most sense. Though Blizzard rarely makes sense, so perhaps they'll do something totally different.

At this point we shouldn't be discussing if TBC will happen but when and how.

Of course they will release TBC, and in a distant future, WotlK. They are just thinking how are they gonna charge us for that. Probably $20 to transfer over your classic characters over the next expansion.

Honestly don’t think I’d play a tbc server, can see the appeal though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely postive there will be a burning crusade classic cause if you notice in the game some of that expansions are there ready for onc eit is booted in you can clearly see north of the map when you press m key the isle of queldanas is there also you can see in plaguelands the entrance to the ghostlands which is blocked by a giant sized tree so yeah it is likely gonna happen.. now as for a wrath of lick king classic that too will happen to cause the scourge is what eventually led to that expansion.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Most likely scenarios:

1. Existing realms simply turn into Classic TBC realms with pre-patch and everything, at the same time brand new Classic Vanilla realms will open for those who want to do it again.

2. Classic Vanilla realms stay as they are and new Classic TBC realms are opened at the time of pre-patch.

3. New realms for both Classic TBC and Vanilla will open in order to get healthy realms for both, character transfers won’t be available for Classic Vanilla characters to new Classic Vanilla realms (for obvious reasons and character transfers to Classic TBC realms will have limitations/restrictions (like gold)- again, for obvious reasons.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

This was never explicitly stated nor implied.

The most likely scenario would be that they would open additional servers for future expansions if implemented. When released, you may get the option to carry over characters from the classic server, or you may have to reroll from scratch, but regardless, the likely outcome either way would be that CURRENT classic servers stay classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to preserve Classic as something close to vanilla--I don't know that they want to do that forever but let's assume they do--then BC will need to be something like a standalone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic needs some kind of optional seasonality system I guess.
    I'm sure classic BC and LK will happen as they are the most popular old expansions and rightfully so. They would cash in millions of $, they would be stupid not to do it.

There will be most certainly some sort of evergreen Classic servers, whether it will be the current Classic servers or ones you have to transfer / copy your characters to is the better question.

At the end of the day, if they force every server to a TBC upgrade without any "Classic option", Blizzard will literally repeat the history that led to the creation of Classic servers in the first place.