Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    yep that is true Was the last nail in the coffin for Intel besides high end-gaming. We'll, maybe that changes soon with 11th gen mobile.
    It's not. There's not a single gaming laptop on AMD that exists, probably because AMD doesnt like to pair the CPUs with Nvidia GPUs and they dont have any modern discreet GPUs themselves.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's not. There's not a single gaming laptop on AMD that exists, probably because AMD doesnt like to pair the CPUs with Nvidia GPUs and they dont have any modern discreet GPUs themselves.
    We'll thats true...I just like to...well hope, its cause "AMD herp derp bad"-meme, so they don't wanna make top-models aka 2060/2070/2080. We'll see if that changes, but Intels 11th gen is looking very good, so maybe AMD will not hold the crown for long.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll thats true...I just like to...well hope, its cause "AMD herp derp bad"-meme, so they don't wanna make top-models aka 2060/2070/2080. We'll see if that changes, but Intels 11th gen is looking very good, so maybe AMD will not hold the crown for long.
    Nah, it's either because Nvidia has some agreement with Intel for laptops or because AMD doesnt want to pair their CPUs with Nvidia GPUs. I dont think anyone is necessarily buying into the whole AMD-bad meme in the laptop segment, but AMD had A LOT of issues in laptops ever since they came into the space that they need to address. Main one being the durability concerns caused by die-substrate separation on all of their previous APUs and GPUs.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Ryzen seems to have stepped up, i built a new pc 2yrs back with an i5-7600k and still regret not waiting and just getting a ryzen 7 or 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Ryzen 8c/16t + RTX 2060 doesn't count?
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2020-09-18 at 09:02 AM.