Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Here it is
    Ah, so it wasn't even a proper cinematic. Seems that my memory plays tricks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Funny how wrong this statement is in the real world.
    xD Of course nowadays a long beard just means "hobo" . In many cultures a full beard used to indicate wisdom, live experience and social standing. It's also very prevalent in religions across the world, scholars and religious figures traditionally wore beards

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That is what I was thinking and the anima gave him new youth.
    Yeah. I think it is either him after being rejuvenated by the reassigned anima or his former self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That’s my guess too, I’m assuming that appearance is saved for when we get to see the past version of the maw.

Well I hope we do.
    I certainly hope so because that'd be a very interesting.

We still need to find out how he ended up in the Maw, why he nor anything else could leave the Maw and if he indeed deteriorated, who put him in there to be drained and slowly deteriorate except when fed the most irredeemable souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah. I think it is either him after being rejuvenated by the reassigned anima or his former self.

- - - Updated - - -

I certainly hope so because that'd be a very interesting.

We still need to find out how he ended up in the Maw, why he nor anything else could leave the Maw and if he indeed deteriorated, who put him in there to be drained and slowly deteriorate except when fed the most irredeemable souls.
    Or they made a lore change at the 10th hour to fit with where the writers were taking it which does happen in production too. I hope to some day get a real non PR answer. They can be transparent about it I will be fine lol.

Looks like a coomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    He actually has the same amount of armour his model in game has on just this image is tilted plus he has the same exact scars. What IS different is in this CGI image he has almost Orc like tusks while his model doesn't.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=312337/...ewer:1:94375:0

Edit: I paused his model while talking and he does have some fangs at least but not this protruding.
    No he has not.

all the things around his face he does not have with your linked model. like the metal on his chin.
    Also the white under his armor looks like his skin but is missing the tattoo's.

Evil-looking Santa Claus = Jailer as he was in his natural state.

Balding, God of War meets Mal'ganis looking mf'er = Eviler power trip Jailer after sucking Death juice and sending Shadowlands out of balance.

Either way, I can't wait for my Death Knight to stand over him and loot his pants.

Or they made a lore change at the 10th hour to fit with where the writers were taking it which does happen in production too. I hope to some day get a real non PR answer. They can be transparent about it I will be fine lol.
    Yeah, that's highly possible too. I'll hope it isn't and that what we talked about here ends up being true to some extent. That concept art definitely deserves to be a canon addition of the game's media.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Looks like a coomer.
    Omg you are so fucking right. Can't unsee lmao

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Omg you are so fucking right. Can't unsee lmao
    I’m scared to google the word coomer

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    more like this

someone should do it with the repaired new model wowhead datamined sometime ago tho

Edit: also, the armour Arthas wore is definitely his old death knight armor. the armour ner'zhul was bound to looks completely different (apart from the overall "death"-theme)

and honestly, looking at it, this looks 100% similar to the jailer, including the chains and all. plus that little round chest piece, looks like a perfect fit to cover the the hole in the jailers chest
    Now, do him with full armor on, please.

I think that the entire armor was meant to be worn by the Jailer, not just the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne.

Who here thinks that a retcon is coming, saying that the Dark Lord that whispered to Arthas is not actually Nerz'hul, but rather the Jailer:

Damn... looking at the little box on the down-left side of the screen, Reforged Mal'ganis does look like the CGI Jailer. Look at the nose shape, the sunken eyes, the wrinkles and the bald head.

It might not mean that's him, but definitely a connection to the Dreadlords. Maybe they weren't sired by Denathrius, as "Enemy Infiltration - Preface" implies, but rather by the Jailer himself.

He looks like a cross between King Triton, from The Little Mermaid, and the Ice King from Adventure Time:

Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-15 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a fugly orc from ESO.

The original jailer pic looks a billion times better and COOLER.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    No he has not.

all the things around his face he does not have with your linked model. like the metal on his chin.
    Also the white under his armor looks like his skin but is missing the tattoo's.
    Check his model again, he has the metal on this chin plus a big scar running from the top of his lips to his chin. In the CGI picture it looks like the tattoos on his shoulders aren't glowing.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...er#modelviewer
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch this just be an incredibly elaborate troll.

That is the confirmed OG look for him which leaked and then mysteriously it was different.
    Blizzard has already stated multiple times, the reason Zovaal was kept in shadow was because they hadn't settled on a final design for him yet. There was like 3-4 they were deciding on, but they wanted to get the teaser out there. That "leaked" image is real, but was just one of the concept pieces. It's incredibly stupid to suggest that Blizzard spent time and resources to create a brand new design for Zovaal, all because of a leak. It's really not that important for them to actually do that.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Check his model again, he has the metal on this chin plus a big scar running from the top of his lips to his chin. In the CGI picture it looks like the tattoos on his shoulders aren't glowing.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...er#modelviewer
    ahhh i stand correct. Hard to see. Yeah his tattoo's are not glowing. also has no damage to his chine/mouth/nose area.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Watch this just be an incredibly elaborate troll.

Blizzard has already stated multiple times, the reason Zovaal was kept in shadow was because they hadn't settled on a final design for him yet. There was like 3-4 they were deciding on, but they wanted to get the teaser out there. That "leaked" image is real, but was just one of the concept pieces. It's incredibly stupid to suggest that Blizzard spent time and resources to create a brand new design for Zovaal, all because of a leak. It's really not that important for them to actually do that.
    It is if he is connected to the Nethrezim (he definitely is) which is more than enough reason to redesign him.

They definitely changed him to look Nethrazim for lore reasons too, it is too much of a coincidence.
    Yeah I think this is the case. Even if he isn't a known Nathrezim, he cleary is Nathrezim-like and will have to do with Mal'Ganis, Varimathras & Co. one way or another. It's pretty much inevitable at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Everyone thought it was aman'thul tho
    I mean it was a concept art. I agree that he looked like Aman'thul and like skinny Santa, but they could have done something with him. This new model doesn't look bad per se, it's just super boring and unimaginative. As I said, every Vampire villain from the last 10 years looked like that. It just is nothing special.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I personally think it's a unique design for WoW though

Classic had a Lich
    BC had an Eredar
    Wrath had Arthas
    Cata had a dragon
    MoP had old god racist orc man
    WoD had a big ass draenei
    Legion had titan and big beardy devil guy
    BFA had tentacles and evil octupus man
    Shadowlands has vampire bald man
    bc - eredar
    wod - big ass draenei
    ahahah big facts, archis WoD model was so cheap and obviously last-minute-made, it still kicks me
    imagine bringing the beloved and well-known main-villain from WC3 back and then give him nothing more than a recoloured dranei model wearing glowing armour (that they even re-used for random eredar in legion lmao)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    bc - eredar
    wod - big ass draenei
    ahahah big facts, archis WoD model was so cheap and obviously last-minute-made, it still kicks me
    imagine bringing the beloved and well-known main-villain from WC3 back and then give him nothing more than a recoloured dranei model wearing glowing armour (that they even re-used for random eredar in legion lmao)
    What else are they supposed to do with Archimonde's model? It's exactly how he looked in WC3 and TBC, just HD. Kil'Jaedens model is also exactly the same as WC3 and TBC except you see his full body.