Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Actually no, he sat at around 105-110 when we played last.
    We discussed this very "issue".
    yeah i don't believe it...

If you are testing with a small pool of people they better be in the same place. You could argue for doubling the amount of people testing but they prolly have their metrics that giving out beta access to everyone makes less people actually play as well.

Random sample from NA players is the same as sample from EU. If anything, they would do separate Beta for China, since probably their mentality and goals could be different enough to bring unique feedback.

If we ignore Blizzard PR and expac promotion side goal for Beta (we can't obviously), they could even don't invite EU players at all. But it also gives them rare chance to simulate experience of people with shitty internet connection ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    yeah i don't believe it...
    Ok then, whatever you say boss. Or you just get a better ISP. Heck, the standard WiFi that comes with my condo in Thailand gives my just over 200. What are you using where you're at, copper wire?

Heck, the standard WiFi that comes with my condo in Thailand gives my just over 200. What are you using where you're at, copper wire?
    i don't think you understand how ping works

Just think about it this way, the NA is working hard beta testing so you have a great xpac
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

At least you're in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    i don't think you understand how ping works
    I would hope I do, I work in the telecommunications industry.

Ok then, whatever you say boss. Or you just get a better ISP. Heck, the standard WiFi that comes with my condo in Thailand gives my just over 200. What are you using where you're at, copper wire?
    lol... changing isp won't do anything... it's the distance from sweden to usa that makes the ping... judging by the ping on the beta servers are likely in western usa... which make it impossible to have 100 ping from sweden...
    Last edited by Raspberry Lemon; 2020-09-16 at 02:48 PM.

Thats why most testers are in the US and China.
    You'll get yours on release if the MS in an issue but lets be real, outside of PvP you'll do fine with 100-150 MS.
    no you dont ???? why you even talk when you have no idea. its literally impossible to play a Caster

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But it also gives them rare chance to simulate experience of people with shitty internet connection ;P.
    shitty internet connection? i have 1 gbps... this doesn't make any difference for ping because ping is due to distance to the servers...

lol... changing isp won't do anything... it's the distance from sweden to usa that makes the ping... judging by the ping on the beta servers are likely in western usa... which make it impossible to have 100 ping from sweden...
    Do you know what else is also located in the Western USA?

Blizzard Campus.

Test servers are located on site on Blizzard facilities which makes it easier for them to push development builds on them on random days and times.

it is a huge issue when you can't even use abilities in a fluid manner... always delay after every ability used...

and no, he doesn't have 100 ms on beta if he lives in sweden...
    Adapt, push your buttons earlier than they appear to be ready. It’ll work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Do you know what also is in the Western USA?

Blizzard Campus.

Test servers are located on site on Blizzard facilities which makes it easier for them to push development builds on them on random days and times.
    they have those in eu too...

Don't worry. It will still be Beta even after launch. You'll get to play Beta on EU servers.

it's almost impossible to test some things due to how clunky it is to play with around 200 ms...
    200 ms?!

I didn't even experience any clunkiness with 60-100 ms.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

they have those in eu too...
    Setting up servers in the EU means they need to coordinate pushing patches with overseas hosting companies. It works fine for live game when interlude between patches is months at minimum. Weekly or even more frequent development builds make that unfeasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    200 ms?!

I didn't even experience any clunkiness with 60-100 ms.
    60 is normal ms to the servers in europe... you don't have that to the beta servers... on draenor i have 54 ms... on beta i have 206...

Probably for legal reasons. EU are many counties with their individual legal systems. Much easier to keep ik in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Adapt, push your buttons earlier than they appear to be ready. It’ll work!
    it doesn't... i miss renewing frenzy due to the delay when barbed shot is just about to go off cooldown towards end of frenzy... among other things... i'm spamming the button just like i do on live but on live it actually renews the frenzy while on beta the delay causes me to miss the small window for renewing it...