Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    60 is normal ms to the servers in europe... you don't have that to the beta servers... on draenor i have 54 ms... on beta i have 206...
    No, on beta I have 60-100. On live I have 15-50 ms.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

No reason to segregate the community for a client that is already starving for activity.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, on beta I have 60-100. On live I have 15-50 ms.
    so you don't live in sweden then...

it doesn't... i miss renewing frenzy due to the delay when barbed shot is just about to go off cooldown towards end of frenzy... among other things... i'm spamming the button just like i do on live but on live it actually renews the frenzy while on beta the delay causes me to miss the small window for renewing it...
    Ahh keep practicing you’ll get it in no time! I believe in you

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    no you dont ???? why you even talk when you have no idea. its literally impossible to play a Caster
    o, it's not. I play them just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

lol... changing isp won't do anything... it's the distance from sweden to usa that makes the ping... judging by the ping on the beta servers are likely in western usa... which make it impossible to have 100 ping from sweden...
    Whatever you say champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I would hope I do, I work in the telecommunications industry.
    so you must know that ping is a function of distance and of which path your packets are routed through the internet and not of whether you are connecting through wifi or copper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Adapt, push your buttons earlier than they appear to be ready. It’ll work!
    in pvp things actually move

so you don't live in sweden then...
    Nope, Denmark

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I would die from 200ms. You don't speak for anyone but yourself and your (low?) standards.
    As someone who has completed medium-low M+ (up to +9) just fine on 200+ ms, sounds to me like a case of needing to get better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, Denmark
    can I has lego

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    so you must know that ping is a function of distance and of which path your packets are routed through the internet and not of whether you are connecting through wifi or copper
    Ping is related to the entire network path, starting at your computer and ending on the server. The connection between your pc and router is absolutely part of that, as is the speed of your router and modem(if applicable). I recently helped someone solve high ping playing LoL just by calling their cable company and requesting a newer modem, since they had been using the same one since 2009.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a significant factor for you, but it certainly could be. Don't close your mind to potential solutions because you don't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Thats why most testers are in the US and China.
    You'll get yours on release if the MS in an issue but lets be real, outside of PvP you'll do fine with 100-150 MS.
    right.... go and play fire mage, momentum dh, sub rogue or balance druid with 200 ms what a clown..
    I.O BFA Season 3

it's almost impossible to test some things due to how clunky it is to play with around 200 ms...
    200ms isn't "clunky" at all.

There's also no need to - it's easily playable with that ping and it's a complete waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    can I has lego
    Nope, that is my kid's Lego.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Blizzard are listening more than ever before. Maybe this new approach included new forums lol
    HAHAHAHA... oh, you are serious? no Blizzard is not listening - people tell Blizzard everytime what is wrong and they DO NOT LISTEN to what people tell them is wrong during a beta.... did you really forget BFA already?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Ping is related to the entire network path, starting at your computer and ending on the server. The connection between your pc and router is absolutely part of that, as is the speed of your router and modem(if applicable). I recently helped someone solve high ping playing LoL just by calling their cable company and requesting a newer modem, since they had been using the same one since 2009.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a significant factor for you, but it certainly could be. Don't close your mind to potential solutions because you don't like them.
    we are talking about the latency penalty of connecting to us servers from the eu. unless you want to tell me that the difference between my ping on EU live servers (24ms) versus the US ptr (163ms) is somehow caused by my modem

I would die from 200ms. You don't speak for anyone but yourself and your (low?) standards.
    200ms isn't comfortable, but you can get used to it and play just fine.

it's almost impossible to test some things due to how clunky it is to play with around 200 ms...
    We managed in Australia for over 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I do ok from Bangkok and it's around 200-250ms here..
    You'll get closer to 150ms on Oceanic servers. I'm in Koh Samui.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    no you dont ???? why you even talk when you have no idea. its literally impossible to play a Caster
    I've been playing WoW since 2006 and I've never had a ping lower than 150ms.

You'll be fine.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    HAHAHAHA... oh, you are serious? no Blizzard is not listening - people tell Blizzard everytime what is wrong and they DO NOT LISTEN to what people tell them is wrong during a beta.... did you really forget BFA already?
    Oh I agree BfA beta was fucking horrible. They absolutely did not listen at all. SL beta has been quite the opposite though, they have listened to feedback

Pff. What a joke, I have been playing with 250 ms my whole life. (except during the small amount of time when brazilian servers were a thing)

It is fine.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

you know 200 ms is 0.2 seconds right?

I know many people who played for years, or still play with a.... 5th of a second delay...

200ms is not bad, its not great, but its not bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    right.... go and play fire mage, momentum dh, sub rogue or balance druid with 200 ms what a clown..
    0.2 seconds delay instead of... the avwerage 0.05 to 0.1 that most people get is not insane...

no spec currently requires a reaction time of 0.2 seconds.

When WoW first came out I played on the US servers as it wasn't out in the UK yet, using a 56k modem. Now that was some lag and I still managed to do MC.