Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    If you're not going for CE you have no right to ask for things in the game

    It has been pretty clear from the discussions going on lately that the high end community render your opinion null and void if you're not part of their Eco system.

    I have a difficult time understanding this. If something affect them negatively and the rest of the playerbase positively it's them that should be catered to and the thing should be changed so it affect them positively and the rest of the playerbase negatively.

    Can't we have some things that are designed for different types of players?

  2. #2
    CE? What are you talking about?

  3. #3
    Brb, grabbing some popcorn.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It has been pretty clear from the discussions going on lately that the high end community render your opinion null and void if you're not part of their Eco system.

    I have a difficult time understanding this. If something affect them negatively and the rest of the playerbase positively it's them that should be catered to and the thing should be changed so it affect them positively and the rest of the playerbase negatively.

    Can't we have some things that are designed for different types of players?
    Actually it seems to be the other way around. You doing something in the game that requires dedicationa and optimization? Your argument is immediatly null and void becuase you are the EVIL 1%^^
    Also the weird mindset, that everything is apparantly catered to them... which it is not. And i don't think it ever was.

    Mind you never cleared a mythic raid... so i am not in the 1% :P

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    CE? What are you talking about?
    Cutting Edge

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Brb, grabbing some popcorn.
    I am also grabbing popcorn before the thread is locked

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Actually it seems to be the other way around. You doing something in the game that requires dedicationa and optimization? Your argument is immediatly null and void becuase you are the EVIL 1%^^
    Also the weird mindset, that everything is apparantly catered to them... which it is not. And i don't think it ever was.

    Mind you never cleared a mythic raid... so i am not in the 1% :P
    You are right about the fact that the masses should be attracted by certain stuff.
    But he is right, that 99% make a lot of stress about stuff they won't maximize anyway or need it anyway.

    99% can demand certain stuff for them, but the problem is these 99% care for stuff that is not designed for them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Cutting Edge
    That makes sense, I kept thinking in my head "Collectors Edition" and confused myself.

  8. #8
    Are you really just the alt account of Echo? Because you definitely share the same persecution complex.

    Covenants (because this is what your usual bitching and whining is about) will not affect anyone positively, not in the way they are implemented currently. This effect is purely imaginary and stems from a lack of knowledge - sometimes from grandiose delusions and a desperate craving for being a special snowflake in a game where that never was reasonably possible with 5 face options and cookie-cutter builds being a thing for over 15 years. And even if all the features of the covenant align miraculously for you, they won't for most others and you would lose absolutely nothing if things like the covenant class abilities were decoupled from them. You know why? Because
    A.) nothing about these abilities is special enough that you couldn't just color the blue death and decay red, white or green. So what ever kind if visual displeasure you would derive from covenants, the fix for that is trivial to say to say the least.
    B.) Ion is full of shit. Among all 12 soulbinds only 4 affect those abilities at all with a single talent each and all fo them only give generic stat buffs on top, which aren't even class specific, they are shared among all 12 classes. The only real effect comes from conduits and since you would only have 1 ability active at any time anyway this would also just flat out make a shared conduit a non-issue.

    This is coming from someone who barely raided at all during BfA and just doesn't want to be stuck with a broken or useless ability just because I liked the transmog of necrolords more than night fae.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  9. #9
    If you're good enough for cutting edge, something like covenants shouldn't stop you. If you need to min/max at the expense of your character concept, that sounds like a weakness to me. Blizzard are building the game expecting you to have a concept to your character, if it's not strong or important enough to you to override the power difference of, say, covenants, that's not Blizzard's problem. Provide feedback and/or trust them to balance within a "good enough" threshold or don't play. If your friends demand you min/max to play with them, you need to make better friends...

    ...Is what I'd say to the people the OP seems to be talking about.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-09-14 at 06:42 AM.

  10. #10
    Which high end person said this? What opinion were you putting across
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    If you're good enough for cutting edge, something like covenants shouldn't stop you. If you need to min/max at the expense of your character concept, that sounds like a weakness to me. Blizzard are building the game expecting you to have a concept to your character, if it's not strong or important enough to you to override the power difference of, say, covenants, that's not Blizzard's problem. Trust them to balance within a "good enough" threshold or don't play. If your friends demand you min/max to play with them, you need to make better friends...

    ...Is what I'd say to the people the OP seems to be talking about.
    The Covenants will actually only be interesting in the world firsts. Because xy might be better for the second last boss, zy for the last boss.
    Even Cutting Edge people not even closely get everything perfect in their guild, I mean we still have someone in our end of expansion raidgroup that is completely overwhelmed when he has to combine movement with doing damage and pulls off 20k dps in the last phase of carapace or N'Zoth on Mythic.
    He is Cutting Edge but he should definetly pick his best movement spell and should not care about anything else that makes 1% more damage.

    We are back at numbers where this means 50 DPS maybe.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That makes sense, I kept thinking in my head "Collectors Edition" and confused myself.
    Only they who pay the most got the right to ask for stuff in the game
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  13. #13
    Ahaha, you're about 15 Years too late for that one bud. Weirdly enough blizzard try to keep as many people happy as possible (with retention times in mind). Why would they cater to such a tiny fraction of the player base who are the first to unsub the second their goal is reached )

  14. #14
    The Patient Chakah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In my Garrison
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It has been pretty clear from the discussions going on lately that the high end community render your opinion null and void if you're not part of their Eco system.
    CE is too broad. If you aren't beating bosses before they are released to the public, your opinion matters less.
    Blizzard employee or GTFO

  15. #15
    If you're not going for CE you too have the right to ask for things in the game but just dont expect everyone to listen.

  16. #16
    You are picturing in your head that the high end players will suffer from the covenant abilities locking. In reality, they will be the one who won't suffer from this design because they will have multiple characters of the same class in multiple covenants to be able to be optimal in all the contents they do.

    Honestly, I raid mythic in guild and I use group finder a lot for my M+. I am playing on the beta at the moment and it is obvious that this whole system is going to be shit for a lot of people; especially the players between the ones who don't give a shit about performance at all and the top players. If you use group finder a lot, you will feel the impact, especially if you are a DPS player.

    The main problem at the moment is that locking covenant abilities just feel like a punishment from Blizzard that just want to give the middle finger to players who care about performance. You play the campaign, you are a hero for all covenants, you help them all and become best friends then you are asked to choose a covenant for no valid reason. Now the 3 other covenants are not your friends anymore but you must still help them. It is possible that Blizzard adds meaningful content based on your covenant choice but currently, it is not there.

    Additionally, people who hope that Blizzard will be able to balance their systems are 100% wrong. Blizzard can't even balance a talent row of a single spec, they will definitely not be able to balance all covenant abilities. The game will go live with a clear better covenant for a spec in a certain game mode, players who care about performance will choose it. Blizzard will make a surprised pikachu face and will nerf if with their usual balance incompetence (ala kiss of death legendary for disc priest) and this will piss off lots of players.

    Anyway, Blizzard will not change this system before launch. I am 100% sure that many people who currently defends this system will complain about it once they get to experience it. There is currently nothing fun about this system and the gameplay and there is no reason to have this locking in place based on the lore.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    If something affect them negatively and the rest of the playerbase positively
    You got it wrong, it affects high end players negativly and low end players not at all since low end players apparently don't care about the preformance of their covenant anyway, a claim wich i find dubious to begin with.

    So making covenants swapable is a plus minus zero for the lowend players, because they will pick wichever theme fits them regardless, but a huge improvment for the highend players wich will pick and swap between their strongest choices depending on content.

    There is nothing "positive" in making them locked. Its a negative for one group and a nonexistant matter for the rest.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  18. #18
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Cutting Edge

    - - - Updated - - -



    I am also grabbing popcorn before the thread is locked
    Collectors Edition? lol,
    Not sure, this thread doesn´t make much sense to me.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Collectors Edition? lol,
    Not sure, this thread doesn´t make much sense to me.
    I am not sure either, someone apparently said that the only feedback that matters comes from CE players? Unsure if OP said that or read/watched something?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am not sure either, someone apparently said that the only feedback that matters comes from CE players? Unsure if OP said that or read/watched something?
    to be fair, a lot of people act like only their opinion matter, bcs they raid mythic and everyone else is just LFR warior whos opinion is not important...
    on the other hand, a lot of LFR wariors act like nobody but them is important... you have morons on all level of skill and gameplay

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •