Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whatever "games are dying" means. It is still a multi billion dollar industry.

I am not defending Blizzard. I try and see the reality of choices that a game designer faces - in a constantly changing world of what keeps people playing.

But if you truly think your system that "allows you to quest and enjoy the story but it allows ... to pick the activity" is the way to go and rescue games from dying - more power to you. Go out into the world, sell your knowledge to the highest bidder. It should make you rich.
    It's not at all they can allow people to play the game the way they want or not... It worked in based expansion and it can work now. True I just think the lack of freedom and the content being gated behind team gameplay is what's killing most games.

I don't know if I play shadowlands if it's like 8.3. I had to dedicated an hour of my day to do poorly designed dailies as a raider/pvper while trying to get capped and raid. It was killing my ability to enjoy the game. Allows the lack of being able to play my alts was hurting me. In vanilla learning one class was hard because we're bad. Learning one classes on a mythic raid level in wow is easy as fuck. In pvp it's a bit harder but still. Wow just doesn't have that much depth lol outside of high-end arena or world first.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-10-19 at 11:41 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvern View Post
    Excuse me for typo in title: Breng = Bring obviously.

I would like to discuss the following evolution the game has been through: Classes do not have any unique flavour left in their toolkit, even items nowadays can do things that normally only some classes could. (a good example are the drums that give bloodlust, orginally only reserved for Shamans)

Wouldn't it be amazing to see some unique flavour back in the shadowlands. Why won't blizzard let one class excell in some shape or form and be less good in other aspects of the game. Is it because blizzard wants to appeal to a broader audience by homonisation of skills? Maybe.

If classes have something that distinguishes them and makes them valuable it truly feels more like an MMO to me. So Blizzard should further unprune stuff and make new unique abilities or skills for classes to make WoW feel like an true MMO again.

How cool is it that only mages could blink, you see a mage blink and it felt special and what about a priest that has one unique very powerfull prayer of healing effect but the other classes dont, these classes can have something else awesome. Why do classes need so much overlap between them nowadays.

My question for you guys: opinions on how to implement more uniqueness in Shadowlands for the classes?
    It's simple. The dev team is entirely different to what it was years ago. Many regard MoP as the peak of class design. What we get now is a budget version because much of the dev team has been replaced

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    The answer is unfortunately very simple. People complain when a race / class / spec has something that they want but can't have on their preferred race / class / spec. Trying to balance uniqueness became such a burden that Blizzard decided to just do away with it altogether. As a mass audience we can only blame ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    The answer is unfortunately very simple. People complain when a race / class / spec has something that they want but can't have on their preferred race / class / spec. Trying to balance uniqueness became such a burden that Blizzard decided to just do away with it altogether. As a mass audience we can only blame ourselves.
    It's clear why tehy are doing it too. Things like removing flying and making covenants non-trivial to swap are changes that are better for the game in making instances of it more unique, but the playerbase threw a fit over them.
    Hopefully the current devs manage to rise above the people complaining and focus on making the game better instead of just appeasing the people who cry the loudest.
    The world revamp dream will never die!