Poll: Are you going to main Horde or Alliance irrespective of alts?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde unfortunately, my guild swapped in BFA so my human mage had to die and be risen again. Luckily I'll have skin on my elbows in SL so there's that.

Main and all but one alt is on Alliance. That way I can farm gold with all my alts by running old raids and then pool the gold for WoW tokens which translates into Blizz balance which goes into game time.

I have one alt on Horde just so I can play the Horde side of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a single main. I have focused on the same two characters -- one Horde, one Alliance -- since classic and don't anticipate it changing in Shadowlands. I don't consider either of them an alt and they both get similar playtime.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Switching Horde for SL. Alliance progression is dead in the water.

5+ Year Old Account
    Insert "Why not Both" Gif girl here.

Quote Originally Posted by Broombot View Post
    i love the alliance with all my heart, but the faction imbalance is just too lopsided. Not one race on Horde speaks to me and i despise Org, but i love the game adn i'm going to go where the people are.
    Right there with you on that. I want to start doing a bit more higher end content and that just means Horde. Alliance and Horde might be balanced in terms of player base numbers, but that doesn't actually mean anything compared to the participation numbers.

- You want to win more in battlegrounds? Horde it is.
    - You want world PvP? Well Alliance had a 25 - 30% buff almost the entire expansion, which by Blizzard's own words signified "Overwhelmingly outnumbered."
    - You want high end raiding? Oh look, it's the Horde again. Only 13 of the top 100 guilds are Alliance.

I'm not saying I plan to be the most high end player out there, but it's clear that the better players just go towards the Horde.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hard Alliance since vanilla, really love the faction, but if it comes to my having to go Horde to raid I will have no second thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably start out Horde as I've always done. After that I'll jump on my Alliance main and go through the story on their side.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Alliance but I have a few characters on Horde side to always see that side.

Thankfully my friends are in alliance.

I play horde too, but not nearly as much. I really don't like their cities and storylines very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Thankfully my friends are in alliance.

I play horde too, but not nearly as much. I really don't like their cities and storylines very much.
    I didnt like either of BfA cap cities, but the horde one.......my god i hated that place so much.

Horde of course. More people raiding and doing M+.

Also, it's a stereotype and I am generalizing but Alliance players are too.... Hufflupuffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue and Gold is the only way.

I think the data here is quite interesting. Im not sure what it shows, and obviously the sample size is EXTREMELY small, but it shows that on this forum, or at least those involved in this thread, favor alliance over horde. Considering the very vocal frustration at the apparent mass exodus to horde, i think its at least a little interesting.

To be clear, im not saying the exodus isnt a real thing - it obviously is. But it could go some way to explaining why so many members of this particular forum are so frustrated.

I was born blue and I always will be till they turn off the lights for good.

alliance. i prefer the aesthetics of the armor, the cities, the characters, the races, the 'theme' of being the good guys. the fast pvp queues, war mode bonus. i like moon guard as a realm since there's always people rping (and i dont mean erp). i've tried horde-dominated rp realms but it goes back to the environment aesthetics

it is a shame there's less of a pool of players, but im not cutting edge so its not too bad

You really can't play the game properly as Alliance like when you play Horde and it sucks because I like both faction races.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'd like to go alliance but all the raiding guilds including my own are horde so...

suprised by the amount of alliance, i figured this sub would mostly have content runners which has consolidated horde over the years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Horde, always.
    I play on both factions, but Horde is home.
    Same for me, I started playing on Alliance a bit for the story but still about 80% of my playtime is spent playing my main on Horde.
    When I initially started playing Alliance (about five years into playing Horde-only) it was so strange attacking Horde in BGs