Poll: Do your characters have a concept that inform things like covenant choice?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Those were the original Death Knights, the first generation ones. The player Death Knights are the second (and third now thanks to the addition of allied race and pandaren death knights). Huge difference between those.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlikely, because those few death knights who followed Ner'zhul into the Twisting Nether were turned into liches. And aside from Teron Gorefiend no known "original" death knights are known to have survived or remain.
    People could write whatever lore for their own characters that they like, in the end. It wouldn't be common for an original Horde DK to survive, I agree, but it wouldn't be impossible if someone wanted that to be their character's unique lore.

Besides, we're not talking about open RP or anything here, just the stories we have for our own characters in our own minds. It's perfectly valid, and doesn't affect anyone else.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

0 RP for me.

They are just a tool, means to play the game.

My warrior is a warrior - She uses her weapons to hit things until their hp reaches zero. Her name is Bruce.

10+ Year Old Account
    only aesthetically. and by that I mean color-coordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    Definitely. My character likes to read the runes, so to speak. Like to figure out what it coming and see the bigger picture, but avoid deception. So that informs every choice that is relevant. Rejected the gift of N'Zoth, sided with Sylvanas, etc.
    "sees the bigger picture but avoids deception" yet at the same time "sided with sylvanas"
    lol?
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

3+ Year Old Account
    My character defiantly does.

Upon going to the Shadowlands and seeing where De Other Side is located (Ardenweald) she decides to help out the Night Fae. Also, she wants to try and earn the Winter Queen's trust, since she dosen't trust her father, and maybe change her outlook on the Loa. Oh, and taking care of Vol'jin's seed so he can be reborn as a Loa without any trouble
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-20 at 03:31 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Somewhat. I kinda made up this idea about my troll warlock, thinking that all the demons he summons are just minor loas. Needless to say, he was very confused in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    quite a controversial question... On one hand, yes, each of characters had back story, in fact, they were created each with own concept (except, perhaps, first one, but one way or another it was thought out to him later when need arose). On the other hand, question has second part "that inform things like covenant choice", which I don't accept either within framework of game system or within framework of lore (it doesn't working that way, too frank careless gag). Therefore, answer is "no".

With what to figuratively compare this situation, oh I know, here you go:
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-09-16 at 01:19 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Hell yeah. I only have 1 character (my Druid) that I re-made in WoW Classic (same hairstyle and everything).

He is a Moonglade-bred Night-elf, which means he grew up with Taurens and Night-elves alike. This is the reason why he never fights other Taurens, even when he's on a PVP server. Because of this, he couldn't give a rat's ass about Horde-Alliance conflict, politics or other mortal bullshit. That stuff's beneath him. He's saved Azeroth countless times over the course of his 16 years of existence, whether it was Ragnaros in OG vanilla, Nefarian and his sister, C'thun, Illidan, Kil'Jaeden in SWP, Arthas, Yogg-saron in Ulduar, Deathwing, Malygos...the list is endless.

As such, as an Azerothian Night Elf Druid, he's obviously going Night Fae, cause no other Covenant fits him. Kyrians don't represent the cycle of life and death, they go above it. Maldraxxus is where the Necrolords are, and where Death magic started, so that's an abomination of nature, Maldraxxus can go fuck itself. That leaves Venthyr...the vampires. Yeah, no. Night Fae is the only covenant that realistically fits a Druid that has fought and defeated Old Gods, Aspects, the Lich King and San-Layn such as Blood Queen Lan'Athel and the 3-Prince-Council in ICC. Anything else just wouldn't make sense.

Think of it as an Ancient Spartan who is given the choice to side with Athens, Corinth, Sparta or Thebes. The Covenant choice is THAT much of a no-brainer for Azerothian Night Elf Druids that are worth their claws and fangs.

Nop. My Char (Druid ) is the same since vanilla but he does not have any character for me. Just a pixel and gameplay mechanic. The story of wow is for me what the other NPCs do. My char is never really part of it, in my headcanon. Otherwise why the f do i not rule the world?
    But wow never managed to give me immersion in regards to my character. Not even in vanilla.

If i want a character with a concept i play real RPGs. Singleplay preferably as i can influence the story an my character reflects my choices. (PF:KM, Elder Scrolls, Pilalrs of Eternity, Baldurs Gate, Dragon Age etc)

Wow will never have that. Can't. MMO part is directly opposing that.

That is also why i don't feel like we need more "RPG" in the game. Just doesn't really work with the highly linear progression of MMOs.
    Swotor is better in that regard, but the MMO part was dialed back extremly. You can essentially play the whole game without talking to anyone ever.

Yes.. my main does absolutely have a concept - and that concept fits right into Kyrian.

My alts I'm having more trouble with - a mage venthyr mechagnome with 9 mirrors sounds like a bit of fun though - but no concept.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't offer enough RPG elements for my characters to have a concept. Regarding covenants, I will pick the one with the most flexible or pvp-oriented abilities.

Nope. Character for me is just gameplay and art. In bigger rpg games I tend to do one sided characters. All evil. All good. All X you name it. I don't care much for doing backstories and what not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

While not creative at all
    Kul'tiran druid sticks to mostly transmogs with sticks and bones.
    Tauren paladin rocks less traditional paladin gear (tauren hertige armor and zandalari questing greens) and a flaming sword for sunwalker theme.
    Mag'har orc shadow priest uses re-color warlock "sha-skin" set and glph of the sha, for a siege of orgimmar "sha-do" priest vibe.
    Highmountain tauren monk, has a couple different mogs that focuses on his tattoos or has runes in the armor/weapon for runemaster.

Still trying to find one that fits the theme and size of kul'tirian shaman.
    Most of the in game ones use the stormwind human model and give off a "water mage" vibe w/ cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Overall, yeah, my characters have concept. But I'm not sure, if covenant can be part of this concept. For me covenant is more like race, than class. Just one of them is my favorite. So, if I would have just one main character, I would pick this one. But I have several alts. And I think, that I would rather pick different covenants on different characters just for diverse purposes.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Concept vague, my "main" is whatever character im most interested at the time. My transmog changes on a daily basis, and I change hairstyles every other week.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me I loved the mages from Warcraft 2. So I wanted my own character to be like them. Unfortunately WoW hasn't managed the concept of long beard for humans
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-16 at 05:30 PM.

I like to think of my paladin as a type of fanatic viewing euphoria in all forms as the one true light. Which would explain why he's always smiling whilst smashing peoples faces in, a true euphoric sadist.

Ironically my druid is the stereotypical treehugger though so ardenweld RP here i come.

My paladin does, I always level it first, don't always main it all the way through an expansion though. Always a healer, I am there to get up close and personal and keep people alive. I have rolled another paladin to try tanking and ret, but this one for me can only be a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Again I want to say, days later, how impressed I am at the strong lean toward "pro concept" both here and on the official forums where I posed the same question! I hope shadowlands gives all these fleshed out characters a wonderful new chapter in their (after)lives!

There may be hope for the WoW community after all!