Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PC Gamer November Issue Cover - Shadowlands & CGI Jailer, Flight Form in Shadowlands

PC Gamer November Issue Cover - Shadowlands and CGI Jailer
    The cover for the November issue of PC Gamer features a fully CGI version of the Jailer, possibly suggesting a CGI-rendered cinematic in the future in the likes of the Saurfang cinematics. The cover was initially posted in our forums by user Razaron but has also appeared in the WoW subreddit. You can also find a preview of the issue here.

Shadowlands Beta - Druid Flight Form Now Requires Expert Riding
    Druids on the Shadowlands beta are now required to learn expert riding (the first rank of flight riding) in order to use their flight form. Previously, they were awarded expert riding for free when they learned Flight Form. The tooltip states Master Riding, but this is an error as Master Riding is the 2nd rank of flying training.

Last edited by Stoy; 2020-09-14 at 08:59 PM.

I'm actually excited for launch, booked 2 weeks off had lots of holiday stored (thanks covid)

Ret + Venthyr Teleport + Final Verdict - LEGGGOOOO!

And... Interesting I thought the jailer would be an NPC we already met but good surprise still.

god he looks retarded
    well the next 2 years are gonna suck

"It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    And... Interesting I thought the jailer would be an NPC we already met but good surprise still.
    They said at Blizzcon when they showed the expansion and were asked if it was an already known character, that it was a new character. I mean literally right from the beginning they came out and said that. How do some people still not know. They've already given him a name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?
    They say that about every new piece of content. Every patch is the biggest content update they've ever made. I think they said that about the 6.1 selfie patch in WoD.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Shadowlands Beta - Druid Flight Form Now Requires Expert Riding
    Druids on the Shadowlands beta are now required to learn expert riding (the first rank of flight riding) in order to use their flight form. Previously, they were awarded expert riding for free when they learned Flight Form. The tooltip states Master Riding, but this is an error as Master Riding is the 2nd rank of flying training.

(ಠ_ಠ)

Presses F6.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    They said at Blizzcon when they showed the expansion and were asked if it was an already known character, that it was a new character. I mean literally right from the beginning they came out and said that. How do some people still not know. They've already given him a name.
    To be fair,they did bullshit us in the past,remember the whole burning of the teldrassil thing?

I guess he looks okay in cgi. But in game the Jailer just looks like some guy. He has no menace at all.

I preferred the Titan Ice King concept art to the in game model for the Jailer, but I actually like this CGI look. I'm more hyped about him with this reveal and the tantalizing possibility of a full CGI cinematic before launch.

Eh that's just standard marketing. No one is going to headline with "Our product is worse this time!", regardless of how everything actually turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    god he looks retarded
    Negativity for absolutely no reason.

He looks sick. Much more like a villain. Hyped for the next two years!

It's standard marketing phrase many many companies use for their newest product.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

god he looks retarded
    They had to make a stupidly obvious cliche villain so the unimaginative Vanilla brains can understand it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just promotion stuff. Legion was the most ambitious expansion. Shadowlands is a big patch full of fixes and backtracking to old school things.

So they ripped off Quan Chi

Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-09-14 at 09:41 PM.

So Garrosh is the Jailer.

Those are Frostmourne runes on his face.

Last edited by iamthedevil; 2020-09-14 at 09:58 PM.

god he looks retarded
    Well he is the first Nethrazim so him looking like one is a good thing.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

He was the other voice in the helm of domination and pretty much controlling him (LK).

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Ya they have already eluded that he was in control of Arthas basically the entire time he had the helm on. Arthas was just his avatar in the real world and his key to break the barriers once Arthas was defeated.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Credit to Razaron for uploading his copy of the magazine. That is a subscriber edition hence less text over the front cover.
    Jailer looks pretty cool; the type of villain I would want to fight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    So they ripped off Quan Chi

Inspired I would say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya they have already eluded that he was in control of Arthas basically the entire time he had the helm on. Arthas was just his avatar in the real world and his key to break the barriers once Arthas was defeated.
    That would mean the sword was the controlling force not the helm by itself.

Seeing how Bolvar was free willed.

Or Alextrazsa Red dragon Life flames made Bolvar immune to The jailers voice. I would liked that idea better then my first one.