Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.
    Weird to how the game was not as balanced back then and some of the same issues mentioned with power discrepancy in Covenants actually existed with specs or classes. But one is praised and one is not. Weird how the world changes and perception changes with it no? And its not like TBC or WotLK had 100% solid design. I remember that my guild had to actually remove armor from tanks when doing non-raids because they couldn't generate enough threat to keep aggro. Some of the same things existed back then. It just wasn't in a individual eco system like with Artifacts, Azerite, and Covenants.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    Oh boo fucking hoo. You don't like a direction of a video game. Man up, unsub and move on. You guys sound like you need a binky and a nap.

Legendary!
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions.
    Man you better get ready for puberty because life gets so much harder than that.

So, I imagined the game without all of the things that you told me to imagine it without.

Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.

Super weird.

I guess there is a threshold where solid design beats just having alot of shit to do over and over.
    Yeah and you all cited Chinese accounts as being fraudulent and that NA/EU only accounted for 4-5M at best back then. And I certainly remember having not much to do but the same shit over and over again since Vanilla. That part has ever changed other than we have more to do now and raiding is not the only way to truly progress your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Weird to how the game was not as balanced back then and some of the same issues mentioned with power discrepancy in Covenants actually existed with specs or classes. But one is praised and one is not. Weird how the world changes and perception changes with it no? And its not like TBC or WotLK had 100% solid design. I remember that my guild had to actually remove armor from tanks when doing non-raids because they couldn't generate enough threat to keep aggro. Some of the same things existed back then. It just wasn't in a individual eco system like with Artifacts, Azerite, and Covenants.
    So true. Either these whiners weren't around back then, or are just conveniently forgetting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    I actually miss Ghostcrawler, the game needs him.
    Don't say that...he's doing great things for LoL and Riot and thats what I like to play now!
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2020-09-15 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by oriondc View Post
    Yikes, there are a lot of Blizz employees/shills in this thread.
    seems to me there is more people who have NO IDEA how business works and what Ion actualy does in his job...

I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual .
    They said they'd "pull the rip cord -if- they came to the conclusion that it really wouldn't work". At the same time they also stated they'd put full effort into balancing the covenants and believed it would be very possible.

Personally I'm glad they decided not to pull the rip-cord.

I don't want to have a 1000th character configuration gear or cog that I'd need to change before every type of content or encounter. The talent system alone is already annoying enough for certain classes having to switch back and forth depending on the fight you're facing, up to the point they had to disable it inside mythic+.

So personally I'm happy with the decision Ion made. He understands game design and the longterm consequence much much better than the people complaining, imo.

I bet people are missing and wishing to have ghostcrawler back now. lol
    and they will be wishing for Ion if he is ever replaced, its the same as praising wod now, people have collective memory of a goddamn goldfish

- - - Updated - - -

almost like the game was new back then...
    classic dont have those things and it didnt reach those heights... almost like the game without it is NOT better...

We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA
    How many people did leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm more curious why this thread is even allowed to go on with that title.
    bcs moderation on this forum is pretty bad - shit threads l;ike this run forever, spam is here SOO MUCH, but i tell a guy who is trying to convince someone who ignores him that he is "banging head against the wall of stupidity" and get a ban

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    massive layoffs
    you mean those 12 or so people from wow team? yeah, massive

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how everyone's complaints with Covenants were that there was going to be one path that was the best and everything else would prevent you from getting invites... so they made it so that you can actually switch covenants easily, and now the complaint is that they'll be unbalanced... even though you can switch as you please and they're obviously going to be tuning things to be as close as possible.

Like, seriously, they addressed the complaint and fixed the issue. You can switch covenants all you want. Stop looking for things to complain about.
    Yeah because switching back and forth is totally what people want. Well I think I'll tanks this 15 key for my key group <switches to Cov A> and then I'll do some PvP with the guild <switches to Cov B> before the raid tonight <switches to Cov C>.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Fired? No... He just needs to stop being a prick and forcing these shitty borrowed powers that only window-lickers enjoy down our throats every expansion. Also, they need to revert Survival Hunter to MOP/WOD or give Hunters a 4th spec, dammit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Yeah because switching back and forth is totally what people want. Well I think I'll tanks this 15 key for my key group <switches to Cov A> and then I'll do some PvP with the guild <switches to Cov B> before the raid tonight <switches to Cov C>.
    Seriously just make the class abilities a talent row at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Oh, look. Another armchair CEO/game designer who thinks the 'best for the game' is to cater to everything he personally wants.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    Ah, wonderful, the good old gravedigging strategy!

So, by your logic, if I once advocated for religious freedom, I am now forbidden to denounce the ritualized genital mutilation of girls as performed by non-native subcultures?
    My previous satements regarding non-violent protests basically tie my hands, giving the cop thats beating me with a baton free reign.

People that dig just to find dirt and apply it out of context are as vile as they think themselves to be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position

Probably just a lot of warrior buffs. Shattering throw is instant cast and one shots McConnell in Bubble / Mages in Ice Block.

Also, more to the point, Blizz was never going to walk away from the major design points of Shadowlands. Every 2 years they reinvent the wheel with the outlook of the next expansion being this huge proof of concept.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-09-15 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

Probably just a lot of warrior buffs. Shattering throw is instant cast and one shots McConnell in Bubble / Mages in Ice Block.
    also raid instances don't let you in unless your transmog is on point

Everytime i read this thread title i can't help but picture a Karen calling for the manager. xD

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    We'd have to play the game by watching a stream of him watching us play, probably, while he screams "that's true".
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

The issue is they have to stick to their guns on some things and i respect that but history has shown they have not and cannot balance these overlapping systems that give borrowed power. It will be the same with Covenants just like it was with Azerite Powers and Corruption but they will wait until the game is going down the tubes before they see what is happening.

In my opinion they need to go back to basics and focus on Dungeons, Raids and good class design and balance instead of these band aid systems they keep putting in the game. I mean the fact that no one at Blizzard stood up and said letting corruption into Arenas was the worst idea ever still baffles me to this day, i dont know what is going on over at Blizzard but it feels like its falling apart from a consumer's eye at least.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Ah, wonderful, the good old gravedigging strategy!

So, by your logic, if I once advocated for religious freedom, I am now forbidden to denounce the ritualized genital mutilation of girls as performed by non-native subcultures?
    My previous satements regarding non-violent protests basically tie my hands, giving the cop thats beating me with a baton free reign.

People that dig just to find dirt and apply it out of context are as vile as they think themselves to be smart.
    I usually agree with this sort of sentiment if say people dig things up people said or did years ago, however, something he said a month ago I feel is still relevant.