Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    You not liking the game is not a legitimate reason to fire someone. This is nothing more than you whining because they don't cater to you.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If Ion would stop saying what he thinks the community wants to hear and instead start doing what the community wants to see happen, I'd have a lot less of an issue with him. Right now it's hard to believe a fucking word the dude says because of his penchant for either divulging too information or intentionally overselling a development philosophy in order to quell unrest (see also: rip cord). I don't think he should be fired but it wouldn't fucking hurt anybody for the guy to be a little bit more direct in the information he communicates to us.
    Absolutely on point. His rhetoric is unfit an creates more friction than anything.

  3. #203
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Ion should be fired
    Yeah! And Ghostcrawler too!
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-09-15 at 03:39 PM.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I agree with their design philosophy for Covenants. Ion is doing a spectacular job of not just keeping WoW alive, but at the top.
    That statement is so flawed, Blizzard tried to release it despite early negative feedback.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the only truly good thing about GC was his open talks with players. he had some really great communications with the player base when he was GM and i always enjoyed reading them even if i didnt always agree with him. he implemented alot of features that hurt the game long term, he even admits to it now.
    LFD and LFR were his babies.
    That is still only his opinion, not fact. And it doesn't validate your opinion as fact either.

  6. #206
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,796
    Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Absolutely on point. His rhetoric is unfit an creates more friction than anything.
    How is his rhetoric unfit? In this case he literally laid out the plan they were following for the coming months then when said months came he stuck exactly to that plan.

    Would it create less friction if he just lied to us or should he just stop doing interviews altogether so people can’t misconstrue what he says?

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Fired? No... He just needs to stop being a prick and forcing these shitty borrowed powers that only window-lickers enjoy down our throats every expansion. Also, they need to revert Survival Hunter to MOP/WOD or give Hunters a 4th spec, dammit.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Seriously just make the class abilities a talent row at this point.
    Tha post makes you sound like one of those elitist wankers who don't play to enjoy the game or anything, you take it way too seriously to the point there you'll turn your nose up at something you enjoy or find fun & go with some boring shit because it offers 1% more dps or some shit, then piss & moan about it on a board where no one with any clout is actually gonna read it. Also, SV? Let it the fuck go, its been 2 expansions.

    If you don't enjoy it, you are a paying customer, drop your money on something you do enjoy. Vote with your feet & your wallet, not your mouse & keyboard.

  8. #208
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and they will be wishing for Ion if he is ever replaced, its the same as praising wod now, people have collective memory of a goddamn goldfish

    - - - Updated - - -



    almost like the game was new back then...
    classic dont have those things and it didnt reach those heights... almost like the game without it is NOT better...
    If you consider a 10 year old game "new", sure... I guess..

    Classic didnt reach those heights because not everyone was interested in playing a game they had already played..

    The fact that Classic's playerbase is even as large as it is... is testament to how bad retail wow is. lol

    I can promise you that when BC releases people will flock to it in groups unlike anything classic seen.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 03:46 PM.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If Ion would stop saying what he thinks the community wants to hear and instead start doing what the community wants to see happen, I'd have a lot less of an issue with him. Right now it's hard to believe a fucking word the dude says because of his penchant for either divulging too information or intentionally overselling a development philosophy in order to quell unrest (see also: rip cord). I don't think he should be fired but it wouldn't fucking hurt anybody for the guy to be a little bit more direct in the information he communicates to us.
    What you and other who spew this completely ignore is that players aren't a hive mind. They all want different things. So here is what you are really saying:

    If Ion would stop saying what he thinks the community wants to hear and instead start doing what I want to see happen, I'd have a lot less of an issue with him. Right now it's hard to believe a fucking word the dude says because of his penchant for not catering solely to me and do everything I want sinc e I am the only one who should matter. I don't think he should be fired but it wouldn't fucking hurt anybody for the guy to do what I want and listen solely to me
    Also, the reason he isn't more direct is because the players have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted to act like adults and childishly tear him a part automatically regardless of what he says. There is no point in trying to communicate with players who act like children regardless of what you say.

  10. #210
    The Lightbringer Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan(not true)
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    Tha post makes you sound like one of those elitist wankers who don't play to enjoy the game or anything, you take it way too seriously to the point there you'll turn your nose up at something you enjoy or find fun & go with some boring shit because it offers 1% more dps or some shit, then piss & moan about it on a board where no one with any clout is actually gonna read it. Also, SV? Let it the fuck go, its been 2 expansions.

    If you don't enjoy it, you are a paying customer, drop your money on something you do enjoy. Vote with your feet & your wallet, not your mouse & keyboard.
    If you liked corruption or essences(prior to their "fix") you probably listen to Nickleback and drink Bud Lite.

    Also
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    Clearly u dont have beta access. You are misunderstanding a great many things.

  12. #212
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,796
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What you and other who spew this completely ignore is that players aren't a hive mind. They all want different things. So here is what you are really saying:



    Also, the reason he isn't more direct is because the players have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted to act like adults and childishly tear him a part automatically regardless of what he says. There is no point in trying to communicate with players who act like children regardless of what you say.
    Ion was actually incredibly direct in this case, I went ahead and typed up a quote from his interview and it’s pretty much exactly the same as his blue post (not in wording but idea) I even posted said quote to the user your quoting who seems to think that if the ripcord isn’t pulled when he wants then it’s a lie.

    Here’s the quote in question.
    Our goal is to do as much as that as possible during beta then make conservative changes once were live and if somethings a bit out of whack we probably lean towards doing that in a patch in the next tier with alot of of advanced noticed so people can plan around it versus you logged in one day and the rules have changed from out form under you. "


    then preach follows up with a question about rather they think this is the best idea where he says.

    "we do continue to think that yes, and i think our goal is to. the conversion we would love to have with the community in the next couple of months is what are the biggest problems what are the area's of great worry what are the area's that will make this fail. lets try and target those lets try and sure those up. is there the fall back opinion at the end of the day of removing all of the restrictions and you can just mix and max and change things freely? if we need to pull that rip cord it exist but that is see as a last recourse."

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    One thing is demonstrably not true- Ghostcrawler was lead class designer until he left in 2013, and I dont think Ion has ever been involved too heavily on the mechanics side of it prior to his elevation to lead designer but I cannot say that second part with absolute certainty.
    ... What's not true? I didn't say LEAD, I said he was a game designer. Do you not know that there's hundreds of people working on WoW? It's not like the 10 we get to see on stage are the only ones making calls.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Remember when people called for Ghostcrawler to be fired every expansion?
    Ghostcrawler wasn't a problem. Kalgan on the other hand should have been locked up.

  15. #215
    The Lightbringer Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan(not true)
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerDude40 View Post
    Ghostcrawler wasn't a problem. Kalgan on the other hand should have been locked up.
    Ghostcrawler got the blame for bad decisions and wasn't a dick. Ion basically talks down to people. Again, I don't think he should be fired. He's just super spiky and it's extremely unbecoming of a person in his position.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2020-09-15 at 04:04 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Ghostcrawler got the blame for bad decisions and wasn't a dick. Ion basically talks down to people.
    He does?

    They are two different people, no doubt. Different personalities and stuff. I think Ion is much more professional. But talks down to people?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I usually agree with this sort of sentiment if say people dig things up people said or did years ago, however, something he said a month ago I feel is still relevant.
    Maybe something happened that drastically changed the way he sees things? Like someone basically lying in parts of his public communication and therefore playing with his trust? Doesn't matter how laughable it is to you, it is still a reason for him to change his opinion in this specific case. I put that in again to remind you of the importance of context.

    If its tuesday and I tell someone in conversation that I like pitbulls, I have every right to not be called a hypocrite when I change my opinion after having my kid mauled to death by one on thursday. So much for "a month ago, so still relevant".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How is his rhetoric unfit? In this case he literally laid out the plan they were following for the coming months then when said months came he stuck exactly to that plan.

    Would it create less friction if he just lied to us or should he just stop doing interviews altogether so people can’t misconstrue what he says?
    He said they can easily pull the ripcord. Turns out there is none, and there never has been one. Giving people hope by lying to them isn't exactly something that sparks joy in your community. He is also the master of "lawyer talk", which is not surprising since he is one. Having to listen to someone weasel themselves out of having to make concrete statements and veiling themselves in ambiguity is infuriating. Neither is it a rhetoric befitting someone in his position.

    If I wanted to listen to a lawyer, i'd sue someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Grow the fuck up, dude. I don't give a shit if Ion listens to me. I do give a shit when Ion says things that aren't fully true and later moves goal posts because he would rather coddle players than be direct with them. You can try to defend his indirect approach because of some ridiculous notion that "players can't be trusted with the truth" but I'd simply prefer a more upfront approach.
    Quoting the guy below me for literally making the same statement.
    Last edited by LazuOG; 2020-09-15 at 04:13 PM.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What you and other who spew this completely ignore is that players aren't a hive mind. They all want different things. So here is what you are really saying:



    Also, the reason he isn't more direct is because the players have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted to act like adults and childishly tear him a part automatically regardless of what he says. There is no point in trying to communicate with players who act like children regardless of what you say.
    Grow the fuck up, dude. I don't give a shit if Ion listens to me. I do give a shit when Ion says things that aren't fully true and later moves goal posts because he would rather coddle players than be direct with them. You can try to defend his indirect approach because of some ridiculous notion that "players can't be trusted with the truth" but I'd simply prefer a more upfront approach.

  19. #219
    wish all these whiners would just go away

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    He said they can easily pull the ripcord. Turns out there is none, and there never has been one.
    or there is one, and they still can pull it, they just dont think its necesary, which a lot of people would agree...
    or do you have anything suggesting they didnt have the ripcord in place other than them not pulling it? bcs that means pretty much nothing...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    wish all these whiners would just go away
    thats not gonna happen, i think one of SW:TOR developers said if you gave gamers magical hat that can fulfil all their wishes they would complain about the color of the hat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •