Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    I actually miss Ghostcrawler, the game needs him.
    the only truly good thing about GC was his open talks with players. he had some really great communications with the player base when he was GM and i always enjoyed reading them even if i didnt always agree with him. he implemented alot of features that hurt the game long term, he even admits to it now.
    LFD and LFR were his babies.

My favorite part of the "pull the ripcord" response he gave was "Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view."

In other words, I feel like they're admitting they haven't actually done any work for the ripcord and that they most likely had no intention to ever no matter how shit the system turns out to be; in other words, Azerite 2.0.

They designed the entire expansion around the system, and they ran out of time so we're stuck with it, no matter how sit it actually plays out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the only truly good thing about GC was his open talks with players. he had some really great communications with the player base when he was GM and i always enjoyed reading them even if i didnt always agree with him. he implemented alot of features that hurt the game long term, he even admits to it now.
    Mean LFR it self isn't bad, just perhaps the rewards are a bit too good for what it is especially when dragonsoul came out, the carrot on a stick really diluted from this point.

Blizzard themselves took it too far and really should of implemented in a way that encouraged people that now that do LFR to move onto harder modes.

Difficulty curve is good, engrossing curve for loot should follow as well that isn't just ilvl, just my opinion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    He's on record saying that initial the development of the LFR is one of the few things he truly regretted about his tenure at Blizzard. How on earth could that have been his "baby"?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    He won't be. He has no talent as a developer, but he knows exactly how to kiss up to his bosses. We might even get a decent game if he would do his job for once instead of spending his time licking Brack's taint.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    In other words, I feel like they're admitting they haven't actually done any work for the ripcord and that they most likely had no intention to ever no matter how shit the system turns out to be;
    Thats just nonsense. Why would anyone spend development time on said "ripcord" if they don't see the need for it? Noone builds a system under the assumption that it'll fail and needs to be removed quickly and seamlessly. You build systems because you think they are a good idea.

Any sort of "ripcord" that was spoken about was entirely metaphorical. And he did state quite clearly that they would be prepared to do the work, they just don't agree with you that its required. But of course you are going to ignore that and just claim the opposite, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    KEKW

So far Ion is like the next in line for Blizz President when time comes. One of his biggest achievements is managing to stabilize WoW with 6 month cadence on major patches, if not the whole COVID thing, we'd probably get expansion a month ago too.
    Wouldn't even be surprised if he also had a hand in greenlighting Classic at last (even if the final decision was not his), granting another sub cushion to the game and probably making its numbers the most stable they've been since Cata.

Ion's got nowhere to go but up by my reckoning, and I don't even like the guy very much. But a lot of the hate he gets is because he says the things some people don't want to hear, exactly like Ghostcrawler before him; remember how nobody called for Tom Chilton to be fired when he headed the disaster that was WoD? Because the guy didn't show up on camera and tell angry nerds to stuff it , that's the only major reason.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    I've got news for you, but that isn't an offense that gets people fired. Ion is doing precisely what top management wants him to do...get people excited and spend the money for the expansion, and deliver the cheapest service that will keep a reasonable number of people around.

If 5 million pre-purchase the expansion, they'll get around $250 million in revenue (figure an average of $50 since some will pre-purchase the more expensive option). I guarantee that they aren't spending remotely that much anymore on expansions. If they got that many people to pre-purchase, this expansion is already a success in Blizz's mind.

Lose some customers in the process? Oh well. They still made bank this time around and will make bank again because plenty will be excited by the next expansion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Remember when people called for Ghostcrawler to be fired every expansion?
    I remember yeah. And while I not one of those to demand people fired whenever the game goes a route I don't like, I never thought we could get someone who would make worse decisions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    You expect people who write these kinds of threads to even know what the word hypocrite means?
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? He's easily better than all of his predecessors.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Bolded my questions to you in your quote. Interested in your sources
    I was about to ask some similar questions but you beat me to it. Thumbs up.

Ion does a good job actually being frontal about their decision. Having all the videos where they actually explain why they do like they do is something that was close to non existent before. If you actually listen to their videos the last 4 years you would understand much more.

And them going forward with Covenant is a good thing. Don't let some vocal people dictate how they should make the game. If you don't like it, don't play. It is like any other game. I for one believe the overall player base will appreciate the Covenants and what they do when they get to experience it themselves. Sure, there are someone who doesn't like it and won't like it, but to criticize anyone like this just because they made a game different than what you wanted is no reason to call anyone for being fired. People can just quit the fucking game and play something they do enjoy.

In b4 someone comes with the classic cliche "but its not that easy that you can say that if you don't like it, then don't play it".
    You are totally wrong and will always be wrong. It is that easy.

Fire the person that went on stage and told every Classic fan exactly what they wanted to hear even tho he's leading retail into the complete opposite direction? I think fucking not.

Blizzard won't fire the guy who makes people excited. Why do you think they kept putting Metzen on stage every year when he was active?

I say this as somebody that disliked BfA enough to stop playing shortly after launch:

Design by committee doesn't work, and trying to design a game by simply doing what the community says will be a clusterfuck. I'd rather he try and fail, and own up to that, than just to bend to the will of a thousand voices trying to pull him in a 1000 different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I agree with their design philosophy for Covenants. Ion is doing a spectacular job of not just keeping WoW alive, but at the top.
    That's just like, your opinion dude.

Regardless of what you think of design decisions, calling for someone to be fired is a really really crappy thing to do. Decent human beings don't root for bad things to happen to other people. Seriously sick of seeing calls for firing over the internet. Unless someone has committed some sort of crime or abuse of power, calling for firing is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I say this as somebody that disliked BfA enough to stop playing shortly after launch:

Design by committee doesn't work, and trying to design a game by simply doing what the community says will be a clusterfuck. I'd rather he try and fail, and own up to that, than just to bend to the will of a thousand voices trying to pull him in a 1000 different directions.
    I think the ripcord should be, when pulled both sides get what they want. Players are prompted with do you want to go the route of RPG meaning choice or the other route.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual .
    ya this never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    He's on record saying that initial the development of the LFR is one of the few things he truly regretted about his tenure at Blizzard. How on earth could that have been his "baby"?
    well, he was the GM that gave birth to it. it was his baby. doesnt mean he doesnt regret having it.