Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I love Survival. It's more fun than Marksmanship, and second only to Beast Mastery. GTFO with wanting Survival to go back to ranged, you already have two ranged specs for that.
    Fun is subjective. Personally I don't find spamming the same button over and over again that fun but hey ho

    How about you accept most people want the spec to return as it was?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    people don't play current survival much because it's not tuned well and doesn't offer any unique utility over other melee specs, not because it's a melee spec.
    That's the thing, survival does fine damage - obviously not BM's level but it's by no means undertuned - people don't play it even when it's good - pretty sure method ran a survival hunter in NH mythic - doesn't mean loads of people started playing it

  2. #22
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fun is subjective. Personally I don't find spamming the same button over and over again that fun but hey ho

    How about you accept most people want the spec to return as it was?

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's the thing, survival does fine damage - obviously not BM's level but it's by no means undertuned - people don't play it even when it's good - pretty sure method ran a survival hunter in NH mythic - doesn't mean loads of people started playing it
    Indeed it is. I don't know what version of Survival Hunter you've played, but I have more than one button to press. I don't know what the numbers are, and I don't frankly care much, I like the spec and play it, and I don't want it to "return as it was" because as I've said, you already have two ranged specs. If you want ranged Survival, Classic is there for you.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhawk View Post

    If people had followed your advice we would still probably have a dead zone. It took the community hounding Blizzard for years to fix the whole dead zone and no shooting in melee mechanics. Even if it isnt done by 10.0, which I doubt anyone expects to happen, people hounding Blizzard is how it could get changed eventually. Overcoming developers ego is generally a lengthy process and requires patience.
    I'm not saying: don't provide input
    I'm saying, it's too late now anyway; there is no way they would make such a sweeping change a few weeks before the pre-patch; unless it's already virtually done and a surprise (in which case any further input would still be pointless)

    The ship has sailed, let's hope they at least bring melee SV a bit more up to par during SL and see what 10.0 brings.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's the thing, survival does fine damage - obviously not BM's level but it's by no means undertuned - people don't play it even when it's good - pretty sure method ran a survival hunter in NH mythic - doesn't mean loads of people started playing it
    it could be in the top 5 dps and people still probably wont play it without unique utility at this point in the game. utility = group invites

  5. #25
    Grunt OkamiShiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fun is subjective. Personally I don't find spamming the same button over and over again that fun but hey ho

    How about you accept most people want the spec to return as it was?
    How about you accept survival is melee, there are a lot of people who like it and there are two other range speccs to play - and not try to spread salt about melee survival?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I'm not saying: don't provide input
    I'm saying, it's too late now anyway; there is no way they would make such a sweeping change a few weeks before the pre-patch; unless it's already virtually done and a surprise (in which case any further input would still be pointless)

    The ship has sailed, let's hope they at least bring melee SV a bit more up to par during SL and see what 10.0 brings.
    And where did I or anyone replying to this post say it had to be done for SL. You just assumed we are saying it has to be done for the next patch. Considering I am proposing a whole new role for SV I would never expect Blizzard to get it done within one patch as you have a whole new set of tanking mechanics to work out.

    Personally I would be happy to hear from Blizzard and them say we have heard the complaints and have seen the drop in hunter class participation, particularly SV hunters and are working to make changes for the next expansion. Where we will not take away peoples playstyle but will restore a playstyle that a number of hunters loved to play.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I just want old survival

    The fact melee survival still exists kinda proves a large portion of the team can't be playing wow

    It's GARBAGE
    It's the most fun Hunter spec by a very large margin, but that's not saying much. The whole class needs to go.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by OkamiShiro View Post
    How about you accept survival is melee, there are a lot of people who like it and there are two other range speccs to play - and not try to spread salt about melee survival?
    Then you should back my idea as it doesnt take away from hunters that want to play melee. You however have yet to propose anything that brings back the playstyle that ranged SV hunters loved. The other two spec didnt offer that playstyle when I was playing and from what I have seen on these and the WoW forums Blizzard has yet to bring back that playstyle since I left.

  9. #29
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,600
    I highly enjoy melee survival, but I also understand people wanting the old version back.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  10. #30
    Just turn SV into a tank spec and add old SV back as spec#4.

    Lovers of the new SV rarely hold back with their opinion of I like the new SV, I don't care about ranged SV, fuck you - so naturally my opinion is pretty much... fuck them, take their spec away from them and turn it into something they didn't ask for because a bunch of randoms came up with a random brain fart.

    Fuck, even better, turn SV into a healing spec to really drive my point home. There were like 5 people asking for SV being a more melee oriented spec and Blizzard screwed over everyone who liked ranged SV - now we just need 5 people to tell Blizzard that we want a melee healer spec that heals via pet positioning or some shit and then give a big fuck you to everyone who enjoyed melee SV.

    If you like melee SV and your argument is basically fuck you for liking ranged SV, your opinion is invalid then I really hope that you'll have your favorite spec/class destroyed eventually as well. I really hope that you lose something you truly like and I can't wait to see how mature and super duper adult you'Re gonna react when you have people walk up to you telling you that you should just stfu and stop being a salty bitch.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Just turn SV into a tank spec and add old SV back as spec#4.

    Lovers of the new SV rarely hold back with their opinion of I like the new SV, I don't care about ranged SV, fuck you - so naturally my opinion is pretty much... fuck them, take their spec away from them and turn it into something they didn't ask for because a bunch of randoms came up with a random brain fart.

    Fuck, even better, turn SV into a healing spec to really drive my point home. There were like 5 people asking for SV being a more melee oriented spec and Blizzard screwed over everyone who liked ranged SV - now we just need 5 people to tell Blizzard that we want a melee healer spec that heals via pet positioning or some shit and then give a big fuck you to everyone who enjoyed melee SV.

    If you like melee SV and your argument is basically fuck you for liking ranged SV, your opinion is invalid then I really hope that you'll have your favorite spec/class destroyed eventually as well. I really hope that you lose something you truly like and I can't wait to see how mature and super duper adult you'Re gonna react when you have people walk up to you telling you that you should just stfu and stop being a salty bitch.
    you people invade and take over and derail every single hunter topic with your irrelevant nonsense and you think melee survival fans are the problem rofl. go play on an MoP private server kiddo

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan(not true)
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I love Survival. It's more fun than Marksmanship, and second only to Beast Mastery. GTFO with wanting Survival to go back to ranged, you already have two ranged specs for that.
    You find BM compelling... Not much I can say that hasn't already been said by that opinion.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Indeed it is. I don't know what version of Survival Hunter you've played, but I have more than one button to press. I don't know what the numbers are, and I don't frankly care much, I like the spec and play it, and I don't want it to "return as it was" because as I've said, you already have two ranged specs. If you want ranged Survival, Classic is there for you.
    Survival was ranged the majority of its life and now its objectively one of the worst, poorly designed specs, let alone melee.

    You can defend something bad, but don't be so defensive when people call it bad

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OkamiShiro View Post
    How about you accept survival is melee, there are a lot of people who like it and there are two other range speccs to play - and not try to spread salt about melee survival?
    We don't change things by being quiet about them - look at the high elf community - I will piss and moan about survival until they change it back and I can play my favorite spec ever once more. Quite simple really

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you people invade and take over and derail every single hunter topic with your irrelevant nonsense and you think melee survival fans are the problem rofl. go play on an MoP private server kiddo
    Posts like this is why people won't take you seriously

    Funnily most people defending melee survival talk like this, it's almost like people think contrianism is a personality trait or something

  14. #34
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Survival was ranged the majority of its life and now its objectively one of the worst, poorly designed specs, let alone melee.

    You can defend something bad, but don't be so defensive when people call it bad
    It's your opinion it's bad, don't try to pass it off as fact. Even if you're part of the majority, there's a big enough following that enjoys the spec, and that's all that matters to to me and anyone that enjoys it. If you want a ranged Hunter spec, BM and MM are there for you.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's your opinion it's bad, don't try to pass it off as fact. Even if you're part of the majority, there's a big enough following that enjoys the spec, and that's all that matters to to me and anyone that enjoys it. If you want a ranged Hunter spec, BM and MM are there for you.
    That's like me saying - you want a melee spec? Warrior, rogue, Pala, DK, monk, DH, feral, enhance are there for you.

    We already had too many melee - and we lost arguably the most unique hunter spec in return for something most people think is shit. That's just the truth I'm afraid - survival being a bad spec is as much an opinion that the earth is flat. For the deluded less than 1% of hunters who like it - fair enough, but don't pretend there's any kind of real debate to be had. Most people who care about hunter as a class hate survival and everything about it

  16. #36
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's like me saying - you want a melee spec? Warrior, rogue, Pala, DK, monk, DH, feral, enhance are there for you.

    We already had too many melee - and we lost arguably the most unique hunter spec in return for something most people think is shit. That's just the truth I'm afraid - survival being a bad spec is as much an opinion that the earth is flat. For the deluded less than 1% of hunters who like it - fair enough, but don't pretend there's any kind of real debate to be had. Most people who care about hunter as a class hate survival and everything about it
    There's no debate worth having as it's a matter of taste. Just because a majority like it doesn't automatically mean the minority are wrong. You can voice your displeasure with the change like the pro High Elf community all you want if you think it'll change things, but don't pretend you can convince me or anyone that enjoys the spec to think it's bad just because the majority think so. We're arguing taste and opinion.

  17. #37
    I dont think hunter needs a 4th spec. I have always said they don't need a new spec, just an alternative MM play style. Just change the talent options to make it similar to how it used to be. such as changing explosive shot to what it was in wrath and put aimed shot on the same line. The reason I dislike MM is because to me it feels like a caster and if I wanted to play a caster I would. I played a SV hunter because of its mobility and lack of reliance on the pet. I dislike BM (and have since launch) because it feels like the pet is doing all the damage not me. Also, let me just say, i dont hate the melee survival spec, it was fun to play... but i dont like playing melee characters either. im basically a tank or the ranged bow user in every MMO I play.
    Last edited by Subrias; 2020-09-18 at 12:31 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    I dont think hunter needs a 4th spec. I have always said they don't need a new spec, just an alternative MM play style. Just change the talent options to make it similar to how it used to be. such as changing explosive shot to what it was in wrath and put aimed shot on the same line. The reason I dislike MM is because to me it feels like a caster and if I wanted to play a caster I would. I played a SV hunter because of its mobility and lack of reliance on the pet. I dislike BM (and have since launch) because it feels like the pet is doing all the damage not me. Also, let me just say, i dont hate the melee survival spec, it was fun to play... but i dont like playing melee characters either. im basically a tank or the ranged bow user in every MMO I play.
    Sadly though Blizzard has had numerous opportunities to do that and have either not bothered or failed miserably. A forth spec may be needed because the devs at Blizzard arent capable of of making a flexible spec like you suggest.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's your opinion it's bad, don't try to pass it off as fact. Even if you're part of the majority, there's a big enough following that enjoys the spec, and that's all that matters to to me and anyone that enjoys it. If you want a ranged Hunter spec, BM and MM are there for you.
    Why do people always ignore the part of it that matters the most in these discussions? Yes, we are asking for RSV(ranged SV) back. But it's not just for the "ranged" part. It's because we want the actual playstyle/theme/fantasy pertaining to the spec with that same name. And the thing is, neither BM nor MM come even close to how RSV worked/felt to play.

    And btw, NO, I don't want current SV to be reverted. As evident by my signature below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    I dont think hunter needs a 4th spec. I have always said they don't need a new spec, just an alternative MM play style. Just change the talent options to make it similar to how it used to be. such as changing explosive shot to what it was in wrath and put aimed shot on the same line. The reason I dislike MM is because to me it feels like a caster and if I wanted to play a caster I would. I played a SV hunter because of its mobility and lack of reliance on the pet. I dislike BM (and have since launch) because it feels like the pet is doing all the damage not me. Also, let me just say, i dont hate the melee survival spec, it was fun to play... but i dont like playing melee characters either. im basically a tank or the ranged bow user in every MMO I play.
    Those who do like MM wouldn't want it altered just to fit in another playstyle now, would they?

    Besides, simply adding in a few talents won't do much in terms of providing what was the old RSV. It will be a bare-bones, bland version of what we used to have. Not to mention how in the current game, we're supposed to have options to delve deeper into the fantasy/theme.
    Last edited by F Rm; 2020-09-18 at 05:57 AM.

  20. #40
    Just rename current survival to Mercenary or Bounty Hunter and bring back old dot based Survival

    Have the cake and eat it too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •