Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No, they absolutely were not. Legendaries used to be a gamechanger that put the lucky like 0.1% who got them miles ahead of anyone else.

The first time legendaries got dumbed down was the legendary socket and legendary gem in MoP, and even then it was better than many of Slands "legendaries" (in fact azerite armor).
    So what you want, is a system that is completely random and luck based, to give the player who was fortunate enough a massive increase in DPS through no effort on their own, and puts them on a pedestal unobtainable by others unless they get the same kind of luck

...Wait that's Corruption. Didn't we just finish explaining in 20+ seperate threads on why corruption is bad and it toxified the game?

Legiondairies and Shadowlands Legendaries are, while seperate entities, still more fair in their current itteration, then both this random luck of a chance that is corruption, and old school legendaries. You can farm for specific things that help alter your playstyle in interesting ways akin to Azerite Armour and our Talent Rows.

As a reminder, Shadowlands Legendaries aren't a RnG drop, you have to craft them yourself.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Players: borrowed power sucks

Also players: borrowed power isn't powerful enough
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Players: borrowed power sucks

Also players: borrowed power isn't powerful enough
    Oh boy, bullseye.

They made them explicitly weak so you won't feel like shit if you not hit the right one.
    And obtaining them is deterministic meaning you know exactly what you have to do to craft another one vs
    doing a bunch of random shit just to bump your BLP.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Bullcrap.

Most legendaries at Legion start were rubbish, and people actually got frustrated and pissed off if they got prydaz, sephuz, or one of the multitudes of crappy legendaries before getting buffed at 7.1.5 (5 months after release! - https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/patch-715)

Same can happen in Shadowlands, so your argument is absurd.
    Hey don't worry, we had wicked cool Legion legendaries like "your agony ticks faster" and "when you crash lightning 3 enemies you do more damage". Everyone just pretends like Legion was 8.3 "utopia" for the entire expansion, when it was in reality even more scuffed than BFA with the 4 legendary soft cap, the original bug where if you got an early legendary you got subsequent legendaries extremely quickly, only being able to play a single spec for your class properly for months because of the AP grind, and all of the legendaries that were just shit passives. They like to pretend that every fire mage got bracers first and was living in fairyland forever after but the reality was miles away from that. Before you all get salty, Legion is my favourite expansion, but pretending that what I just said isn't objectively true makes you a liar.

They're a mixed bag of situationally broken effects and bad azerite traits. You should be thankful they're not huge dps boosts actually.
    I'm just annoyed they reused some of the shitty azerite bonuses.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-09-15 at 07:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good I don't want borrowed power.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I was exaggerating, they weren’t dumb down they just went from a drop to farmable. That started in Wrath.

Imo I still find thunderfury as a true weapon that felt Legendary cause of it did was just so good for tanks and dps.
    Thunderfury felt legendary because you first had to be incredible lucky twice, then you had to finish a horrible grind. Shadowmourne fell into the same caregory, it was just such a shame it looked like lame shit.
    Fangs of the father were also a good implementation of legendaries.

Since then there hasn't been a legendary that felt legendary. Just pieces of gear you had to farm lest you fall behind.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a lie, they simply aren´t legendarily.

A legendary is an extremely rare item with a very low chance to drop, from a top tier end game boss, or one you will gather over months and lots of gold and help. Only a few lucky ones should have them.

Anything else is just.. gear, orange epics

Would be good to go back to the times when epics were something special too. Maybe only drop from raid bosses. All else blues.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Not a fan of systems that release broken or pointless only to be improved later.
    They are neither broken nor pointless just because they aren't ridiculously powerful...

Why are people on this forum so whiny...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    ... but most warlock legendaries are legendarios from Legion. How are they "weak" if they're the same leggos?
    I mean, they are all weaker versions of their Legion counterparts. So they are weak by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So what you want, is a system that is completely random and luck based, to give the player who was fortunate enough a massive increase in DPS through no effort on their own, and puts them on a pedestal unobtainable by others unless they get the same kind of luck

...Wait that's Corruption. Didn't we just finish explaining in 20+ seperate threads on why corruption is bad and it toxified the game?

Legiondairies and Shadowlands Legendaries are, while seperate entities, still more fair in their current itteration, then both this random luck of a chance that is corruption, and old school legendaries. You can farm for specific things that help alter your playstyle in interesting ways akin to Azerite Armour and our Talent Rows.

As a reminder, Shadowlands Legendaries aren't a RnG drop, you have to craft them yourself.
    fwiw corruption didn't make anything toxic, that's the playerbase's fault

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Thunderfury felt legendary because you first had to be incredible lucky twice, then you had to finish a horrible grind. Shadowmourne fell into the same caregory, it was just such a shame it looked like lame shit.
    Fangs of the father were also a good implementation of legendaries.

Since then there hasn't been a legendary that felt legendary. Just pieces of gear you had to farm lest you fall behind.
    smourne was v underwhelming since any dribbling retard could save the shards in a pug for himself. wotlk legendaries were the template for welfare gimme leggos

Having the legendsries not be game breaking sounds like a good thing. Plus, the base abilities they modify won't need to nerfed to make room for the legendary buff. One outcome from powerful rental gear is blizzard forgets that they nerfed the base ability when the next expansion rolls around and the legendary doesnt exist anymore.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-09-15 at 07:29 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.
    who vendored prydaz and then kicked themselves when prydaz became very good towards the end of the expansion and they hadn't added the vendor yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Maybe they plan on starting them out weak and then building them up in patches? 9.3 adds very powerful legos for example.?
    I hope not, I hope I'm not forced to abandon any that I like just because they power creeped in new OP ones later.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I'm most disapointed that there are no talent enabling ones. Those were the most fun for me back in legion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, they are all weaker versions of their Legion counterparts. So they are weak by definition.
    So i hope english isn't your mother tongue

the bomb dropped on hiroshima was weaker than the bomb dropped on nagasaki. Does that make the hiroshima bomb weak?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's the "lie" though? They said you would get legendaries, you are getting legendaries. Trash tier legendaries to be sure, but legendaries all the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I'm pretty sure OP is only looking at the legendaries available after her first week of grinding in SL.

3+ Year Old Account
    B-but I like my ww monk legendaries...
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Having the legendsries not be game breaking sounds like a good thing. Plus, the base abilities they modify won't need to nerfed to make room for the legendary buff. One outcome from powerful rental gear is blizzard forgets that they nerfed the base ability when the next expansion rolls around and the legendary doesnt exist anymore.
    Exactly.

We do NOT want OP shit items. They are often base for player whining and griefing (he got one I didn't, now I can't compete)
    Like rune of reorigination, assurance of consequence, acranocrystal, good legion legendaries and other retarded op item.