Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,693

    Legendaries are another lie from Blizzard.

    I would be straight. 90% of Legendaries in Shadowlands are trash. They dont feel Legendary at all.

    Blizzard tried to call for our Legion nostalgia with many effects in Shadowlands being the callback to Legion legendaries, but in reality most of these effects a way weaker or changed in the most uninteresting way.

    Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing. Most Shadowlands ones arent.

    For example, Holy Paladin has ZERO actually good legendaries. Couple of them are decent... for a azerite trait passive, the rest are trash not worth picking.

    Most Shadowlands Legendary effects are scuffed versions of talents. Only few of them per class at best are worth of picking, and you can only pick one to use.

    So, in fact, Blizzard just invented another source of grind for little of character power up. Legendary effects dont feel legendary and keep behind the Torghast grind and all other forms of grind.

    All that just to get single weak passive effect.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-15 at 03:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Feel free to not equip any if the effect is so weak and the grind so great.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

  3. #3
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,804
    Maybe they plan on starting them out weak and then building them up in patches? 9.3 adds very powerful legos for example.?

  4. #4
    Mmm weak legendaries like most always were since the start of the game.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would be straight. 90% of Legendaries in Shadowlands are trash. They dont feel Legendary at all.

    Blizzard tried to call for our Legion nostalgia with many effects in Shadowlands being the callback to Legion legendaries, but in reality most of these effects a way weaker or changed in the most uninteresting way.

    Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing. Most Shadowlands ones arent.

    For example, Holy Paladin has ZERO actually good legendaries. Couple of them are decent... for a azerite trait passive, the rest are trash not worth picking.

    Most Shadowlands Legendary effects are scuffed versions of talents. Only few of them per class at best are worth of picking, and you can only pick one to use.

    So, in fact, Blizzard just invented another source of grind for little of character power up. Legendary effects dont feel legendary and keep behind the Torghast grind and all other forms of grind.

    All that just to get single weak passive effect.
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

    This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

    This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    Oh god that is terrible... I was thinking you were exaggerating.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-09-15 at 04:15 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would be straight. 90% of Legendaries in Shadowlands are trash. They dont feel Legendary at all.

    Blizzard tried to call for our Legion nostalgia with many effects in Shadowlands being the callback to Legion legendaries, but in reality most of these effects a way weaker or changed in the most uninteresting way.

    Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing. Most Shadowlands ones arent.

    For example, Holy Paladin has ZERO actually good legendaries. Couple of them are decent... for a azerite trait passive, the rest are trash not worth picking.

    Most Shadowlands Legendary effects are scuffed versions of talents. Only few of them per class at best are worth of picking, and you can only pick one to use.

    So, in fact, Blizzard just invented another source of grind for little of character power up. Legendary effects dont feel legendary and keep behind the Torghast grind and all other forms of grind.

    All that just to get single weak passive effect.
    we have just had an absolute garbage season where all the lucky people got a huge headstart, it was the same in legion, il be delighted if they do not add this feature in sl, im incredibly unlucky, in legion i got bis legos last on the 3 toons i was playing, but in mop i was a world all star with everyone having the same gear, did i all of a sudden suck? no, i lost all enthusiasm by trying to catch up in a system that made you weaker due to nothing other than rng.

    Of course the lucky noobs gonna argue there echoing void doing 33% of there damage on season start was skill, or the bdks with 70% td damage gonna argue that was skill too but frankly, no it wasnt and you didnt deserve the "this guys a god" that you no doubt got from other unaware to what was happening noobs.

    Please blizzard do not boost the lucky noobs so the pros are left behind struggling watching on as there overpowered gear boosts there numbers to an unreplacable amount. remembr all the m+ dungeon lobbies "link r3void or td" what kinda game is that? who wants that? bad players is who because its the only way they can get in the parties by getting lucky on drops.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Mmm weak legendaries like most always were since the start of the game.
    No, they absolutely were not. Legendaries used to be a gamechanger that put the lucky like 0.1% who got them miles ahead of anyone else.

    The first time legendaries got dumbed down was the legendary socket and legendary gem in MoP, and even then it was better than many of Slands "legendaries" (in fact azerite armor).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Feel free to not equip any if the effect is so weak and the grind so great.
    I don't think you understand what it means to play a video game ...?

  10. #10
    Love how much hate this dudes give to blizzard and shadowlands...

    ... but there they'll be at launch, playing the game they hate.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Maybe they plan on starting them out weak and then building them up in patches? 9.3 adds very powerful legos for example.?
    Ahhhh okay so once again we wait for the expansion to be over for our gear to do what it was supposed to do since launch. Very compelling idea I believe you should be a blizz dev.

  12. #12
    Shockbarrier is nice for holy paladin. Such a negative nancy. What you think that one item should completely eclipse the rest of the tool kit? They made add more in patches many of them have 4piece type tier effects so easy to add more of those. Personally the one with 2 hammer charges seems fun to me or reduce the cooldown of blessing by 1 sec per HP spent. But hey i guess you can doom and gloom everything. Why even play?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing.
    Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.

  14. #14
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would be straight. 90% of blah blah bliggety blah
    Do you not understand how a 'lie' works?
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No, they absolutely were not. Legendaries used to be a gamechanger that put the lucky like 0.1% who got them miles ahead of anyone else.

    The first time legendaries got dumbed down was the legendary socket and legendary gem in MoP, and even then it was better than many of Slands "legendaries" (in fact azerite armor).
    I was exaggerating, they weren’t dumb down they just went from a drop to farmable. That started in Wrath.

    Imo I still find thunderfury as a true weapon that felt Legendary cause of it did was just so good for tanks and dps.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing.
    Bullcrap.

    Most legendaries at Legion start were rubbish, and people actually got frustrated and pissed off if they got prydaz, sephuz, or one of the multitudes of crappy legendaries before getting buffed at 7.1.5 (5 months after release! - https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/patch-715)

    Same can happen in Shadowlands, so your argument is absurd.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Maybe they plan on starting them out weak and then building them up in patches? 9.3 adds very powerful legos for example.?
    Not a fan of systems that release broken or pointless only to be improved later.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Love how much hate this dudes give to blizzard and shadowlands...

    ... but there they'll be at launch, playing the game they hate.
    like every junkie, he hates it but needs it to live, junkies just dont have official internet forums to post about it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Not a fan of systems that release broken or pointless only to be improved later.
    thats... kind of like gear works too...

  19. #19
    ... but most warlock legendaries are legendarios from Legion. How are they "weak" if they're the same leggos?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

    This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    Doesn't this pretty specifically it spreads them to a nearby enemy? As in, one? That has nothing to do with Cleave cap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •