Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They actually said there will be new ones added throughout the expansion so hopefully they come up with some good ones.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hold up.
    Did the OP praise Legion's RNG-fest of horseshit that was Legendaries?
    I don't recall feeling very Legendary when I would kill a WQ mob and get the worst possible Legendary for my toon, only to have to "hurry up and wait" for a few weeks until I had enough BLP to hope for the next drop.

Also, doesn't this forum hate when "borrowed power" from completely random sources contributes upwards of 30% or more of throughput?

I mean, if the effects don't "wow" you (hehe, punny), that's one thing.
    I get it, you think they are lame, passive junk that don't excite you.
    Ok.
    But like, getting the two worst Leggos in Legion and being forever behind everyone else based on nothing but absolute uncontrollable RNG to the point where it was almost better to just reroll and try your leggo luck again wasn't exactly the shining moment of that xpac, is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Oh god that is terrible... I was thinking you were exaggerating.
    Pretty sure that's not how it works, though. It says it spreads to a nearby enemy, so if you're targeting mob 1 in a 3 mob group, each hit has a chance to spread the poison to mob 2 or mob 3 equally (for ease of reference). As more mobs are introduced, it would have less chance to hit them all since there's an equal spread of who gets hit by the extra poison, but still pretty good overall. You could probably even make a weak aura or something like it that actually looks at how mobs are being affected.

Do we have any proof that it doesn't work as described by me? I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it myself, I just extrapolated from the data given.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would be straight. 90% of Legendaries in Shadowlands are trash. They dont feel Legendary at all.

Blizzard tried to call for our Legion nostalgia with many effects in Shadowlands being the callback to Legion legendaries, but in reality most of these effects a way weaker or changed in the most uninteresting way.

Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing. Most Shadowlands ones arent.

For example, Holy Paladin has ZERO actually good legendaries. Couple of them are decent... for a azerite trait passive, the rest are trash not worth picking.

Most Shadowlands Legendary effects are scuffed versions of talents. Only few of them per class at best are worth of picking, and you can only pick one to use.

So, in fact, Blizzard just invented another source of grind for little of character power up. Legendary effects dont feel legendary and keep behind the Torghast grind and all other forms of grind.

All that just to get single weak passive effect.
    I have about 4-5 solid legendaries spread around my 3 warlock specs. That was the case for Legion too, while the rest were shit. At least in SL I can pick if I want the shit legendary or the solid one. Win win in my opinion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Pretty sure that's not how it works, though. It says it spreads to a nearby enemy, so if you're targeting mob 1 in a 3 mob group, each hit has a chance to spread the poison to mob 2 or mob 3 equally (for ease of reference). As more mobs are introduced, it would have less chance to hit them all since there's an equal spread of who gets hit by the extra poison, but still pretty good overall. You could probably even make a weak aura or something like it that actually looks at how mobs are being affected.

Do we have any proof that it doesn't work as described by me? I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it myself, I just extrapolated from the data given.

With Shiv Rank 2 Shiv Which now also increases your Nature damage done against the target by 20% for 9 sec.

I can see why they would limit the spread to one npc Per shiv

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having trouble empathizing with the mindset of folks who think of Blizzard as liars, devs should get fired, or are "really worried" about this or that system, item, etc. And by trouble, I mean I am empathizing too much.

I'm not suggesting, in any way, that we shouldn't have negative criticism, but I can't rationalize someone who takes WoW so seriously that they want someone fired, or they view a decision as a lie...this smacks of someone being in a toxic relationship, and it worries me for the posters' sake, like do they need therapy or counseling? I don't wish to make a value judgment here, but...unless you're trolling for lulz, get help, please.

By all means, dislike Blizzard's designs and choices, fucking hate them if you want, but if you take it personal, it's a you issue. And if you hate the game or the design or the choices so much that you need to vent anger in a forum, maybe it just isn't the right game for you anymore.

Soapbox folded up, thanks for reading.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I'm having trouble empathizing with the mindset of folks who think of Blizzard as liars, devs should get fired, or are "really worried" about this or that system, item, etc. And by trouble, I mean I am empathizing too much.

I'm not suggesting, in any way, that we shouldn't have negative criticism, but I can't rationalize someone who takes WoW so seriously that they want someone fired, or they view a decision as a lie...this smacks of someone being in a toxic relationship, and it worries me for the posters' sake, like do they need therapy or counseling? I don't wish to make a value judgment here, but...unless you're trolling for lulz, get help, please.

By all means, dislike Blizzard's designs and choices, fucking hate them if you want, but if you take it personal, it's a you issue. And if you hate the game or the design or the choices so much that you need to vent anger in a forum, maybe it just isn't the right game for you anymore.

Soapbox folded up, thanks for reading.
    Remember when before MoP the devs roughly explained at blizzcon how your daily or weekly life as player would look like? "We've heard you don't like to log in every day to do your daily heroics, well good news, now you can complete 7(?)can't quite remember as badge came from all sources) and then be done!" And it was true. Thre was no catch.
    Since WoD, we have wishy-washy dev interviews, and they are more like advertisers of wow nowadays than gamemakers speaking about the game as to how it works. All you see at blizzcon or in interviews is flat out advertising. And just like Ariel (or Tide if you're amercian?) takes out blood and motor oil and grass and everything from your clothes, Shadowlands will not have AP farm, and will have legendaries etc.
    Did azerite work out as it was advertised? Essences? Corruptions? I think the answer is clear HAHAHHAH, NOPE.

I think it speaks out loud that even content creators on the beta don't even know for sure how your daily/weekly life will look like in details. In practice. Because many things are not even implemented, or don't quite work or something else... They've been on the beta for months, and still we only have just an idea about how end game will look like in practice.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-09-15 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    Same with Rets Divine storm "projectile" legendary.

Doesn't matter shit that it projectiles because the cap is still at 5 lol

It's a slightly stronger piece of gear that you upgrade with currency you have a weekly cap for. It is in sense valor upgrading with a couple extra steps (and people have been asking for a guaranteed upgrade path for their gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    Who woulda thunk it, that Blizzard wouldn't hand you free legendaries that are as powerful as RNG heavy ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Who woulda thunk it, that Blizzard wouldn't hand you free legendaries that are as powerful as RNG heavy ones?
    I love how you will cling to RNG as if it adds anything, don't worry though these developers won't have their jobs for much longer.
    so either way this ends this will be the last expac they develop.
    With how the investor suit against bobby is going i wouldn't be surprised if most of blizzard's senior staff are being investigated for colluding in a conspiracy to commit fraud.
    And then there's the FBI investigation that just began, i hope they packed lube cause it's going to be a very deeply invasive investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    I love how you will cling to RNG as if it adds anything, don't worry though these developers won't have their jobs for much longer.
    so either way this ends this will be the last expac they develop.
    With how the investor suit against bobby is going i wouldn't be surprised if most of blizzard's senior staff are being investigated for colluding in a conspiracy to commit fraud.
    And then there's the FBI investigation that just began, i hope they packed lube cause it's going to be a very deeply invasive investigation.
    Let me guess....you were lurched over your keyboard cackling maniacally as you hit the reply button?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would be straight. 90% of Legendaries in Shadowlands are trash. They dont feel Legendary at all.

Blizzard tried to call for our Legion nostalgia with many effects in Shadowlands being the callback to Legion legendaries, but in reality most of these effects a way weaker or changed in the most uninteresting way.

Legion legendaries on other hand were powerful, worth of grinding, and gameplay changing. Most Shadowlands ones arent.

For example, Holy Paladin has ZERO actually good legendaries. Couple of them are decent... for a azerite trait passive, the rest are trash not worth picking.

Most Shadowlands Legendary effects are scuffed versions of talents. Only few of them per class at best are worth of picking, and you can only pick one to use.

So, in fact, Blizzard just invented another source of grind for little of character power up. Legendary effects dont feel legendary and keep behind the Torghast grind and all other forms of grind.

All that just to get single weak passive effect.
    W..what? tons of these legendaries are super strong, many of these are literally legion legendaries. many of these are old set bonuses buffed, which well... is pretty much what legendaries were, and many of these are torghast powers. and some of these are old talents, no, most are not old talents...
    Also what are you talking about? holy paladin has a fair few good legendaries...

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/legen...ms-shadowlands All powers can be found here, aswell as their inspiration, and no most are not talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    What? it was always hitting 2 targets... Also it duplicates all of your poisons and bleeds onto a nearby enemy every time you shiv... that is super good, imagine if when you as an aff lock got 10 agony, corruption, siphon life, and unstable affliction onto an enemy, then shadowbolting then duplicated these dots onto a nearby enemy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Oh god that is terrible... I was thinking you were exaggerating.
    its actually pretty decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    we have just had an absolute garbage season where all the lucky people got a huge headstart, it was the same in legion, il be delighted if they do not add this feature in sl, im incredibly unlucky, in legion i got bis legos last on the 3 toons i was playing, but in mop i was a world all star with everyone having the same gear, did i all of a sudden suck? no, i lost all enthusiasm by trying to catch up in a system that made you weaker due to nothing other than rng.

Of course the lucky noobs gonna argue there echoing void doing 33% of there damage on season start was skill, or the bdks with 70% td damage gonna argue that was skill too but frankly, no it wasnt and you didnt deserve the "this guys a god" that you no doubt got from other unaware to what was happening noobs.

Please blizzard do not boost the lucky noobs so the pros are left behind struggling watching on as there overpowered gear boosts there numbers to an unreplacable amount. remembr all the m+ dungeon lobbies "link r3void or td" what kinda game is that? who wants that? bad players is who because its the only way they can get in the parties by getting lucky on drops.
    You do know legendaries in shadowlands are crafted right? you can make whatever ione you want, you dont need to worry about RNG like past expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.
    Prydaz was BIS for progression, many top guilds used it cause it right out made fights damage patheticly low, and allowed groups to easily cheese heavy damage phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    In (one of my many) super unpopular opinions, I probably prefer the Legion system all things considered. Sure, it took me 72 days /played to get my Kakushan's, and at that point I was already mostly maining my Druid anyway because everyone knew they were going to be crazy in ToS Mythic, but when they dropped... It was a moment I remember, that's for sure. There's no excitement about earning them in SL, and given they're typically weaker, there's not much excitement for using them, either. Also, if my BiS PvE legendary recipes end up being a PvP drop like multiple of my essences, then I'll be very, very annoyed.

I know this is super subjective, & objectively speaking the SL system is probably a better system, but I'd rather an annoying yet exciting system over a bland one.
    How the fuck can you prefer a system that actively punished you for not playing 24/7?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion legendaries were fun, but they were awfully balanced for the longest time. On top of that, you got them so rarely at the beginning, it felt really bad when you got something that barely did anything for you, when you could have gotten something that basically gave 50% more dps.

I'd rather have legendaries with small boosts, or something that are more utility based. Because Blizzard isn't going to be able to balance them properly. Not after few bigger patches, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Prydaz was BIS for progression, many top guilds used it cause it right out made fights damage patheticly low, and allowed groups to easily cheese heavy damage phases.
    Not saying it was a bad item, but it was bland as hell. We have it as passive Azerite power even.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    If you're an Arcane mage you only get 3 legendaries abd 2 are worse versions of Azerite traits. The third one leads to a degenerate no Arcane Blast plsystyle.

No you have 4.
    2 are based on legiondaries 2 are azerite
    then you have 4 generic mage legendaries

then ontop of that all the covenent based legendaries, and the "All classes" legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Same with Rets Divine storm "projectile" legendary.

Doesn't matter shit that it projectiles because the cap is still at 5 lol
    The projectile has its own 5 cap. so now you can hit 10 enemies instead of 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying it was a bad item, but it was bland as hell. We have it as passive Azerite power even.
    Yes, yes we do, you know what else?

Legion legendaries
    Artifact traits
    Teir sets
    azerite traits
    passive talents
    they were interchangable.
    i could give you a list of powers, and you wouldnt be able to tell what is from what.
    they are all things that just give your class a slight bonus in specific spells.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How the fuck can you prefer a system that actively punished you for not playing 24/7?
    A few reasons. High level PvE content wasn't really balanaced around legendaries until a few patches in, by which point you probably had your leggos anyway. Getting a drop was a serious dopamine rush, & getting the right drop was just incredible because you knew it was super impactful. In comparison, crafting something with a rather average passive effect after a known grind is just more of a checkbox ticked than anything else. I've had a chance to play with pretty much all the legendaries for all the classes I'm interested in on beta, and I'm not going to be like, "oh fuck yeah now I finally have my leaper legs" or something I definitely said that about Leaper shoulders in Legion, but not in a positive way

Like I said earlier, I know better than anyone the downsides of the Legion system. 72 days /played for Kakushan's on my Warrior, at which point I was playing my Druid as a main because Guardian was busted in ToS Mythic. I just missed out on a few rank 1s back in EN because other Warriors I was competing with had the gloves & didn't, but heyo.

So yeah, while Shadowlands is the objectively better system for pretty much everyone, the lack of interesting legendaries paired with a mundane acquisition experience makes it a bit worse for me, even if even for myself it's actually probably better I'm confusing myself at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, yes we do, you know what else?

Legion legendaries
    Artifact traits
    Teir sets
    azerite traits
    passive talents
    they were interchangable.
    i could give you a list of powers, and you wouldnt be able to tell what is from what.
    they are all things that just give your class a slight bonus in specific spells.
    What is warranting all this salt? I never said passive powers are bad, I mentioned they brought back Prydaz as an azerite power. But having something like that as a legendary power is lackluster.

Even tier sets had a bunch of awesome and boring bonuses meshed in together to the point of some classes/specs not caring at all for either 2 or 4 piece bonuses whereas others would be either broken or barely competitive without them.

Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.
    There were worse. At least Prydaz helped you not die to burning hot mistakes.