Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Basically, this is what would happen if average warrior met average mage/warlock

This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Tbf here, all Classes do that.
    True, but the argument that warriors stand on their own just doesn't make sense.

I was always under the impression it was a lack of 'mysticism' or magical ability. its just a guy/girl/whatever, their weapon, armour, & a shield. versus, well, fel, the light, the void, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I assume, but Warriors do share different meanings overall. Hell, Sargeras stated to be the Pantheon's greatest warrior more than once prior to his corruption. So, who knows. Also, Sargeras' fighting style is much more physical and sword based, compared to the rest of the Pantheon.
    Sargeras is definitely in the mold of a Warrior, yes; something he shares with Aggramar. But his bevy of spell-like abilities, intrinsic abilities, and the sheer might of being a Titan also put him well outside (or perhaps better stated, beyond) the scope of what the Warrior class is. It'd be like being a Warrior of a playable race that also intrinsically grants you most of a Mage's abilities by default.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Grom just forget to activate his Protection spec and pick up his shield, Spell Reflection would've made that fight end a bit differently.

But seriously, this was just a case of being flat outclassed - Gul'dan is basically the ur-Warlock.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    In Warcraft a warrior is strongest in a group and with powerful magically enchanted armor.

Even warriors use magic indirectly to make themselves stronger.

But blizzard has never made lore warrior characters match with warrior players characters abilities.

Imo mountains Kings “class” is closer to player warrior than really any warrior character in lore.

lol, how can people even try to classify titans into certain specs.
    they are titans, they are basically gods.
    aggramar was able to easily create grond with magic
    sargeras summoned a fel-storm that was able to destroy the body of the pantheons, in other words, multiple fckn worlds, at once
    titans are magical in nature
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Because all the other classes have characters more powerful than the strongest warriors. With the exception of rogues, monks and hunters. In the cases of Sylvanas, Alleria, and Tyrande, they all get their powers from external sources that have nothing to do with them being hunters.

Dk - Arthas
    Dh - Illidan
    Druid - Malfurion
    Mage - Medivh(just naming one otherwise it would be a long list)
    Paladin - Tirion
    Priest - Velen
    Shaman - Thrall(cataclysm)
    Warlock - Gul'dan

Point is, all those classes have higher potential. Although imo the weakest classes are Warrior > Monk > Hunter > Rogue. So warriors aren't the weakest anyways.

Azshara was stronger than Mannoroth. Weaker than Archimonde. Definitely a lot weaker than Sargeras.
    Now that I think about ti, Aegwynn was a better example of mages!

cause when warriors are having fun noone else does!
    We are suppose to live a life like that,where a slight buff turns us into unstopabble machines of flesh harvest

It depends how you want to measure that power.

In a one on one fight, a warrior might be powerful. But a rogue could sneak up and catch the warrior off guard and end the fight before it begins. A mage can cast a spell that destroys several enemies at once without having to even get near them - but a well-aimed arrow from a distant hunter might be all it takes to finish them off, and kill said mage. Does that make the hunter more powerful, even if he can't rain ice from the sky to destroy an army?

The one thing Warriors do seem somewhat better than average at killing are big monsters; Grom vs Mannoroth (twice), Varian vs Onyxia or the Fel Reaver, Garrosh vs that Twilight Dragon, stuff like that. This makes sense as they tend to use big, sharp and enchanted weapons that can pierce the hide of these monsters which may be magic resistant.

Against enemy casters that can disable them with a single spell, yeah, Warriors are just shit.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

All of those warriors were magically empowered or assisted in some way. There was also Mag'har Grom getting a lucky crit on Mannoroth after he ate an Iron Star, but 1. That was more for cutscene brevity and 2. he was going to die if it wasn't for Garrosh's prior timeline knowledge.

It's a fair point/question as to whether warriors can be among the strongest with the right equipment, and you could argue that's the case given they're likely the most strategically minded and combat-experienced, but people are judging their relative power based on the "base" concept of them.

I'm not sure how canon spell reflection. ignore pain, double charges, skyhold jumping, odins fury, bladestorms/ravagers, avatars, shockwaves etc., are
    I think they are unlikely canon given what we have seen in cutscenes/movies
    Even Varian used no cool abilities when fighting fel reavers etc., only his swords

It seems they have something along the lines of particularly strong expression of Titan genes, making them akin to hercules (or thor with far less lightning perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

A warrior would roflstomp a warlock change my mind

Infact, They dont even need to puny cast timer to fear someone they can just scream and everyone is feared
    grom required demon blood (aka magic), garrosh used the power of an old gold (aka magic) to achieve that, broxigar only wounded sargeras because he had a magic axe called the axe of cenarius, varian had magic swords and it's not like a fel reaver is that powerful compared to faction leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    True, but the argument that warriors stand on their own just doesn't make sense.
    you could even make a case that priests are more courageous than warriors. they don't go out to a battlefield with half-inch thick magical plate-mail. they are just in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    lol, how can people even try to classify titans into certain specs.
    they are titans, they are basically gods.
    aggramar was able to easily create grond with magic
    sargeras summoned a fel-storm that was able to destroy the body of the pantheons, in other words, multiple fckn worlds, at once
    titans are magical in nature
    Yes, they are magical...

Warriors can also be magical. Your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom is alive
    Grommash Hellscream (AU Grom) possibly died to Yrel and her Lightforged Draenei in the Mag'har Allied Race quest.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Blizzard can make an npc as powerful as they want, nothing stops them of making a warrior spell reflect everything in a battle because its a faction leader and they can do that.
    Or making a rogue just stab someone in the face.
    Or a warlock to just cast a rain of infernals in the middle of stormwind.
    Or...
    Thats why blizzard is trying to not make a lot of magical faction leaders these days, because "why dont they do this and win the war".
    Class vs class has never followed any logical rules and they will never do because every class would do this and you die

I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver
    Grom had to juice on Demon Blood to do that, basically magical doping.

Garrosh did not conquer Azeroth, not even Kalimdor, but even if, he would have done it with an ARMY, not alone. His strength as a tactician does not make him able to defeat people that can kill him with magic (as Thrall quite clearly demonstrated)

Varian was in a good position, so he could hit the Fel Reaver on his head and in the end those things are not that dangerous.

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

A warrior would roflstomp a warlock change my mind
    A warrior would be busy with the Fel Guard that protects the Warlock, not long, but long enough for the Warlock to cast a few spells that would rip the Warriors soul out or set him on fire.