Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver
    Grom did that with the second helping of Fel steroids, Garrosh did that with an army (that he repeatedly tried to empower with some kind of magic), Broxigar did so with an axe empowered by Azeroth itself and Varian did so with the power of gravity.

A warrior would roflstomp a warlock change my mind
    Your very own example of a Warrior going "super saiyan" got flat out disenchanted by a Warlock 20 second later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    It is far fetched comparison, but by that measure:
    Azshara was a mage and on par with Sargerass.
    Velen is a priest and on par with Kil'jaden and Archimonde.
    Malfurion is a druid on par with Archimonde. (War of the Ancients ref. her)
    Illidan is a DH and stronger than Malf.
    Arthas is a DK and stronger than Illidan!
    Thrall is a shaman and stronger than Garrosh.
    Gul'dan was a lock and stronger than Duratan!

So, you see, Warriors not that strong! haha :P
    Erm... Azshara was on par with Mannoroth, not Sargeras, Velen is definitely not on par with Fel-infused Kil'jaeden and Archimonde, Malfurion is not on par with Archimonde, the combined power of all the wisps are.

Nice try anyways lol

Because all the other classes have characters more powerful than the strongest warriors. With the exception of rogues, monks and hunters. In the cases of Sylvanas, Alleria, and Tyrande, they all get their powers from external sources that have nothing to do with them being hunters.

Dk - Arthas
    Dh - Illidan
    Druid - Malfurion
    Mage - Medivh(just naming one otherwise it would be a long list)
    Paladin - Tirion
    Priest - Velen
    Shaman - Thrall(cataclysm)
    Warlock - Gul'dan

Point is, all those classes have higher potential. Although imo the weakest classes are Warrior > Monk > Hunter > Rogue. So warriors aren't the weakest anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    It is far fetched comparison, but by that measure:
    Azshara was a mage and on par with Sargerass.
    Velen is a priest and on par with Kil'jaden and Archimonde.
    Malfurion is a druid on par with Archimonde. (War of the Ancients ref. her)
    Illidan is a DH and stronger than Malf.
    Arthas is a DK and stronger than Illidan!
    Thrall is a shaman and stronger than Garrosh.
    Gul'dan was a lock and stronger than Duratan!

So, you see, Warriors not that strong! haha :P
    Azshara was stronger than Mannoroth. Weaker than Archimonde. Definitely a lot weaker than Sargeras.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

Infact, They dont even need to puny cast timer to fear someone they can just scream and everyone is feared
    You answered to yourself.. Those are all dead lol

10+ Year Old Account

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

Infact, They dont even need to puny cast timer to fear someone they can just scream and everyone is feared
    If I remember correctly, every feat you listed was achieved with the assistance of magic in some way. Grom had magic demon blood, Garrosh didn't "nearly conquer Azeroth" all by his lonesome, he had a vast army that included magic users, Broxigar had a magic axe, and I think there was something with Varian and a Wolf Spirit? I honestly can't remember that bit but I remember Lo'gash or something.

So yeah, warriors can do things when they have magical assistance. They're basically limited to "I'm going to hit this with something, and hopefully that something is something good". Magic basically bends reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You don't parry a big 2h axe with daggers - she would not have been able to stand toe to toe with him without the Jailer's powers
    In WoW you do. Besides, Sylv drew first blood in the first few seconds of the combat. She could've delivered the killing blow then, but instead opted to toy with Saurfang because she wanted him to suffer. Even the one strike Saurfang did manage to get through was due to trickery; Sylv didn't anticipate Shalamayne to disassemble into two. It's even evident Saurfang knew he was going to lose the duel, only going for it to get Sylvanas to act dishonorably before a crowd.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

You don't parry a big 2h axe with daggers - she would not have been able to stand toe to toe with him without the Jailer's powers
    Undead in WoW have always been abnormally strong. Vide them being able to rip people apart (or wolves, like Sylvanas did in War Crimes) or a bunch of unarmed ghouls being able to kill even soldiers in plate armor. And to add to @Zuben's point, had Sylvanas not toyed with Saurfang by blocking his attacks to show him how hopeless he is, she'd just focused on nimbleness and avoided all of his attacks just like she did in her fight with Bolvar.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-09-15 at 11:58 AM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Yes, they are strong. Not as strong as a charging Orc
    True. They are stronger. Hence the "abnormal" part. As I added in my edit, the undead in WoW can rip people and animals barehanded, which requires superhuman strength. Likewise, unarmed ghouls repeatedly slaughtered even soldiers in plate armor, even though if you sicked a bunch of unarmed, unarmored peasants on a knight in plate armor IRL the peasants would get to meet their maker rather soon.

I'm not saying Saurfang would've beaten regular Sylvanas, she'd probably beat most people 1v1 - but it's pretty obvious the Jailer's power played a big part in her victory
    Only because Blizzard wants to give her more and more powers each time she gets to do something to showcase how kewl she is (because apparently doing so with already established powers and maybe showing how they evolved since last time is passe). Other than this (rather weird) hype building strategy the Jailer empowerment wasn't even remotely needed for her to win that fight. She shouldn't have had any troubles killing him even with the powers she had while still enslaved by the Scourge, as she was outright breaking bones with her voice at that point already.

Or just by using the aforementioned nimbleness. Just look at her fight with Genn, who's likely a better fighter than Saurfang, because his old fart status is countered by his Worgen blood. Aside from the slap on her face (that didn't even leave a scratch, despite the fact he killed Felguards with those very claws days earlier) after his surprise attack from the shadows, Sylvanas outright did somersaults above him while precisely shooting arrows at him. And Bolvar didn't land a single blow on her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Who's saying Warrior is the weakest class? I feel like no class can be considered weak? I mean Warriors at least in WoW are based off of the Fighter and Barbarian classes in D&D? Pretty sure Barbarian is OP as hell xD

5+ Year Old Account

Here you go bud 1:14

Lmao Y’all Guldan killed Varian AFTER he destroyed a fel reaver and killed lots of demons, he was exhausted

Medivh died from being stabbed with a sword

Azshara almost died because she fell into the water

Malfurion got owned by fandral then captured by Xavius, afterwards loses to sadfang

Thrall is depressed
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Lmao Y’all Guldan killed Varian AFTER he destroyed a fel reaver and killed lots of demons, he was exhausted
    Pretty sure exhaustion isn't a factor when your entire body is turned into dust by Fel magic. It'd be like saying that exhaustion makes you more flammable in general, or that being tired makes you more vulnerable to being pulped by a pneumatic press. It's just not a factor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I mean...

Aggramar and Sargeras are technically Warriors. Just fel infused Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

"Azshara was a mage and on par with Sargerass."

lol no

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    This is the core fantasy of a warrior (and the reason i, personally main one). Warriors don't have to cower in the shadows or hide behind pets, minions or demons. They do not bow to light, chi, void or elements and nature, nor twisting fire, ice, arcane or fel. Just good ol' iron and blood, generally te only not coward class in wow.
    Instead they usually cower behind magical weapons and armor

Medivh died from being stabbed with a sword

Azshara almost died because she fell into the water

Malfurion got owned by fandral then captured by Xavius, afterwards loses to sadfang

Thrall is depressed
    People like to downplay Fel Reavers here, despite the fact smaller ones can use the force of a Collapsing Star.

Azshara is different, cause she drowned after nearly holding the entire planet's oceans for a couple of minutes. All while defending her people and being taunted by the N'Zoth fish.

Malfurion got clapped by 2 powerful Nightmare empowered druids. It's kinda different. Also, mind you, that Xavius is the Nightmare Lord himself. Empowered into a Satyr by Sargeras himself.

And Thrall is more of a Warrior now, yes. There's a reason why the Player Character wielded the Doomhammer in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Instead they usually cower behind magical weapons and armor
    Tbf here, all Classes do that.

rogues and hunters are the weakest.

for rogues its kinda their class fantasy.
    and hunters probably have the smallest sample size available, can't think of a single hunter character that has done something amazing. (unless you count people like tyrande and sylvanas as hunters, but i think most people would consider hunter to be their secondary class)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean...

Aggramar and Sargeras are technically Warriors. Just fel infused Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

"Azshara was a mage and on par with Sargerass."

lol no
    As Titans, I think Aggramar and Sargeras go well beyond the constraints of simply "being Warriors." Titans are capable of advanced and powerful magic as part and parcel of what they are - such as Aggramar pooling together the Elemental energies of primordial Draenor and creating Grond to contend with the Evergrowth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Grom is alive
    Grom was also bested by gul’dan with little
    Effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom is alive
    Not the grom you mentioned, the one that fought cenarius is dead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As Titans, I think Aggramar and Sargeras go well beyond the constraints of simply "being Warriors." Titans are capable of advanced and powerful magic as part and parcel of what they are - such as Aggramar pooling together the Elemental energies of primordial Draenor and creating Grond to contend with the Evergrowth.
    I assume, but Warriors do share different meanings overall. Hell, Sargeras stated to be the Pantheon's greatest warrior more than once prior to his corruption. So, who knows. Also, Sargeras' fighting style is much more physical and sword based, compared to the rest of the Pantheon.