Void torrent not affecting DP

maybe this has been said in a post before but i didnt see it. currently the talent Void torrent isnt refreshing the durration of devouring plague, anyone know if its just a bug or working as intended?

Wasn’t this changed to Void Torrent applying Devouring Plague instead of refreshing its duration?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wasn’t this changed to Void Torrent applying Devouring Plague instead of refreshing its duration?
    dosnt say anything about that, all it says is that it refreshes the duration of your shadow dots on the target

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    dosnt say anything about that, all it says is that it refreshes the duration of your shadow dots on the target
    It's a planned change but doesn't look like it's been pushed onto either beta or PTR, so the talent is essentially currently broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    It's a planned change but doesn't look like it's been pushed onto either beta or PTR, so the talent is essentially currently broken.
    ah ok i must have missed that post, ty for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    ah ok i must have missed that post, ty for the info
    Just for additional context in case you are unaware, Devouring Plague now adds the damage remaining on the previous cast to the new Devouring Plague application, and with the ability to get 3 Devouring Plagues on a target in quick succession, refreshing it to its original duration could potentially be way too strong for damage funneling. This change applies a new application of Devouring Plague instead, meaning that there won't be as much damage from the initial applications left on the DoT from the handful globals it took to apply them, if that makes sense. Essentially, once live, the original intended functionality of Void Torrent should still be there - all your dots will be put to their original duration upon cast - but the way it handles it for Devouring Plague should not be broken with the recent changes to how Devouring Plague works.

On PTR, Void Torrent neither applies nor refreshes DP. Apparently applying DP is the intended design, but hasn't been properly implement yet.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    On PTR, Void Torrent neither applies nor refreshes DP. Apparently applying DP is the intended design, but hasn't been properly implement yet.
    In beta it doesn’t do this either. Seems to be bugged.

Another note: I really tried to play with Void Torrent at level 60 with all the Conduits and the Covenant skill, but it doesn’t fit into the rotation. Shadow at max level has a serious skill bloat and to fit Void Torrent into the rotation is difficult and imho not worth it. I very much liked this ability, but you have so many other buttons to press and procs that this skill won’t be that useful imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In beta it doesn’t do this either. Seems to be bugged.

Another note: I really tried to play with Void Torrent at level 60 with all the Conduits and the Covenant skill, but it doesn’t fit into the rotation. Shadow at max level has a serious skill bloat and to fit Void Torrent into the rotation is difficult and imho not worth it. I very much liked this ability, but you have so many other buttons to press and procs that this skill won’t be that useful imho.
    As long as Mindbender stays ridiculously overpowered (or shadowfiend underpowered) there isn't a reason to pick any of the other talents in that row anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    As long as Mindbender stays ridiculously overpowered (or shadowfiend underpowered) there isn't a reason to pick any of the other talents in that row anyway.
    I think even if not, it would be incredibly hard to find a place in a rotation for Void Torrent. If you’re using the Conduits that let Mindflay proc Voidbolt and Mindblast proc Devouring Plague, you have so many buttons to press that you just don’t have time for Void Torrent.

This was changed to increased damage, replacing the DoT refresh.