Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
I never said I didn't use those. I've been using mouseover to heal while healing for years, ever since I started using Vuhdo and could just plug the spell in to be a mouseover without having to worry about the macro part. I can then have the enemy targeted 100% of the time. That doesn't really have to do with my issues a whole lot. It's not the actual mechanics of healing. It's the part about your mental focus having to change repeatedly between healing and dealing damage, when to do which, going back and forth, how to learn not to tunnel one or the other, etc.

The healing part is easy.
The damage dealing part is also easy.
It's the constant going back and forth between them that I've not yet gotten comfortable with.
Fair enough, coming from the time when DPSing was a way to mana regen as a healer, that was always natural to me. My only advice on that note would be to have a simple rotation or priority you can do without focus (such as DPS) and do that while monitoring health bars - if anything drops too low for Atonement healing, swap to healing until problem is solved.

I'd say it's not about learning to go back and forth, but rather entirely about how to not tunnel, which I think is about feeling comfortable with your rotation so that you can move away from having to think about what to do next.