Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Id love to see the percentage of players who get the meta achiev mount when its relevant content.. Id be willing to bet its pretty small.
    Because they don't care... I literally pugged the EP glory because my guild didn't do it, done by achievement hunting community that didn't even have any strict requirements, it's done on normal mode so you don't even need a lot of gear just don't take the piss.

    I'd say most people don't have it because they cba dedicating 2-3 hours to get 1 mount. Which is still much less effort than doing all m+ on 15, getting pvp mount or getting mythic raid mount (if not bought carry), all of these take much longer than 3 hours.

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Content type - yes. Difficulty - no.
    In PvP you can have 2 mounts per season with RBG rating. But saddle mount pretty farmable even with low skill in pvp.
    enlighten me on these mounts you can get with RBG rating?

  3. #43
    LOL there is no "item" rewards in pvp...just one single title for the rank 1, and some random grind mounts, the rest is meaningless things that reset every now and then so who cares
    if it was some cool consumables why not but a temporary low tier title, yikes

    imo the best reward in game is the feeling of accomplishment when killing a hard boss or being in the top of the pvp ladder
    in that regard they shall really put in game ladder for everyone to see who are the top 100 players per realm for each activity
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-09-15 at 05:52 PM.

  4. #44
    Its funny how some people against ADDING content. ONE MORE MOUNT. Not removing something, not punishing casuals with more hardcore gaming, not making more grind. Just against one more mount.

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because they don't care... I literally pugged the EP glory because my guild didn't do it, done by achievement hunting community that didn't even have any strict requirements, it's done on normal mode so you don't even need a lot of gear just don't take the piss.

    I'd say most people don't have it because they cba dedicating 2-3 hours to get 1 mount. Which is still much less effort than doing all m+ on 15, getting pvp mount or getting mythic raid mount (if not bought carry), all of these take much longer than 3 hours.
    So your argument is changing from reward per difficulty to reward per time spent? Again... like, what?

  6. #46
    eh, pvpers get new mount to add to their hundreds of mounts, while pvers get new CONTENT... seems like pvpers are still on the shitty end of stick...

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    LOL there is no rewards in pvp...just one single title for the rank 1, and some random grind mounts, the rest is meaningless things that reset every now and then so who cares
    imo the best reward in game is the feeling of accomplishment when killing a hard boss or being in the top of the pvp ladder
    in that regard they shall really put in game ladder for everyone to see who are the top 100 players per realm for each activity
    They already have that. Its call warcraftlogs and raider.io

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    So top pvp players get gladiator mount, top mythic+ crowd gets 15key mount. And what about top mythic raiders? Only glory mount which any normal raider can get.
    WoW pretty seasonal now, so where is my seasonal reward?
    Blizzard adding dozens of mounts as drops from faceroll rares in open world. Is it THAT HARD to add mythic mount every season? ONE MOUNT.
    Mythic 15 key mount is certainly not on the level of gladiator mounts. So if we remove that, it kind of means you only get that special reward for pvp, which there is some logic to it, as that seems to be the hardest accollade in the game.

    Mythic raiding sometimes gives you 100% chance for a mount that gets lowered to 1% or less later on. It's always been this way and it's fine imo. On top of that you get Curve/Cutting Edge and Famed titles for top100 guilds. Sounds like enough.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    The game is the reward. Like wtf are you talking about?
    The game isn't a reward if you pay 20$ a month to play it lmao.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh, pvpers get new mount to add to their hundreds of mounts, while pvers get new CONTENT... seems like pvpers are still on the shitty end of stick...
    PVEers get plenty of mounts as well.. dont worry.

    All of the faction mounts, all of the dungeon drop mounts.. etc

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Youre obviously very out of touch with wow pvp, which i knew as soon as you were unaware that Glad isnt 0.5% of the bracket anymore.

    Its almost impossible to go under 1400 mmr even if you lose EVERY GAME. you literally start at 1500. If you started at 0 mmr (you dont) then maybe 1500 would be middle of the pack.

    With the way they changed the brackets, the average player is honestly 2000-2400.

    Titles used to be purely percent based.. Now, the onl percent based title is "rank 1" at 0.1%.

    Everything else was changed to a rating threshold. 1400 = combatant, 1600 = challenger, 1800 = rival, 2100 = duelist, 2400 = ELITE, 2400+ 50 wins at or above 2400 = glad.
    so,if the projected average is below 1400,and the hard lower limit is 1400,what would the average be? I'm sure you can guess if you try hard enough.

    But that's even implying that this limit exists to begin with,as you can get far below 1000,there are many players below 1000,I can even link you armory profiles of people below 200 MMR,if you'd like

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    They already have that. Its call warcraftlogs and raider.io
    yes and check-pvp and wowprogress but it would be great to have it integrated in the game world, it's part of the game and going to some websites plugged at an API to see the top ladders is clunky

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Youre obviously very out of touch with wow pvp, which i knew as soon as you were unaware that Glad isnt 0.5% of the bracket anymore.

    Its almost impossible to go under 1400 mmr even if you lose EVERY GAME. you literally start at 1500. If you started at 0 mmr (you dont) then maybe 1500 would be middle of the pack.

    With the way they changed the brackets, the average player is honestly 2000-2400.

    Titles used to be purely percent based.. Now, the onl percent based title is "rank 1" at 0.1%.

    Everything else was changed to a rating threshold. 1400 = combatant, 1600 = challenger, 1800 = rival, 2100 = duelist, 2400 = ELITE, 2400+ 50 wins at or above 2400 = glad.
    Just playing devil's advocate for a minute; how do you define an average player? Average player from everyone who plays WoW, average player that plays PvP extensively, average player that does weekly content for PvP caps?

    I looked up a site called PvPLeaderboards (disclaimer, I have no idea if it is a solid source, but the page said the update was from today), and there are about 500 players in the 2v2 bracket >2400, about 225 in the RBG group, and at least 500 in the 3V3, the page was having trouble loading past there.

    Since 3v3 is the most popular form of PvP, we can assume that it is well more than 500 (the rating at 500 was around 2800). I'm going to go with about 1000, heck, let's round it up to 1275, which gives us 2000 players at around 2400 rating (this is all US only, I didn't check the EU boards).

    So it is logical to assume that in the US, there are around 2000 players at 2400 rating or higher. The US WoW population is probably around 1 million players. Even if only 10% are active PvPers, that means only 2% of US active PvPers are at 2400 or higher. But heck, say 10,000 people are at 2400 in the US, and that is still just 10% of the WOW active PvPers, based on my unscientific stats.

    The only way for 2400 to be the middle of the pack is if the pack only consists of about 5-10K players, so back to my original question, how do you define an average player?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Its funny how some people against ADDING content. ONE MORE MOUNT. Not removing something, not punishing casuals with more hardcore gaming, not making more grind. Just against one more mount.
    there is a reason why they do it the way they do it. because they don't want people endlessly farming old raids. running one extra a week is bad enough, can you imagine having to run every mythic raid every week for 10/20 weeks? no thanks.

    also, your system totally punishes casuals with more hardcore gaming because they would have to run old raids which still require a high level of effort. The top guilds would all be fine, they would absolutely steamroll through it. but the casual guilds? nope, they would all struggle.

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    so,if the projected average is below 1400,and the hard lower limit is 1400,what would the average be? I'm sure you can guess if you try hard enough.

    But that's even implying that this limit exists to begin with,as you can get far below 1000,there are many players below 1000,I can even link you armory profiles of people below 200 MMR,if you'd like
    So, do you know the difference in MMR and CR?

    you start at 1500 MMR and 0 CR. I guarantee you that there is NOONE in wow with 200 MMR..

    You literally just have to play games to get to 1500 CR. youll eventually get there. Therefore, 1400-1500 is low end. 2200-2500 is middle pack 2600 - 3k+ is top end, with the top .01% beging above 3100 atm.

    you really know nothing about the way pvp works in wow do you? lol. Why are you arguing something you know little about?

  16. #56
    Tbh the less exclusive fomo-bait is added to the game the better imho.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  17. #57
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate for a minute; how do you define an average player? Average player from everyone who plays WoW, average player that plays PvP extensively, average player that does weekly content for PvP caps?

    I looked up a site called PvPLeaderboards (disclaimer, I have no idea if it is a solid source, but the page said the update was from today), and there are about 500 players in the 2v2 bracket >2400, about 225 in the RBG group, and at least 500 in the 3V3, the page was having trouble loading past there.

    Since 3v3 is the most popular form of PvP, we can assume that it is well more than 500 (the rating at 500 was around 2800). I'm going to go with about 1000, heck, let's round it up to 1275, which gives us 2000 players at around 2400 rating (this is all US only, I didn't check the EU boards).

    So it is logical to assume that in the US, there are around 2000 players at 2400 rating or higher. The US WoW population is probably around 1 million players. Even if only 10% are active PvPers, that means only 2% of US active PvPers are at 2400 or higher. But heck, say 10,000 people are at 2400 in the US, and that is still just 10% of the WOW active PvPers, based on my unscientific stats.

    The only way for 2400 to be the middle of the pack is if the pack only consists of about 5-10K players, so back to my original question, how do you define an average player?
    What i mean by average player is the average person who actually Qs pvp in world of warcraft. I wouldnt be talking about someone who qs 4 games in a season would I? How would that make sense?

    Just look at the ladder on worldofwarcraft.com. lol

    there are 991 "ranks+ on the ladder. However, there can be multiple of each rank due to the fact that if 2 people are for example, 2400, they have the same "rank".

    2710 cr is the last rank on the ladder. You can be sure that there is AT LEAST 1,000 spots on the ladder and the lowest is 2710.

    You can assume t he number of people at 2400+ is way higher than 2000, based on that information.

    Also i said the average player is likely 2000-2400 in my post.. I didnt explicitly say 2400.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 06:13 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there is a reason why they do it the way they do it. because they don't want people endlessly farming old raids. running one extra a week is bad enough, can you imagine having to run every mythic raid every week for 10/20 weeks? no thanks.

    also, your system totally punishes casuals with more hardcore gaming because they would have to run old raids which still require a high level of effort. The top guilds would all be fine, they would absolutely steamroll through it. but the casual guilds? nope, they would all struggle.
    Sounds like casuals obligated to farm every mount/toy/transmog in game. Its a choice. I dont raid in 8.3 coz NZoth mount sucks. I farmed BDA for a mount coz I liked Jainas mount.
    Blizzard dont mind adding tons of low drops in open world. Hours to spawn with 1% drop. Casuals farm all of them? I dont think so.

    Mythic raiding mount invites more people to the game. Raiders. Buyers.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    So, do you know the difference in MMR and CR?

    you start at 1500 MMR and 0 CR. I guarantee you that there is NOONE in wow with 200 MMR..

    You literally just have to play games to get to 1500 CR. youll eventually get there. Therefore, 1400-1500 is low end. 2200-2500 is middle pack 2600 - 3k+ is top end, with the top .01% beging above 3100 atm.

    you really know nothing about the way pvp works in wow do you? lol. Why are you arguing something you know little about?
    CR is current rating,which describes your current MMR at the time of checking,pretending it's a different thing from MMR is equal parts pedantic and wrong

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh, pvpers get new mount to add to their hundreds of mounts, while pvers get new CONTENT... seems like pvpers are still on the shitty end of stick...
    Pvpers get UNIQUE stuff. Mounts, transmogs, illusions. Pvers get solo farmable in later addon stuff.

    Wanna have Invincible? Some people get it in the first run. Wanna old glad mount? Bad news for you.
    This system was never fare to collectors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •