Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

My thoughts on the other side of Azeroth

I think that Blizz should address the other side of Azeroth. I like the idea of the way the cosmological forces are being written, but we could also have a whole new opportunities on the other side. Something like a proto-Azeroth, where the Keepers created proto-types and would later be perfected on Kalimdor (Blizz can easily add something like this, just look at Void Elves). For example, we can see a race that is the missing link between Trolls and Elves, or Humans and Vrykul. We can also have intelligent/evolved version of races that are considered a bit dumb by us: Gnolls, Yetis (I imagine their evolved versions looking like the Qunari from Dragon Age) or even completely new races, like a humanoid T-Rex. For the story, we can have it explained that the other side was hidden ina realm similar to the Elemental Planes, and something happens that connects us.

What do you think?

Are you a flat earther? Because saying there's another side to azeroth's map is like saying there's another side to earth's map.

The in-game map is a flat representation of a round globe, just like earth. There is no other side.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Are you a flat earther? Because saying there's another side to azeroth's map is like saying there's another side to earth's map.

The in-game map is a flat representation of a round globe, just like earth. There is no other side.
    Kinda, but not quite. The ocean between the Veiled and Forbidding Seas is supposedly bigger than the Great Sea, and it's mostly unexplored. So while one should not expect the "other side" to be as populated as what's known, Blizzard could very easily introduce new landmasses in there.

Or anywhere, really, it's not like they can't summon something new through a portal, raise it from the ocean or bring it from space.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Kinda, but not quite. The ocean between the Veiled and Forbidding Seas is supposedly bigger than the Great Sea, and it's mostly unexplored. So while one should not expect the "other side" to be as populated as what's known, Blizzard could very easily introduce new landmasses in there.

Or anywhere, really, it's not like they can't summon something new through a portal, raise it from the ocean or bring it from space.
    Then, call it the edges of the map.

This. There is no "other side of Azeroth." The 2-dimensional map we see wraps around a globe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This. There is no "other side of Azeroth." The 2-dimensional map we see wraps around a globe.
    I’ve always thought that made Azeroth horribly tiny. They need to think of something because soon they’ll run out of things to add to the world. I’ve always wanted an Australian like continent on Azeroth as there is a distinctive lack of that kind of fauna, prehistoric or otherwise.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I’ve always thought that made Azeroth horribly tiny. They need to think of something because soon they’ll run out of things to add to the world. I’ve always wanted an Australian like continent on Azeroth as there is a distinctive lack of that kind of fauna, prehistoric or otherwise.
    They can stick another several "island" continents on the map ezpz, they will just expand the map to accommodate, not the first time.

Though as things stand now - next few expansions seem to be gearing up for visiting outer forces domains.

Guys...guys...I have an idea.

The other side of Azeroth: The Dragon Isles!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Guys...guys...I have an idea.

The other side of Azeroth: The Dragon Isles!
    i always thought that the Dragon Isles would be floating islands high in the sky
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-09-06 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the maps presented in the Chronicles series of books the definitive answer to this?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Damn, would be cool to see what's on the other side of this map:

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    Aren't the maps presented in the Chronicles series of books the definitive answer to this?
    That's right.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-09-06 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Damn, would be cool to see what's on the other side of this map:
    Tadaaa! :

You mean the kind of fauna that is decidedly bigger then european standards and out to kill you, me and anything else?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The answer is that there is no answer. Blizz has no fucking idea and argues with themselves about it in the office.

https://youtu.be/3F3tO_944Lc?t=11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You mean the kind of fauna that is decidedly bigger then european standards and out to kill you, me and anything else?
    Exactly that kind!
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Exactly that kind!
    But those are everywhere in Azeroth anyway?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

If I remember correctly you can see the globe in Algalon room and Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom are both visible on other half the globe so there is a room for what ever landmass on the other side also if Northrend is on the North pole of Azeroth then there is missing South pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will make it up as they go along anyway, so it makes 0 difference what is already established in the lore or books. They will change it in a heartbeat if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There is nothing wrong with saying "the other side of Azeroth". Spheres have "other side", which is technically the side we're not currently looking at.

i think "the other side" theories are just redundant. no need to have a mysterious other side when a new continent already appears out of thin air every couple of years.