Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Just look at the ladder on worldofwarcraft.com. lol

there are 991 "ranks+ on the ladder. However, there can be multiple of each rank due to the fact that if 2 people are for example, 2400, they have the same "rank".

2710 cr is the last rank on the ladder. You can be sure that there is AT LEAST 1,000 spots on the ladder and the lowest is 2710.

You can assume t he number of people at 2400+ is way higher than 2000, based on that information.

Also i said the average player is likely 2000-2400 in my post.. I didnt explicitly say 2400.
    1. Thanks for the polite response! Sometimes you never know what you're going to get XD
    2. Thanks for the info about the WoW leaderboard; I was clueless to it.
    3. I'll still hold that for average, you are probably just looking at active PvPers; I really don't think there are a few hundred thousand people floating around at 2K CR.

I thought about going for the mount in SL because it is really awesome, but I stink. I'd be geeked if I hit 1800 rating. And if I did, everyone I beat should be ashamed
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    1. Thanks for the polite response! Sometimes you never know what you're going to get XD
    2. Thanks for the info about the WoW leaderboard; I was clueless to it.
    3. I'll still hold that for average, you are probably just looking at active PvPers; I really don't think there are a few hundred thousand people floating around at 2K CR.

I thought about going for the mount in SL because it is really awesome, but I stink. I'd be geeked if I hit 1800 rating. And if I did, everyone I beat should be ashamed
    The average person who participates in rated pvp.

Just play the game..

PVP is repetition and learning what button to press and when. Play the game and youll get better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    CR is current rating,which describes your current MMR at the time of checking,pretending it's a different thing from MMR is equal parts pedantic and wrong
    I swear youre trolling.. Or you genuinely think you know how wow cr / mmr works in wow, but you dont. lol.

Wow CR and MMR are 2 separate entities. I can be 2600 CR with 2900 MMR.. OR i can be 2600 CR with 2400 MMR... since the game averages the mmr of all 3 players.

You dont gain 1 point of mmr per 1 point of cr. You also dont lose it at an euql ratio. You can literally be like 1200 Cr with 2400 mmr if you win all of your matchmaking games (first 10 games played in a season).
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 06:31 PM.

who care about the 0.5% of the players who do mythic etc ? oh yeah, only you the 0.5% care about it..
    the reward should be the satisfaction to have done the mythic stuff by the way, why do you need a medal for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    top 0.5% isn't mid pack and I can mathematically prove it to you....but you should be able to see it for yourself
    no we have people that think if you cant parse 99th percentile in mythic you are scrub. they think everyone gets 99th percentile just as they think 0.5% is giving everyone something for free,

just imagine if they put in mounts and what not in mythic raiding that only the first 50 kills worldwide would have access to, and it only dropped one per kill, the outrage among them would be hilarious to watch they would say why dont we get a mount as well we also kill this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Mythic mount that "top raiders" will quickly sell on PL runs and make it trivial and absolutely not representative of the actual achievement.

Well tried.
    you know the solution to that one right? make sure you cant sell it forbid carry runs for gold

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    who care about the 0.5% of the players who do mythic etc ? oh yeah, only you the 0.5% care about it..
    the reward should be the satisfaction to have done the mythic stuff by the way, why do you need a medal for it ?
    The same reason the heisman winner gets a trophy. The same reason the super bowl winners get rings. The same reason THE NBA champs get rings.. etc.

Were not big into participation trophies, holmes! We want the real deal. We want you to know that were the best.

I agree that the best should have visible / recognizable rewards, but i dont agree that there are too few of them in pve or raiding.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Pvpers get UNIQUE stuff. Mounts, transmogs, illusions. Pvers get solo farmable in later addon stuff.

Wanna have Invincible? Some people get it in the first run. Wanna old glad mount? Bad news for you.
    This system was never fare to collectors.
    PVErs get whole new unique raids and dungeons, when was the last time new BG was added? seething shore at end of legion and before that NOTHING since pandaria...
    and as mount collector, i have 465, so oh the horror of not geting one more mount, compared to no new content for whole expansions... yeah, i still think pvpers got more shitty deal...

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    They're just the cherry on the cake. Doesn't mean you should only eat the cake to get to the cherry.
    Sorry, that not how almost all games work in general.

But lets go with your logic: Why is there are cherry on the cake for PVP and M+ but not for raiding?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mean it is nice to have a way of showing off that youre "the best" - or at least among the best.

It's the whole reason trophies and stuff were created. Why be the best at something if there is no reward to flaunt? lol

This remind me wrath of the lich king when i got the glad mount in season 5 and 6 and then all of a sudden, BLIZZARD gave the EXACT SAME mount to EVERYONE in the game for free by getting the ICC meta achiev. lol
    Can I be extremely upset that Blizzard gave a copy of Mimiron's Head mount to a profession to make and sell? I flew around in my Mim's Head as proud as any mount farmer could be and then engineers started selling Mecha-Mogul Mk2. Sorry...... the game is the game. Enjoy what you got when you got it (that is the worst sentence structure ever). If you're in the game for epeen parading in Orgrimmar, then Classic might be your best bet on a Scarab Lord mount.
    Stay safe and have fun!

Mythic mount that "top raiders" will quickly sell on PL runs and make it trivial and absolutely not representative of the actual achievement.

Well tried.
    lol good argument,as if the same doesnt apply to all the others stuff you can get by buying them,uncluding pvp boosts

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You get Hall of Fame titles for the last raid. Server first titles were irrelevant because mediocre as hell guilds would get server first on dead servers. You also get cool mounts from at least the last raid, sometimes more. That's enough IMO.

Gladiator is also wayyyyy more exclusive than facerolling your way through some +15s. Even a middling scrub will get like 2400 io but not get 2400 in 3s in a million years.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

So, i'm hearing "pvp mount can be brought" "mythic raid mount can be brought" "mythic plus mount can be brought"

Solution is to ban sellers YAY.

Only me? i'll see myself out, but you know its 100% the solution.. if you had to earn them they'd mean something.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Don't the top mythic raid guilds get into the hall of fame? Should be enough, honestly. That and the money from boosting, selling mounts, the mount itself, etc plus honestly just the satisfaction for clearing the most difficult content WoW has to offer should be more than enough.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-09-16 at 05:22 AM.

I thought the fun part of the mythic raid was the progression, and the extras, the title and gear with higher ilvl than the rest, not to mention the transmogs that are generally more beautiful and few people will have before the raid gets old

So what's changed from the end of the legion to now?

I miss the time, that having tier 6 complete was enough for anyone wanting to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Seasonal reward includes Ahead of the Curve / Cutting Edge, then there is the Top 100 title on each side, and access to the mount quicker than others and for longer. Does there really need to be more? The game doesn't need more "Top 0.5%" rewards. In fact, removing things is dumb and bad for the game overall and need to get away from seasonal rewards.

So by your own logic PvP gets a gladiator mount and a title that repeats. Mythic Raiders get a title that only Top 100 guilds on each side get and an achievement. Mythic+ doesn't really get anything since Keystone Master isn't as complicated and more accessible.

It use to be just top 0.5%. Granted the % that will get the gladiator mount still are very likely low. It might be more around top 5% or so which brings it in line around with the top 100 mythic guild player numbers.
    Gladiator is nothing like clearung mythic raids. It's been an accepted fact that 1% of guilds clear mythic. In a normal tier around 1000 guilds clear mythic. Look at EP. So to be top 100 you are .1%. Gladiator is 50 times easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What i mean by average player is the average person who actually Qs pvp in world of warcraft. I wouldnt be talking about someone who qs 4 games in a season would I? How would that make sense?

Just look at the ladder on worldofwarcraft.com. lol

there are 991 "ranks+ on the ladder. However, there can be multiple of each rank due to the fact that if 2 people are for example, 2400, they have the same "rank".

2710 cr is the last rank on the ladder. You can be sure that there is AT LEAST 1,000 spots on the ladder and the lowest is 2710.

You can assume t he number of people at 2400+ is way higher than 2000, based on that information.

Also i said the average player is likely 2000-2400 in my post.. I didnt explicitly say 2400.
    Way higher than 2000, since it's supposed to be a bell curve, is reasonable.

I've previously estimated the number of people who get a permanent mount and a the temporary "gladiator" title to be in the 4k range, not an exact number but in that range.
    Which incidentaly is close to the number of people who get the hall of fame achiement and the permanent "Famed Slayer" title.

Mount and temporary title vs permanent title and a eventually wider spread mount. I fail to see the large discrepancy in rewards.
    Last edited by NeximEU; 2020-09-16 at 07:04 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn´t raid for rewards as a main focus, but for fun and progression. You get achievements, top equipment and titles already.

You might be in the wrong game if you need extra rewards... It i how it has always been.

You get a feat of strength achievement for Cutting Edge and the best loot available in game

The loot, in itself is the actual reward. Anything else is a bonus

You literally just have to play games to get to 1500 CR.
    Which a lot of players won't do. They'll play 30 matches, go 12-18 and be done for the season ending at like 900 CR. The middle of the pack is probably in the 1200-1400 range, just as most people have said. In no world is 2400 middle of the pack lmao... If you want to argue middle of the pack for extremely dedicated hardcore PvPers then fine. However by that definition, mythic raid clears are middle of the pack.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2020-09-16 at 07:22 AM.

Why are poeple so helbend on not giving Mythic Raiders any kind of reward for clearing the hardest Raid PvE content of the current patch?
    Achievments are useless.
    Of course i play the game because i want to play the game. And the gratification of clearing mythic is great. Even halfway through feels good.
    But they allready took away the unique mythic sets... which you still can get after the patch is over. And i think it is sad.
    In SL the appear to be ONLY recolors... not even with a slight modification at all.

Cosmetics are progression too. And i like to show off. Gladiators can. Mythic+ guys can. Why not raiders? An noone reads titles btw.
    It is not like the rewards from loot are timelocked. You can get EVERYTHING that drops in PvE lateron. Not in PvP which apparantly doesn't bother anyone.

Well tried.
    Yeah this is basically the only reason I'm not really for more rewards. Normally I wouldn't be against, I'd be for more rewards for everyone. But the boosting is so out of control, any reward is just more bait for boosters. Nobody really does it for real now, you dish out some gold and you have your mythic mount or whatever. So it's absolutely pointless. And not only that, but it contributes to destroying the game by making boosting even more used and making even more money for these companies.

And on point - if I see you with a specific special pvp mount or Mythic mount or special gear, I'll ALWAYS assume it's a boost. Even when I see people with CM gear or weapons, I assume they're bought, even if I have them myself obtained fair and square.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol good argument,as if the same doesnt apply to all the others stuff you can get by buying them,uncluding pvp boosts
    And? Just because it's already there doesn't mean you should repeat the same mistake over and over. You can't really take stuff back, because people would yell, but you can stop from making more. We've had this reward system for YEARS, it shouldn't be an issue not to add stuff now.
    If you want, you can start discussing why the whole raid of 20 people don't get that Mythic mount and sometimes miss out even though they have the kill. But otherwise, I don't think we need MORE.