Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Mop was absolute dogshit. Who took over 10 million subs and dropped it to 6 in one expansion? That would be mop.
    Tbh, the bits of MoP that I played weren't as bad as people say. I was a part of the "FUCK THE PANDAS!" crew and never played until late on, but the Timeless Isle and SoO were solid, the former being one of my favourite editions to be added to WoW. I also enjoyed the PvP a lot on Hunter/Warrior/Rogue. My biggest gripe was the ridiculously overpowered trinkets with warforged rng and the no icd on them..

Lol of course they do. With flying it's not like it takes that long to get there, plus summoning stones work now so you don't need every single person there. And even if you're looking for a group for a dungeon while leveling, you are going to be within a minute walk to the dungeon basically no matter what because you'll be questing in that zone or near it anyway.
    Who likes to walk to a dungeon and why? Flying is locked behind pathfinder? Or doesn't exist depending if we're talking classic or just wow in general. And I won't be max level all the time so don't get that argument at all?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Who likes to walk to a dungeon and why? Flying is locked behind pathfinder? Or doesn't exist depending if we're talking classic or just wow in general. And I won't be max level all the time so don't get that argument at all?
    Did you... did you not read anything I said past the first sentence?

Did you... did you not read anything I said past the first sentence?
    Answer the question instead?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Answer the question instead?
    My post answers your questions nimrod

Hence why I asked if you read it

Also, uh not sure what you’re smoking but tbc doesn’t have pathfinder?
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-10-08 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you’re using it right this guy must be saying this because anyone who says this doesn’t know what the game was like
    It's both bro. Wrath was a completely different game, if it was purely about influx that would be dumb considering wotlk wasn't the biggest growth.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It's not just nostalgia--for better or worse, things were different between then and now. Cataclysm brought significant changes in writing, tone, and how quests were handled. In successive expansions, visual fantasy and world consistency gradually slipped away, leaving a game that felt uneven and inconsistent. There are positives in modern gameplay and systems design, but it is a very different game.
    Last edited by Delano; 2020-10-12 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The irony being as Blizzard focused on the casual playerbase, the casuals left the game and subs plummeted because Blizzard has absolutely no idea why casuals play the game.
    The fact is they didn't appeal to the casual playerbase. They appealed to the entitled playerbase, who need everything handed to them on a silver platter. That's who the game has been crafted for, and that's pretty much all that play it now.
    This is what i am talking for the last 10 years since patch 3.3 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    WotLK was the beginning of the decline of the game.

It introduced the vast majority of "amenity"-mechanics we have today - like the dreadful achievement system, group finder, mass loot for everyone etc.

Player base wise, WotLK was the height of the game, but because they made it so much more convenient and casuall/mass gamer friendly. WotLK is where the decline started.

OG WoW was Classic to TBC.
    And thank fuck they did. The quality of life changes they’ve made over the years have mostly been for the better. I enjoy playing Classic WoW, but it honestly drives me back to retail most of the time - there’s so much good they added over the years Classic really does show it’s age.

It’s the same with TBC, less so Wrath. Wrath was the start of them adding more interesting mechanics into the game, as where TBC really was just an extension of Classic. If they hadn’t made any of the changes they did then WoW would have died a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that in many ways, BC was vanilla 2.0. But WotLK was already nothing like the game that once was.
    That latter had some really high highs, but also some low lows.
    To be honest though.. those lows were really nothing compared to some the issues the game has now.

Its funny, you think back on those things and the feelings you had about them at the time
    And now in retrospect I really have to wonder, if those were our biggest worries.. we had it pretty damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    with wotlk they added microtransaction shop, if i remember correctly it was near ending of the expansion - Since then WoW became a battlefield between devlopers and stock market. And of course if you try to discuss this openly, they start to harass you with their chat bots, which they use to mind control the majority that does not know how to critically think.
    They did everything to design the game in terms of "need creation"

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    with wotlk they added microtransaction shop, if i remember correctly it was near ending of the expansion - Since then WoW became a battlefield between devlopers and stock market. And of course if you try to discuss this openly, they start to harass you with their chat bots, which they use to mind control the majority that does not know how to critically think.
    They did everything to design the game in terms of "need creation"
    They did add the cash shop but from what I remember the only thing that was added to it at that time was just a couple pets and some spectral looking horse thingy. Yes, it was the start of the end because this paved it's way for wow tokens, character boost, etc... but I don't really think the cash shop at the very end of wotlk should be a strike against it's credibility. Much in the same way I don't credit tbc for the achievements added to the game even though it was 'released in tbc'.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I like flying; LFG would have been a great tool if they had designed it differently; keep it server only, and still require you to get to the dungeon on your own. But that is just my opinion, I am certain that as it was implemented was a boon for many players.
    "Get to the dungeon on your own". AKA waiting for 2 other people to get to the dungeon on their own and getting a summon... that was the reality for me more often than not. Even if I was the last to join a 5 player group i'd still often get to the dungeon 1st and have to wait 5 minutes or more for 1 other person to even bother to start flying.