Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    How can people do this to other people, is far beyond my comprehension.
    Well, when you don't view them as real people, it's easy. Dehumanization is the key. It's worked for decades in the military.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Well, when you don't view them as real people, it's easy. Dehumanization is the key. It's worked for decades in the military.
    and remember most of the dr's for prisions have had thier licenses revoked so they cant practice anywhere else in the private sector

Quote Originally Posted by blandwidth View Post
    "Marshmallows are marsupials."

"No they aren't".

"PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

- - - Updated - - -

How many people do you think died in India from famine?

(spoiler he doesn't know. It wasn't in the Jordan Peterson videos he watched)
    You mean the Bengal famine? What does that have anything to do with capitalism ?
    Spoiler: It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O you mean you can't show anything beyond saying a claim.
    Typical.
    You've always been doing that ever since you defended a child sexual predator.
    And unlike you I'm pretty sure I can find your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

P because someone needs to recognize an atrocity for what it is... I admire your simplicity but that's what it is.
    Another person that has personal issues as well.
    Still not seeing you condemn this. All you provided was off-topic whataboutism.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The US is turning into an evil pile of shit under republican rule. I certainly have my gripes with Obama and Bush, but somehow Trump and the current GOP have managed to make everything they did seem pleasant.

I look forward to Trump supporters, particularly pro lifers, finding a way to now support forced hysterectomies.
    "In an interview with The Intercept on Tuesday, Wooten estimated that more than 20 women had undergone hysterectomies in the last six years." seems like its more a general government issue than any one certain administration. https://theintercept.com/2020/09/15/...whistleblower/

Things like this shouldn't happen no matter what. Wrong wrong wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It’s amazing really. In the face of genocidal behaviour the right simply whatabouts
    Genocides are done by a large number of people not a left/right issue. Why do you seem to make it such?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You mean the Bengal famine? What does that have anything to do with capitalism ?
    Spoiler: It doesn't.
    Quite a bit considering it was an ostensibly capitalist country doing it. It has its modern echoes in vaccines being made more expensive for people in developing countries because of stupid anti-vaxxers in the developed world.

Hang on, I have something for this.

The British Empire is at the front teaching the class.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    "In an interview with The Intercept on Tuesday, Wooten estimated that more than 20 women had undergone hysterectomies in the last six years." seems like its more a general government issue than any one certain administration. https://theintercept.com/2020/09/15/...whistleblower/

Things like this shouldn't happen no matter what. Wrong wrong wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Genocides are done by a large number of people not a left/right issue. Why do you seem to make it such?
    Genocide need not be done by a large number of people and actually if often is a left-right issue. Generally, it is the right going off and committing these atrocities not the progressive left.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Genocide need not be done by a large number of people and actually if often is a left-right issue. Generally, it is the right going off and committing these atrocities not the progressive left.
    The only actual genocide going on right now is being committed by the Chinese Communist Party against the Uighurs.
    Rest in Power Aaron Danielson, David Dorn, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., and Jessica Doty Whitaker.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Some German 1941 View Post
    The only actual genocide going on right now is being committed by the Russian Communist Party.
    Nice Whataboutism, but what should i expect of genocide-cheerleaders?

Maybe you're not aware of this, but you can condem more than one genocide at a time. Shocking, i know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Nice Whataboutism, but what should i expect of genocide-cheerleaders?

Maybe you're not aware of this, but you can condem more than one genocide at a time. Shocking, i know!
    I'm not saying abuses aren't occurring. I'm saying it's not a systemic slaughter like is happening in Xinjiang. There's a pretty big spectrum there, with genocide being the extreme end, and legally, I don't believe what's happening on the border can be classified as genocide. China recently admitted more than 1.3 million Uighurs are being brought in a year. I don't think you can bring up anything happening in the US that would match that scale.
    Rest in Power Aaron Danielson, David Dorn, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., and Jessica Doty Whitaker.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'm not saying abuses aren't occurring. I'm saying it's not a systemic slaughter like is happening in Xinjiang. There's a pretty big spectrum there, with genocide being the extreme end, and legally, I don't believe what's happening on the border can be classified as genocide. China recently admitted more than 1.3 million Uighurs are being brought in a year. I don't think you can bring up anything happening in the US that would match that scale.
    How many people being forcibly sterilized, molested and brutalized are you comfortable with?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How many people being forcibly sterilized, molested and brutalized are you comfortable with?
    I'm not comfortable with any of it. I'm just saying the word genocide is wrong here in this context. Are abuses occurring? Absolutely. Should they be stopped and prosecuted? Absolutely. Does it reach the levels of Nazi or Ottoman actions, like the Chinese Communist Party is doing? No, they don't. I'm more against hyperbole than against calling out the abuse when it happens.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Oh my...

I'm not comfortable with any of it. I'm just saying the word genocide is wrong here in this context. Are abuses occurring? Absolutely. Should they be stopped and prosecuted? Absolutely. Does it reach the levels of Nazi or Ottoman actions, like the Chinese Communist Party is doing? No, they don't. I'm more against hyperbole than against calling out the abuse when it happens.
    There is no set number for the definition of the word you are basically saying until it reaches million it's not a genocide. That's not really how that works the point is to stop it until it reaches that level until then you are basically giving it a free pass. It's not hyperbole to call it what it is to bring attention and make sure it doesn't reach that level, these countries didn't start with million.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Key word - movie. People can be hilariously evil and fit the stereotype of a crazy doctor death only in the gullible minds of left wingers. In reality there are 3 likely possibilities:

1) this story is completely fictional and made up for attention because the whistleblower knows that left wingers are gullible and will gobble it up without question.
    2) this story is blown grossly out of proportion but there were hysterectomies carried out that were medically necessary but the patients didn't understand their necessity and became distraught over it and the whistleblower is an opportunist looking to rile up gullible left winger.
    3) it is medical malpractice and unnecessary hysterectomies are being carried out. Once again, not genocide. There have been millions of cases of doctors forcing women into unnecessary and dangerous procedures - faulty mesh implants being chief among them. But no one alleged genocide in those cases.

Until hard video or documentary evidence comes out, no one is sterilizing those women to commit genocide in the USA. Actually there is a country that does just that with hard video and documentary proof widely available online - China. But none of the left wingers dare stand up to their Chinese overlords.
    Wrong you forgot the 4the option he found a way to do very costly operations on a group who would not be able to file complaints and so was raking in loads of money from medcare. You forgot greed the most obvious answer. He was already convicted in the past of trying to get more money then he was owed by filing false claims to medcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There is no set number for the definition of the word you are basically saying until it reaches million it's not a genocide. That's not really how that works the point is to stop it until it reaches that level until then you are basically giving it a free pass. It's not hyperbole to call it what it is to bring attention and make sure it doesn't reach that level, you are basically siding with the monsters.
    There is a legal definition of what actions reach genocide, though. Saying something doesn't meet the threshold for the very end of the spectrum doesn't mean one is condoning the abuses that are being done. I understand it's an election year and hyperbole is the whole point, but words do have meanings.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Oh my...

I know very well it that it is not a pleasent thought that your own country is doing shit, but just because it isn't comfortable doesn't mean it does not happen.

Does it match the sacle of the Holocaust, or the Armenian genocide, or the genocide Julius Caesar subjected Gaul to? No, but that is also not the bar(r) for genocide. It must not be the worst example of genocide to be genocide.

The same goes for concentration camps themselves. Just because they aren't Nazi death camps, doesn't mean it cannot be a concentration camp. Words have meaning (as you yourself just stated), that may not correlate with your feelings.

And let's be frank here, by downplaying it, you're noramlizing it. Call stuff by its name, even if it hurts feelings. Wasn't that the shtick?
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2020-09-18 at 09:19 AM.

I know very well it that it is not a pleasent thought that your own country is doing shit, but just because it isn't comfortable doesn't mean it does not happen.

Does it match the sacle of the Holocaust, or the Armenian genocide, or the genocide Julius Caesar subjected Gaul to? No, but that is also not the bar(r) for genocide. It must not be the worst example of genocide to be genocide.

And let's be frank here, by downplaying it, you're noramlizing it. Call stuff by its name, even if it hurts feelings. Wasn't that the shtick?
    I'm Greek, it's not my country beyond the fact I live there. Want to try again?
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Oh my...

There is a legal definition of what actions reach genocide, though. Saying something doesn't meet the threshold for the very end of the spectrum doesn't mean one is condoning the abuses that are being done. I understand it's an election year and hyperbole is the whole point, but words do have meanings.
    And here we have a problem. The definition has been posted enough times here, and i'd say it fits. What definition of genocide are you using that it doesn't amount to it?

Hint: It must be the same like the Holocaust is NOT the definition of genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm Greek, it's not my country beyond the fact I live there. Want to try again?
    Yeah, i don't subscribe to that blood stuff. If you live in the US you're for all purposes an american to me. If we start down this road, NO one is american, and no one is european.

Yeah, i don't subscribe to that blood stuff. If you live in the US you're for all purposes an american to me. If we start down this road, NO one is american, and no one is european.
    I'm literally not even a citizen, so yeah, I'm not an American.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Oh my...

You are hiding behind legality? did you look it up? because it only mentions nationality which this meets not number wise. Even if it wasn't an election year it would meet the definition, Do you think Hitler started with the number he got? These programs start small in secrecy with people like you hand waving and ignore it while the programs grow.