Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    As long as people will be spreading nonsense, I will gladly help you get back the meaning of words.
    Only one spreading nonsense here is the one making all the semantic arguments when the actual issue is that the US has an inhumane immigration policy that has taken on a genocidal bent under the current regime as a result of it being run by white supremacists. Moreover, your bias is showing because you only ever want to wait for the evidence whenever its a right wing party being accused of wrongdoing, as demonstrated by your willingness to demonise protesters and victim blame the people shot in Kenosha.

No one believes that you’re impartial, hun. Drop the act.

Getting real fuckin’ tired of Europeans with Opinions™️ on US immigration when they can’t handle their own influx of new arrivals without a race war or doing an antisemitism about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Only one spreading nonsense here is the one making all the semantic arguments when the actual issue is that the US has an inhumane immigration policy that has taken on a genocidal bent under the current regime as a result of it being run by white supremacists.

Moreover, your bias is showing because you only ever want to wait for the evidence whenever its a right wing party being accused of wrongdoing, as demonstrated by your willingness to demonise protesters and victim blame the people shot in Kenosha.

No one believes that you’re impartial, hun. Drop the act.
    My biais is showing ? What about yours ? You want to sentence people without any evidence, just hearsay. What kind of justice is that ?

And obviously you are so much more impartial ? Pot kettle black ?

And if USA immigration policy is inhumane, what about EU ? We let people drown in the middle of the sea, we refuse for ONG boats to dock at our ports and we stash those people in Lesbos (which recently was destroyed in a fire). The world is not as simple as you try to make it out to be.

As for Kenosha, I did not try to demonise the protesters or whatever, I tried to analyse the facts as objectively as it was possible to do it, while you did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biais is showing ? What about yours ? You want to sentence people without any evidence, just hearsay. What kind of justice is that ?
    Who said anything about sentencing?

Abolish ICE, no sentencing required. The judiciary can handle the rest.

And obviously you are so much more impartial ? Pot kettle black ?
    Yes, because I recognise my own biases and check them at the door rather than pretending that ICE should be given the benefit of the doubt.

And if USA immigration policy is inhumane, what about EU ?
    Equally as inhumane because western immigration policy as it is understood is inherently tied to white supremacy. What's your point?

As for Kenosha, I did not try to demonise the protesters or whatever, I tried to analyse the facts as objectively as it was possible to do it, while you did not.
    'Analysing the facts' is a funny way of defending the shooter with 'wait for the facts' while passing summary judgement on the protesters because, and I quote "you can't believe" that they didn't instigate the event.

Get your arguments straight, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well with all the crap U.S.A doctors do, this isn’t realy surprising. The real question is how many people knew this was going on and if it’s happening in other detention centres.

Who said anything about sentencing?

Abolish ICE, no sentencing required. The judiciary can handle the rest.

Yes, because I recognise my own biases and check them at the door rather than pretending that ICE should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Equally as inhumane because western immigration policy as it is understood is inherently tied to white supremacy. What's your point?

'Analysing the facts' is a funny way of defending the shooter with 'wait for the facts' while passing summary judgement on the protesters because, and I quote "you can't believe" that they didn't instigate the event.

Get your arguments straight, lol.
    Sure, while your argument is that he went there for the sole purpose of shooting someone. I do not know who instigated the event and I am pretty sure it will central at the trial. And on the contrary to you, I do not make up conjectures out of thin air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, while your argument is that he went there for the sole purpose of shooting someone.
    Strawmen arguments are a fallacy, I hope you know.

I do not know who instigated the event and I am pretty sure it will central at the trial. And on the contrary to you, I do not make up conjectures out of thin air.
    Unless it happens to demonise people you disagree with politically in which case you'll conjecture until the cows come home, and then argue with the cows over whether or not their definition of "grass" is correct. Lol.

Which is the point. It's very telling that you're not denying you're making a biased argument, but rather insisting everyone's argument is biased - which is an admission that your stance is indefensible. Sit down.

Strawmen arguments are a fallacy, I hope you know.

Unless it happens to demonise people you disagree with politically in which case you'll conjecture until the cows come home, and then argue with the cows over whether or not their definition of "grass" is correct. Lol.

Which is the point. It's very telling that you're not denying you're making a biased argument, but rather insisting everyone's argument is biased - which is an admission that your stance is indefensible. Sit down.
    Pot kettle black much? Again, you are really liking those strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pot kettle black much? Again, you are really liking those strawman.
    You seriously think "pot/kettle" means a fallacious argument? Lol. And you have the nerve to lecture other people on semantics.

What purpose does giving ICE the benefit of the doubt in this situation serve.

If we are talking this incident which is still under investigation, if it results in the lone rogue doctor, it won't probably be called "genocide". If it results in the targeting of that specific ethnic group by the administration, that will be different.
    And if he was doing it under the purvey of authority as an ICE doctor given the responsibility of the well-being of women who are already being illegally held indefinitely in inhumane conditions?

He wasn't a private doctor who they were referring out to. He was in charge of these women's health, put there IN PLACE by an agency which already has a long, rife history of hating people like the women he victimized and doing atrocious shit to them.

It's rather weird seeing multiple people that handwaved the definition of genocide away in the past on multiple occasions harp on it in this very thread. What's even better is that while it could be argued that this even would not meet the full criteria, it wouldn't be for the reasons raised. Either way, it's still not as weird as the fascinating revelation that Stalin was a fascist, despite the stark opposition to everything related to communism and USSR in particular being one of the core tenets of Hitler's political world view (next to all the crazy superiority stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You should also be aware that Mao was considered a centrist at best and anyone who opposed him was labeled left wing and ultra left but keep go on and fucking that chicken. and left and ultra left in this case didn't even mean left wing as we know it But hey why am I even saying this, it's a waste of time on a person like you.

the claim of Stalin being left was because of the entire saying all people are equal but you know... WATCH WHAT THEY DO NOT WHAT THEY SAY
    It's rather funny how you lecture people on how they should ignore what Stalin said just one paragraph after you used the official position of the Chinese government from early 60s. Very self-aware. Especially since that statement by the Chinese also included contrasting China with Stalin, whose views they contrasted with Mao and painted as a left-leaning deviation.

do you think communism is left??? Like truly you people don't seem to understand shit about politics.
    Says the political mastermind that things the likes of Pol Pot were right wingers.

"Why do you assume people who call far-right things left are rightwing"

because they're literally the only ones?
    This is just circular logic mixed with confirmation bias. Not an actual answer to @Logwyn's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Best to not argue with people about communism who don't even know who figures like Trotsky were.
    And how would Trotsky salvage @Themius' point about communism not being left? Because he led the Left Opposition to Stalin? The very point of the Trotsky and his followers wasn't that communism isn't left (or even that communism as practiced by Stalin isn't left), it's that what Stalin did isn't even real communism to begin with and that Stalin is a traitor to the concept. Precisely because they very much considered communism itself to be left wing. And for the record, just because the Left Opposition disagreed with Stalin that doesn't automatically make Stalin right wing. Especially since, there was also the Right Opposition to him led by Bukharin as well.

Your invocation of Trotsky only shows how Themius' argument is not very good, to say it gently. Because communism is very much left wing. Totalitarian left is still left. And before Themius starts projecting his deep not-circular-logic at me, I'm a staunchly anti-right wing social democrat, which most of my posts in Gen-OT/politics convey. I just don't have this weird need to pretend my side of the political spectrum is somehow magically immune to having radicals committing evil acts.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-10-01 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's rather weird seeing multiple people that handwaved the definition of genocide away in the past on multiple occasions harp on it in this very thread. What's even better is that while it could be argued that this even would not meet the full criteria, it wouldn't be for the reasons raised. Either way, it's still not as weird as the fascinating revelation that Stalin was a fascist, despite the stark opposition to everything related to communism and USSR in particular being one of the core tenets of Hitler's political world view (next to all the crazy superiority stuff).

It's rather funny how you lecture people on how they should ignore what Stalin said just one paragraph after you used the official position of the Chinese government from early 60s. Very self-aware. Especially since that statement by the Chinese also included contrasting China with Stalin, whose views they contrasted with Mao and painted as a left-leaning deviation.

Says the political mastermind that things the likes of Pol Pot were right wingers.

This is just circular logic mixed with confirmation bias. Not an actual answer to @Logwyn's post.

And how would Trotsky salvage @Themius' point about communism not being left? Because he led the Left Opposition to Stalin? The very point of the Trotsky and his followers wasn't that communism isn't left (or even that communism as practiced by Stalin isn't left), it's that what Stalin did isn't even real communism to begin with and that Stalin is a traitor to the concept. Precisely because they very much considered communism itself to be left wing. And for the record, just because the Left Opposition disagreed with Stalin that doesn't automatically make Stalin right wing. Especially since, there was also the Right Opposition to him led by Bukharin as well.

Your invocation of Trotsky only shows how Themius' argument is not very good, to say it gently. Because communism is very much left wing. Totalitarian left is still left. And before Themius starts projecting his deep not-circular-logic at me, I'm a staunchly anti-right wing social democrat, which most of my posts in Gen-OT/politics convey. I just don't have this weird need to pretend my side of the political spectrum is somehow magically immune to having radicals committing evil acts.
    You’re doing an amazing job of exposing your lack of idk... critical thought around the issue?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's rather weird seeing multiple people that handwaved the definition of genocide away in the past on multiple occasions harp on it in this very thread.
    Real life and video games aren’t the same thing though it might be hard to believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys ever wonder why the Trumpkins never seem to complain about or want to sterilize the illegal immigrants from Russia, Asia, or Europe? Like... why is it always illegal Mexican immigrants who deserve this genocide? There must be a reason why the rabid followers of Donald Trump are only focusing on about half of the border hoppers, while they let the others go free and reproduce. There's an idea on the tip of my mind about why they're doing this but I just can't put my finger on it... My brain is trembling...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    You guys ever wonder why the Trumpkins never seem to complain about or want to sterilize the illegal immigrants from Russia, Asia, or Europe? Like... why is it always illegal Mexican immigrants who deserve this genocide? There must be a reason why the rabid followers of Donald Trump are only focusing on about half of the border hoppers, while they let the others go free and reproduce. There's an idea on the tip of my mind about why they're doing this but I just can't put my finger on it... My brain is trembling...
    Well the honest answer is one went through a arduous process to prove they will be asset to the country in a role that the current population struggles to fill.

The other made a mockery of our laws demands we host them and rarely if ever has a marketable skill and is commonly weaponized against the working poor to depress wages while causing more of a burden on already overburdened social support nets.

As for the topic on hand. It makes sense to me that in cases were medical shortages are common that supplies and testing first is given to the citizens of a country before forgien criminals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Well the honest answer is one went through a arduous process to prove they will be asset to the country in a role that the current population struggles to fill.

The other made a mockery of our laws demands we host them and rarely if ever has a marketable skill and is commonly weaponized against the working poor to depress wages while causing more of a burden on already overburdened social support nets.

As for the topic on hand. It makes sense to me that in cases were medical shortages are common that supplies and testing first is given to the citizens of a country before forgien criminals.
    I agree, the current occupant in the white house has no marketable skills and has warred against the working poor his entire life. He’s made a mockery of the laws this country has been founded on. Now that he’s in the hospital, he’s even more of a burden o the social support nets he’s tried to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I agree, the current occupant in the white house had no marketable skills and has warred against the working poor his entire life. Now that he’s in the hospital, he’s even more of a burden o the social support nets he’s tried to destroy.
    I mean does this serve any kind of goal? A question was asked and it was answered this isnt all that witty and just details.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just say "rich people", you know.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean does this serve any kind of goal? A question was asked and it was answered this isnt all that witty and just details.
    What was the purpose of your post other than to smear people trying to get a better life?

Are only poor people subject to criticism? Or is your fuhrer above everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    What was the purpose of your post other than to smear people trying to get a better life?

Are only poor people subject to criticism? Or is your fuhrer above everyone else?
    I responded to the question he asked why there was a focus on illegal immigrants over legal ones. It was a specific answer to a specific question the statement didn't exist in a void.

7+ Year Old Account
    I responded to the question he asked why there was a focus on illegal immigrants over legal ones. It was a specific answer to a specific question the statement didn't exist in a void.
    You’re right, you’re ignoring everything this administration has done. Why are you ignoring legal immigrants and citizens who do worse than what you’re saying.