Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yes probably for the best that you dont excuse a genocide.
    Why aren't you protesting actual genocides in China, Ukraine, Palestine and South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... it's ridiculous because genocide isn't just about a few individuals being affected...
    Well, let's see.

For genocide to happen, there must be certain preconditions. Foremost among them is a national culture that does not place a high value on human life. A totalitarian society, with its assumed superior ideology, is also a precondition for genocidal acts. In addition, members of the dominant society must perceive their potential victims as less than fully human: as "pagans," "savages," "uncouth barbarians," "unbelievers," "effete degenerates," "ritual outlaws," "racial inferiors," "class antagonists," "counterrevolutionaries," and so on.]In themselves, these conditions are not enough for the perpetrators to commit genocide. To do that—that is, to commit genocide—the perpetrators need a strong, centralized authority and bureaucratic organization as well as pathological individuals and criminals. Also required is a campaign of vilification and dehumanization of the victims by the perpetrators, who are usually new states or new regimes attempting to impose conformity to a new ideology and its model of society.
    A national culture that does not place a high value on human life: Check.

A totalitarian society, with its assumed superior ideology, sure as hell checks for Trump and his supporters. MAGA, America First, and so on, amirite?

Perception of inferiority of the targeted populace by the dominant one, again, check for Trump and his followers.

A strong, centralized authority and bureaucratic organization as well as pathological individuals and criminals, yup, check. While noone would ever accuse Trump of being a figure of authority or organized, he sure is a criminal.

A campaign to vilify and dehumanize the victims, another check. Damn immigrants be takin' yer jobs, and they be floodin' the country with violence an' drugs.

Bonus round, a new regime that attempts to impose conformity to a new ideology and its model of society, check. MAGA really bites you in the ass here, because it implies America wasn't great before and you want to change it as a social structure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Why aren't you protesting actual genocides in China, Ukraine, Palestine and South Africa?
    Why are you trying to change the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I'd talk more here but I feel like Rozz is stalking me from the bushes, just waiting for me to slip up, so I'm gonna leave this echo chamber.

Enjoy, guys. Orange man bad, and all that.
    What? Can't back up your claims? Unsurprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Because, contrary to popular belief, a standard American cannot do anything about those countries. The politicians have to do something about those. BUT, we can do something about the people on our borders. We can hold our politicians to account.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What? Can't back up your claims? Unsurprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Because, contrary to popular belief, a standard American cannot do anything about those countries. The politicians have to do something about those. BUT, we can do something about the people on our borders. We can hold our politicians to account.
    Yeah cancel the border, what could go wrong? Forget the mass rapes and sexual assaults at Cologne?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-16 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Yeah cancel the border, what could go wrong? Forget the mass rapes and sexual assaults at Cologne?
    No one said anything about canceling a border, and no, don't know shit about Cologne, we already have a huge problem in this country, don't need to worry about someone else's.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware the US had an open border with Mexico until relatively recently, yeah?

Stop repeating talking points you picked up from Facebook. I'm getting awfully tired of Europeans with Opinions™ about race relations in their former colonies with they instigated to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You had a valid point about not condemning something until solid proof surfaces (though the steadily mounting evidence paints a grim picture). Then you started trying to deflect and memeing about cancel culture (fake news btw). Sad.

OT, ICE has to go. If we want to consider the US as a nation of “good guys,” then we need to strive towards that ideal. If we don’t want that, we should stop lying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The US is turning into an evil pile of shit under republican rule. I certainly have my gripes with Obama and Bush, but somehow Trump and the current GOP have managed to make everything they did seem pleasant.

I look forward to Trump supporters, particularly pro lifers, finding a way to now support forced hysterectomies.
    To be fair, we've always been a pile of shit, we just covered it up a lot better than most other places.

How gullible do you have to be to believe complete nonsense like this? It's hilarious that left wingers call any right wing discourse a "conspiracy theory" and then come out of the woodwork and allege genocide based on nothing but hearsay.
    Because this is so totally new and never happened before

Coerced sterilization is a shameful part of America’s history, and one doesn’t have to go too far back to find examples of it. Used as a means of controlling “undesirable” populations – immigrants, people of color, poor people, unmarried mothers, the disabled, the mentally ill – federally-funded sterilization programs took place in 32 states throughout the 20th century. Driven by prejudiced notions of science and social control, these programs informed policies on immigration and segregation.

As historian William Deverell explains in a piece discussing the “Asexualization Acts” that led to the sterilization of more than 20,000 California men and women,“If you are sterilizing someone, you are saying, if not to them directly, ‘Your possible progeny are inassimilable, and we choose not to deal with that.’”
    There totally has never been reparations for those impacted before either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Calling this genocide is ridiculous, but this is not a left or right wing story. It's about a detention center doctor abusing detainees and removing their uterus under false pretext. You don't have to be liberal to see that this is a plot straight out of a horror movie.
    This is literally the definition of genocide I do not care nor does anyone else care if you feel "it isn't genocide" it fucking is genocide.

Spaying women and then sending them back to their home country IS AN EXACT PROGRAM the US has ran before

- - - Updated - - -

lol... it's ridiculous because genocide isn't just about a few individuals being affected...
    "hahhaha hehehehe" because clearly there are no other victims none at all. Clearly this has never happened at any other place ever before.

Clearly people coming forward never leads to others also coming forward with the proof being they literally are missing reproductive parts...

- - - Updated - - -

Source: the words of disgruntled fired employee. No pictures, no documents, no witnesses, no victim complaints, nothing relevant, only hearsay and opinions.

Imagine believing any nonsense just because it validates your raging TDS. But then the Russia hoax was also based on nothing but hearsay and opinions, and it was quite...successful for ratings, despite being proven to have been utter nonsense after wasting millions of tax payer dollars.

ORANGE MAN BAD.
    The nurse... crying as she talks about those women is "orange man bad" and faking? You don't think she cares about the patients?

Tell me if the Russian Hoax is real why did this happen?

Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-16 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip for the trumpsters defending this in this thread, just because you find it politically inconvenient to call an ongoing genocide a genocide, doesn't mean it isn't one.

Forced surgical sterilization of refugees and immigrants hits every single check mark on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure, man. Russia hoax was totally real despite not being proven. Because when you're a Leftist, opinions, hearsay and emotions > truth.
    It was proven it's why his conspirators were convicted and Trump was impeached.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You mean how China is rounding up Muslim women and then often enough sterilising them?
    The report uses Chinese government data and documents to prove how the administration is repressing the reproductive rights of Uyghur minorities. Women from the community, as well as other minority communities, are apparently being threatened with internment in case they do not follow the reproductive policies as laid down by the state. Some women are being forced into camps. Actions that can attract punishment include exceeding birth quotas or refusing to conduct abortions.

Women have been asked to use intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUDs) in some areas even though they have not breached the legal rule of having two children. Some reports also show that women are being given injections that block periods. In rural areas, Uygur females have to undergo mandatory pregnancy tests and other gynecological exams quite frequently. As a result of such sterilization and birth control activities, the population in Xinjiang has fallen dramatically over the past few years.

Source: the words of disgruntled fired employee. No pictures, no documents, no witnesses, no victim complaints, nothing relevant, only hearsay and opinions.

Imagine believing any nonsense just because it validates your raging TDS. But then the Russia hoax was also based on nothing but hearsay and opinions, and it was quite...successful for ratings, despite being proven to have been utter nonsense after wasting millions of tax payer dollars.

ORANGE MAN BAD.
    "He was just a covfefe boy..."

I love watching Trumpsters push lies.

It's odd that the very same people who support ethno-nationalism, also support genocide. I did Nazi that one coming at all.

- - - Updated - - -

How gullible do you have to be to believe complete nonsense like this? It's hilarious that left wingers call any right wing discourse a "conspiracy theory" and then come out of the woodwork and allege genocide based on nothing but hearsay.
    You find that evidence, yet?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-09-16 at 01:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    While not ethical, to call it genocide devalues the word.
    You don’t even know what the word actually means if you think using the literal definition devalues it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54160638

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...?cd-origin=rss

Let's remember there is a history of this here. Mass sterilisation of blacks and puerto ricans.

This is how it started... before they started killing them outright.
    I got a lot of shit for comparing the Trump administration to Hitler

But you're right. When the Nazis took power, they did a mass sterilization (and sometimes just straight up murder, or "euthanasia") of "undesirables." (undesirables is not my word, but the word the Nazis would use.)

Strange how these comparisons to Hitler keep becoming more and more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Surprised we haven't seen any Trumpsters coming in to defend this.

No I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious. Every time some evil thing the Trump administration is doing come out all I see people say is "They shouldn't have broken the law" I fully expect another repeat of that sentiment.
    They usually come out with some terrible "whataboutism"

"Oh but Hillary would be worse!!!!! Butcher of Benghazi!!!!"
    Putin khuliyo

1 - Not what this thread is about.
    2 - There have been other threads about China, Ukraine, Palestine and South Africa. People in this thread have discussed crimes happening in those countries.
    3 - This is a crime committed by the Trump administration. Who is up for election in November. Its alot easier to do something about a corrupt government when you have the opportunity to vote them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I got a lot of shit for comparing the Trump administration to Hitler

But you're right. When the Nazis took power, they did a mass sterilization (and sometimes just straight up murder, or "euthanasia") of "undesirables." (undesirables is not my word, but the word the Nazis would use.)

Strange how these comparisons to Hitler keep becoming more and more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

They usually come out with some terrible "whataboutism"

"Oh but Hillary would be worse!!!!! Butcher of Benghazi!!!!"
    What's amazing are those trying to say "it's too far calling this genocide!"

When this is exactly how past genocides have started with sterilisation genocide, leading into outright murders, or alongside with.

10+ Year Old Account
    But none of the left wingers dare stand up to their Chinese overlords.
    Many of us have been complaining about the Chinese for quite some time, but there's jackshit we can do about it. We can, however, do something about the shit that goes on in our own border.

Don't "whatabout China" this.
    Putin khuliyo

question: do you think sweden committed genocide between 1934 and 2013?
    Were they forcibly sterilizing an ethnic people?

Is yes, then... yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure, man. Russia hoax was totally real despite not being proven. Because when you're a Leftist, opinions, hearsay and emotions > truth.
    You clearly didn't read the Mueller report.

You know the part where he explicitly says that the report does not exonerate the President, and that he has enough to indict the president, if it weren't for the opinion of the Office of Legal Counsel that a President should not be indicted.

That is in the report.

It explicitly DOES NOT call him innocent.
    Putin khuliyo