Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maramesh View Post
    Expect an announcement for prepatch following today's Revendreth afterlives video. September 29th is the most likely date.
    thats tomorrow not today

15+ Year Old Account
    So what everything is coming with the pre patch? Undead invasion + New rares in icecrown + level squish?

i wonder if its coming out on the 22nd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBoxer View Post
    i wonder if its coming out on the 22nd
    There is probably a 0% chance of pre-patch coming next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    So what everything is coming with the pre patch? Undead invasion + New rares in icecrown + level squish?
    yes and class updates as usual

it's not available for me. Hmm..Did I already download it thanks to PTR or..just "coming" late?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Damn, did you see how big the patch was so I can try and clear enough space for it.
    If you are on Windows yoiu could try using symbolic links (you'll have to look it up) - moving some folders to another drive and putting symbolic link in their place, so that the game "thinks" they are still in the same place. You could use it either for some wow folders, or for other stuff you have installed on your HD.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Thats weird, I have the beta and I still had a 300+mb file to download when I closed wow
    That are probably the missing video files and cutscenes that you don't have on beta/ptr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    it's not available for me. Hmm..Did I already download it thanks to PTR or..just "coming" late?
    Nope, it are only 300 MB that you need to download, not very much. Probably only the missing cutscenes and videos that you don't have on the PTR/Beta!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    All the corruption effects on gear had been removed on the PTR as well.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I dont see any download available for me. i dont have ptr installed neither beta.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    I dont see any download available for me. i dont have ptr installed neither beta.
    Refresh your battlenet, it is there unless you havnt pre ordered shadowlands maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbz View Post
    Refresh your battlenet, it is there unless you havnt pre ordered shadowlands maybe?
    I did, it just downloaded a 3 mb something something and thats it. And i have preordered months ago. Dunno whats going on

any reason why I'm stuck at Background Download for +15 minutes without any downloading???

EDIT: nm, I fixed it.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-16 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    That is totally unlogical. 22nd is impossible because there was no dps tuning in beta yet.

So actually we are probably 3 weeks away. Oct 6th seems very likely now.
    No. Exactly BECAUSE of this, blizzard splitted the PTR and beta: PTR and Prepatch are now 9.0.1 while beta is on 9.0.2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    I did, it just downloaded a 3 mb something something and thats it. And i have preordered months ago. Dunno whats going on
    Did you install beta or PTR: then you only have around 379 mb to download. Maybe battle.net was already open in the background and you already installed it without you knowing it (many have battle.net starting at system start). Also see if the battle.net client is up to date (in the settings left below needs to be the actual build number, for me it's 1.25.0.12315 right now)

You might actually have completely skipped it if you have a fast internet-connection and you set background download speed to unlimited. Also look if you have background downloads even enabled: you can set this on globally OR on a per-game basis in the battle.net client.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahyl View Post
    What's the likelihood that we'll get the pre-patch on September 22nd?
    They usually give a 2 week notice for the pvpers to finish up their last pushes for gladiator or whatever for the mounts. So, it would be surprising if they announced it for next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They usually give a 2 week notice for the pvpers to finish up their last pushes for gladiator or whatever for the mounts. So, it would be surprising if they announced it for next Tuesday.
    Yes... and no. Theoretically blizzard could extend the season until the release of shadowlands. Just because there is a major patch does not mean that it's the end of the season. We also had multiple seasons without a major patch release.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes... and no. Theoretically blizzard could extend the season until the release of shadowlands. Just because there is a major patch does not mean that it's the end of the season. We also had multiple seasons without a major patch release.
    Well, it would be kinda weird, to continue the season, with no corruptions, at level 50 and new spells and abilities? I don't think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's worded silly on mmo-champ, but you just don't download EVERYTHING again, there is still a small patch.
    I think it is worded pretty clear "If you have already installed Shadowlands PTR or Beta then you won't have to download all the files again since the client automatically shares the data on disk."

When I read that it means I have to download some files, and if below is correct that is a big difference:

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Twenty fucking gigs? Jesus.
    "Peace is a lie"

5+ Year Old Account
    Insert "OMG! Okay It's happening! Everyone stay calm! STAY FUCKING CALM!" Gif here =P

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Insert "OMG! Okay It's happening! Everyone stay calm! STAY FUCKING CALM!" Gif here =P
    Pretty much! I've been very critical of Blizzard and what they've done but I'm actually hyped for SL. Covenants seem meh but I can deal with it. Everything else seems pretty good, so I'm excited