Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Pretty much! I've been very critical of Blizzard and what they've done but I'm actually hyped for SL. Covenants seem meh but I can deal with it. Everything else seems pretty good, so I'm excited
    I'm just hoping it's not like BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I'm just hoping it's not like BFA.
    I honestly don't think it will be. BfA could've been so good but Blizzard took time played metrics and pumped it up to 100. Literally everything was a TPM. Azerite Gear? TPM. HoA? TPM. Allied Races? TPM. I mean it was crazy - they pretty much took all of that away in SL (hence why they;re giving allied races away, removing Pathfinder for WoD+Legion) so I have pretty high hopes but I'm NOT counting on anything as it's still Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    You might actually have completely skipped it if you have a fast internet-connection and you set background download speed to unlimited. Also look if you have background downloads even enabled: you can set this on globally OR on a per-game basis in the battle.net client.
    I personally had PTR but I uninstalled it a few weeks back.

I had 300mb to download now and my WoW file is 81gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Is anybody else's download over 20GB?

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I doubt they'd only give 1 week after sending out their times running out emails. Probably 2 weeks till prepatch so september 29th.
    I agree, everything points to the 29th.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i still hope it's not like bfa.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    yes and class updates as usual
    aaand maybe the most useful part of prepatch: chromie time exile's reach as well. but both will stay with us after release of course, when invasion and the 20 rares are all gone and forgotten.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-09-16 at 03:22 PM.

so looks like its 2 weeks out.
    that would be my guess.

They're going to announce prepatch on the 22nd tomorrow after the Afterlives short. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I think it is worded pretty clear "If you have already installed Shadowlands PTR or Beta then you won't have to download all the files again since the client automatically shares the data on disk."

When I read that it means I have to download some files, and if below is correct that is a big difference:
    Yeah, the download said it was 20 gigs when it started and I can't understand how the pre-patch could possibly be that big. Unless it's containing all the Shadowlands stuff that isn't accessible until release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yeah, the download said it was 20 gigs when it started and I can't understand how the pre-patch could possibly be that big. Unless it's containing all the Shadowlands stuff that isn't accessible until release.
    It does, it's basically the expansion with a small 9.0.2 patch before launch.

Prepatch has always been this way.

Quote Originally Posted by AllSeeingFries View Post
    They're going to announce prepatch on the 22nd tomorrow after the Afterlives short. Mark my words.
    As many people have already suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is anybody else's download over 20GB?
    Mine was 13 GB iirc.